Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it ok to have male friends?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 4
Is it ok to have male friends?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
most of my friends are female but i wouldn't let some old bag call me a whore because i happen to hang out with guys.

do you suppose she'd call me a lesbian because most of my friends are female?

i'm hoping this old woman doesn't still have her driver's license
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 6
Is it ok to have male friends?
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:21:16 AM
small minded twit.

i did have a really close male friend once, he had a lot of single friends but i didn't bang all of them. just 2

hehehehe
 Fry Lock
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:01:43 AM
yes it's ok; tell her to MHOB; most of my friends are guys as well; I haven't found any women in WI that I can trust; all my good GF's are in TX; guys are kinda weird about that too; when they first meet you they think it's cool that you have guy friends; then once they start kind of likin you, it' suddenly not okay anymore; never figured that one out...
 pky1988
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:02:42 AM
If you are dating someone and as long as you are ok if he has more friends that are girls than guys, then it's ok. I just see problems. I wasn't allowed to have any friends that were girls that I've know from high school. But , she was still allowed to see her friends.

I hear mostly men are pigs and women are innocent. Not true in my case. In the end you both have to agree to trust each other or else it will not work. Especially when it is a " I can do it but you can't" situation.

You don't have to be sleeping with you opposit sex friends. It's the fact that in your partners head, things might happen. The posibility of sleeping together might be there in your parners mind. Even if you know nothing will happen. Insecurity. They would like to play it save and not have opposit sex friends.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 11:38:12 AM
There is nothing wrong with having mostly male friends if in fact it is not simply a manifestation of b*i*t*c*h*d*o*m.

Whores charge money or require other material compenstation for sexual favors. Impropriety is something all together different for every generation.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/1/2006 5:37:30 PM
I have always had a lot more male friends. Even when I was growing up. For whatever reason I seem to get along better with men than I do women.
Posted: 7/4/2006 9:22:21 AM
This is a little off the main subject, but I wanted to respond to wings - every last ex I have ever had has become one of my best friends. If your relationship had a basis in friendship in the first place, why kill off the friendship because the romance has failed? Who knows you better than someone you have been intimate with?

Most of my friends are male because the male of the species doesn't disrespect my confidence by spilling my secrets to anyone who will listen the second I am out the door. I find that most women simply cannot keep a confidence. They have to tell someone - anyone. And women are much more callous and vindictive then men. I really learned that lesson big when I worked in divorce law.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it ok to have male friends?