Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why is a great person like you single?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 4
Why is a great person like you single?Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
sport guy You figured this out in ONE DAY? Amazing! Maybe the ego check is a reality check. Same thing? Look you're young, and while we're all for making things happen, sometimes patience pays off.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 12
Why is a great person like you single?
Posted: 1/18/2006 1:27:37 PM
I just always wonder when being alone became a bad thing??? I love the times I am single.. and I love when I am with someone... both have something offer...
 Ldygmr
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/18/2006 1:33:55 PM
Creative reasons why I am still single.....

1)Because I haven't found anyone to stuff undead midget monkey corpses full of apples and onions with me in the moonlight.

2) The voices hated my ex. And the voices are always right.

3) I'm NOT single. I just got tired of waiting in line for time with my Mormon husband.

4) Well actually, you are one lucky guy! I just completed the last operation in my gender reassignment!

5) Ninjas. The ancient blood feud of my family caused ninjas to target any possible love interests. Would you like to go out?

6) My boyfriend and I had a run in with pygmy cannibals on our vacation in Arkansas. I made it out alive, he was the soup du jour.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/18/2006 1:35:47 PM
OMG.... love it^^^ Gender reassignment.... need to use that one...
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 4:46:05 PM
Cause I'm sexy like that

That's very good!!!

Right after
you'll see
That's going to be my new answer!!! Thanks...

JJ

SexyandBrainy
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:16:16 PM
Q: Why is a great person like you single?

A: Why aren't you interesting?
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:17:28 PM

I think the reason people are single is because they ignored what their last partner told them they were doing wrong.

I think my ex is figuring it out one by one...I wonder if he'll get it ALL right before he dies!?!?!?

JJ

Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:08:43 PM

He has as good a chance of getting it right next time as you do; as we all do.

Considering how long it takes him to figure things out...I don't think so!!!!

Besides...that was SUPPOSED to be funny!!!!

JJ

boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:46:18 PM
im still single simply because the vast majority of women ive met have only
had a relationship experience with alcoholics/druggies and dont know how to
have a gig with any other but these losers....
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/19/2006 11:50:30 PM
Well I caught me a good one once, but she chewed her leg off to get away....
 ponygrl™
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/14/2007 5:22:53 PM
hmmm, why is a great person like you single?

1 - i enjoy being single, it keeps me out of trouble.

2 - i just haven't been in much of a mood to date.

3 - i just haven't found anyone interesting yet.

4 - i haven't found anyone that's interested in me yet.

5 - there are just too many rude people out there i'm being careful with who i choose.
 DAVE632
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2007 9:07:30 PM
Lemmie see ...

Reason # 1. She died.

Since then ...

I'm picky.

I enjoyed the intimacy too much to just get off on sport fu¢king now. Jumping into the sack just to have sex would cheapen what I hope one day to have again with a woman I feel is THAT special to me. Dumb? Maybe. Not for me. I don't think it will be for her either when we finally meet.

Almost everybody I've met since has lied (some WHOPPERS but the most common? Saying they were born one or two DECADES before their D/L indicates) or they've been divorcees terrified of making another mistake so if they detect a guy actually LIKES them, they run like he's Jack the Ripper.

Their loss but it doesn't do me any good either.
 MDNinja
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/14/2007 10:52:46 PM
No one is an island... just cause you aren't dating someone or anyonre, doesn't mean you are single. Everyone has friends and family, no one is single.
 genuineman04
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/15/2007 9:37:58 AM
because I only seem to meet psychos
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2007 9:55:27 AM
Well, isn't obvious, the single women don't find me that great. Besides, I don't play the game like other people do, so I am not seen. That is fine by me, just means I have no one else to thank but myself for my accomplishments and the riches that comes with it.
 ladyc4
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/15/2007 10:05:43 AM
"Because every time I meet a really great guy who "gets" me, he gets beamed back to the Mother Ship. Dude, look out for that tractor beam!"
Cindy O
 spitfire6844
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 12:58:39 AM
LOL at anyone not getting that it's a rhetorical question. It's a conversational filler, just like "How are you doing?" at the beginning of conversations. Either give a quick, standard answer or just ignore it altogether. No one (except a lunatic) expects you to give some deep self-analysis on all the reasons you're single.
 Billfishin2
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/20/2008 11:05:25 AM
Hey Ldygmr, quit telling about the pygmy cannibals here in Arkansas, you are gonna scare off the tourists!!
 casunshine_88
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/1/2008 9:33:34 PM
Sierrasman - GREAT Answer going to use it next 100 times I get asked that same exact question .
 mthomjmark
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/2/2008 10:08:21 AM

I get tired of being asked this question. If I had 10 bucks for every time I have been asked it, I'd be a rich woman. I'm single because I am. It's not a life style choice. Just the way it is right now. I'm running out of creative answers to this question. Any one care to help?

I hate this; I get emails, why are you single? I then write back,"why are you?". They then always say, "I guess thats a dumb question."
 Libby68
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/2/2008 10:29:12 AM

Wouldn't it be a lot worse if they said - "wow, I see why you're still single!"
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/2/2008 12:09:48 PM
Sabrosura, I so agree with you! Being single has never been as big as an issue for me as it has been to those around me who have thought I should have been 'snatched up long ago'.

I raised my daughter, put myself through college twice, kept my daughter in sports, and worked my darn tail off. I had time for a long term relationship in the midst of all that, too.

I lead a busy life and I am content in my own skin. My friends, my job which is incredibly fulfilling, my family, and my interests have me leading a good life. I have never been in any rush to jump into a relationship just for the sake of not having to say I am single.

There is nothing negative about being single, whatsoever...be happy and live life to its fullest and what is meant to be will happen. In the meantime, love yourself and the life you have....and ignore the negativity from others.

When I get asked that question, I usually respond with another question: What's wrong with being single?
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:02:50 PM
Maybe the answer is "because I get grumpy with people even when they are clearly trying to compliment me."
 Hawk8414
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:30:42 PM
Most people that I know ask me this same question over and over again. I have come to see this as an insult because they think something is wrong with me. Around here where I live, people put great emphasis on being married or in a relationship. I think it's stereotypical of married couples to put that kind of pressure on someone such as myself. It's almost like they are bound and determined to get you attached so they do not feel threatened by their own insecurity in any way. It makes me feel like they are trying to say to me,"Well, there must be something wrong with you."
Usually I tell people like this, "I'm single because I just will not settle for anything less than what I consider to be Mr.Right."
 curlygrl
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:41:48 PM
I ask myself this question all the time.
I have narrowed it down to two things:

1. I always choose the butthole
2. the butthole always chooses me.

Okay thats my theory- others theories that others see is my problem:

1. They have no freaking clue.

Its interesting as I scope out some profiles when Im bored I wonder
the same thing- why are they here, they have tons to offer.
They seem like a very good person. I think it comes down to that our
timing is off- we are just not in the right place at the right time or in the
right place, but its the wrong time.

Hope springs eternal and I feel eventually we will all meet what is right
for us- in due time.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why is a great person like you single?