Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How would you define 'voluptuous/curvy' ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 maligab
Msg: 5
How would you define 'voluptuous/curvy' ?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hun take it from me...you look absolutely stunning, your a beautiful lady with a stunning figure.
 maligab
Msg: 6
How would you define 'voluptuous/curvy' ?
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:23:18 AM
I'm with paige...20lbs and anorexia, BTW paige nice tatt
 XbridgesbuiltX
Msg: 11
How would you define 'volupteus/curvy' ?
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:15:38 AM
1. sensual: sensual in appearance, or providing sensual pleasure

2. indulgent: inclined or devoted to a life of sensual pleasure

My take? They liked your breasts and couldn't outright say it...for fear of rejection....let's face it, we get 'killed for staring' but your pic leaves no option.

It wasn't derogatory...they were just angling to grab your attention and separate themselves from the pack, plain and simple.

You need to spell the word properly, unless you learned that version from your admirer...lol
 RSwindol
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:56:36 AM
Valumptuous and curvy do not mean fat. Anna Nicole smith is both of those things and she's not fat...at least not any more. There are a few men out there who like the boney, anorexic look, but most prefer something more soft to squeeze. To accomplish this, a woman has to have at least a few pounds of fat. A woman should have, in my opinion, something between 7 and 14 percent of body fat. And hey, what is a boob but a lump of fat with a nipple?
 RSwindol
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2006 5:03:56 AM
Just one last point, if I may. There are a lot of girls on this site who are large. If there are any of them who are half as sensitive as yourself (and there probably are), how do you think they will feel after reading a post where someone of proper size, like yourself, is having such a complex not wanting to be considered overweight. I think they would probably feel like crap.

Instead of fishing for compliments, try thinking of other people's feelings.
 maligab
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:16:12 PM
imcookin...I dont think your olsen twin material at all, you also are in smokin shape isnt this bannana great...c'mon he's great right,
 maligab
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:22:21 PM
SMMOOOOOCH, smooooch...kiss kiss smoooch...ohhhhhh, sorry thought everyone had left
 tjrogelio
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:57:27 PM
This is a word I like: zaftig. It means having a shapely figure; full-bosomed. It comes from a yiddish word derived from the German word meaning 'juicy'. It is definitely meant as a compliment.
 curious chaos
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2006 3:56:14 AM
Woohoo go Indigo!!How do I define it?Well CURVY!Our excess weight some how was strategicly placed in all the right places.Believe me Torentrap you are far from fat,I have been on both ends of the spectrum,stick thin(so long ago hard to recall) and (ughhh )sadly over weight.Thankfuly now I am Voluptuous ,,Voluptuous YEAHHHH Besides the word even sounds sexy ,yes?
 astrosky
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:38:48 AM
As Tony Curtis said in "Some Like it Hot" when admiring Marilyn Monroe's departure -

Looks like jello on springs!

Voluptuous = having curves in ALL the right places!
 brawnydog
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/16/2006 6:45:12 AM

Men, as a whole, prefer curves as opposed to stick figures.

Bingo........

I agree. She just has big tits. She ain't fat. She's hot.
Dangerous curves as a matter of fact.

volumtuous = lady_bugg65 ...her profile pics are too conservative
for anyone to have guessed....but, believe me...
I want stuff to shake and move when a woman dances for me.
...makes for better cuddling too....(god...did I say the c word? yikes!)

moo
 2findU
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2006 3:20:58 PM
A nice way of saying fat? Not if your 300 lbs. (although for some men that is voluptuous/curvy) Voluptuous/curvy is sexy to me. A woman that has a little padding on her and is thinner at the waist than her hips and chest.
 brawnydog
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:28:25 PM
Ya still got nice tits though.

mooluptuous
 GoldenTiger
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/27/2006 9:03:31 AM
Torentrap don't worry about your weight you look just fine !!!

imcookin needs to shove it

unfoutunately thought for ME...anytime i've met someone who has described themselves as voluptuous/curvy they have turned out to be REALLLLLLYYYYYY big...but the one you REALLY have to becareful of *if you don't like big women* is RUBENESQUE.......rubenesque ALWAYS = very large woman....again in my experience...not that i have any problem with larger women but there's a diff between a few extra pounds and OBESE...i agree with the other posters though curves are sexyyyyy ! sleeping with a stick thin girl is like sleeping with a bag of butterknives all pokey...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How would you define 'voluptuous/curvy' ?