Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > back in the ol' pond...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 1
back in the ol' pond...Page 1 of 1    
it was a nine-day whirlwind.

i know...nine days doesn't seem like much, and I'm jaded when it comes to things like this, but it happened to me. we met up on a Saturday, spent the weekend together, a few days during the week, and the entirety of the next weekend.

the chemistry was there from the beginning. we'd bumped into each other a few times at a few get-together s, and we both knew there was something there. she was my first new-years kiss of '06, in fact...we both came back for seconds throughout the night.

we talked about everything, but never ran out of things to say. we walked, drove, swam, had amazing sex, and then talked some more.

the bad part was that we hit an impasse. see, i have a daughter and i don't want any more children. she has no kids but wants children in the future. it's just not something we can compromise on. it's not like a few years down the road we can have a child on odd-numbered days, and be child-free on evens.

so...last night i broke it off. she was seconds away from doing the same. now i'm trying to think of anything that would make it work. of course, there's nothing.

guess that means i'm back in the puddle of fish...don't get me wrong, i love dating...i just wish it had worked out somehow.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 2
back in the ol' pond...
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:22:37 AM
oh...it's definite...on both sides.

it's unfortunate...and we both know it's over...but that doesn't stop us from wishing it wasn't.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 3
back in the ol' pond...
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:31:12 AM
i'm not big on having any more kids because:

~ i still want to travel. that's hard with a small child.
~ i really don't want to go through months of sleeplessness again.
~ two words. dirty diapers.
~ i'm just one of those people who doesn't like kids. don't get me wrong, my daughter's an angel...and i'm off to see her on my lunchbreak.
~ i don't want to be a part-time papa to two kids. in my experience, relationships fall apart quicker when you involve a child. i don't know one single couple with kids over 5 years old who've managed to stay together.

yeah...not terribly romantic...but darned good reasons for a vasectomy if you ask me.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 4
back in the ol' pond...
Posted: 1/18/2006 1:54:51 PM
thanks for the compliments...i should put up a new pic soon...the hair is growing back, and i'm almost back to the "cuffs" look in my other pic.

anyway...yeah...we're staying friends, and that's the way i want it.

it was short, so with any luck, it'll be a short recovery time.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > back in the ol' pond...