Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow Fishies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spanky_69
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow FishiesPage 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Ok, weight loss is an extremely hard thing to accomplish for a lot of us, right?
So, I thought that I'd start a "weight loss" thread to start kind of as a support group for the fishies that are wanting, and trying, to loose the extra poundage.

Here's my story. When I was married, I weighed (this is my biggest) approximately 255lbs (pretty big for someone who's 5'5"). Through the year and a bit that I have been single once again, I have lost a total of 50lbs, to date.

My goal, another 50-55lbs (so I'm about halfway to my end result).

Anyone else in the same boat as me. Journal your progress (or not so good progress) here, and if you feel like your falling, there will be others to give support. If you have any tips, or would like to trade secrets on positive and healthy ways of loosing weight, do it here as well.

I dunno, just a thought.

Let the loss....begin!!

Spanks
xo
 d-belle
Msg: 2
Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow Fishies
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:40:21 AM
Definately in the boat with you my friend. I was always pretty average size until I had my first baby and quit smoking....put on about 30 lbs. Then I had another baby! I have not been able to change my weight (within 5 lbs) since then, almost 5 years ago!!! I'm 35 pounds more than I was before I had my first baby. It's frustrating, I go to the gym to work out, eat pretty well......although, I must admit that not all the time is that the case. I don't want to be at the mercy of my size.
 Spanky_69
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:44:58 AM
Question is, DB, how many pounds do you want to loose from today??

Spanks
xo
 d-belle
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:57:19 AM
How many pounds? Well, pounds are relative as muscle weighs more than fat....but I want to be a size 9 by the summer.

GFTS - you volunteering your services?
 Mae B
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/21/2006 8:59:05 AM

i hear you cage!
i carry my weight in my legs and butt too.... i don't even have much of a belly! just monster ass and thighs. OH and of course the HUGE boobs....surprise surprise my nickname in HS was barbell.
So the doctor says get alot of areobic exercise in, and the muscle will burn the fat off. He suggests treadmill/walking, stairclimbing/stepper, or one of those eliptical trainers... after all your biggest muscles are in your thighs and butt right? Use your enemy parts against them selves!
OK
But what about the forest fires?
Forest fires? he says
Yeah from the friction of my thighs rubbing together......lol

My fat story

I have always been bigger. Always.
My grade was an abnormal sector of really tall and big kids for some reason, compared to other kids our age we were all oversized in one way or another. So i was placated from the start.
I was chunky i'd say in HS....but had the whole ultra thick sex fiend thing going on (mae west was my idol).. even though I was scared to death of anyone seeing me actually naked (virgin til a month before my 19th bday)

Went off to college at 220lbs... I blame Depo as well for the weight gain! I had been seeing my now hubby for a couple of months before I went and between him coming down and taking me to dinner and my cafeteria meal plan swipe card... i got the freshman 40.. never mind the freshman 15.

Left college because my father had been diagnosed with inoperable prostate cancer and they gave him less than a year. Took a shitty job at a Wendys (fastfood didn't help my situation) so i wouldn't be a burden financially being home...and worked my way up through the ranks til i was manager.. with free meals.
Dad didn't end up being as sick as they had first thought and made it another 6 years.

I was pregnant with my first by now and stacked up to 260 when it was all done.. not bad.. still with the weight from college and a new baby that would not frikin sleep! all i did was sleep and eat.
I hovered around 250-275 depending on the seasons and the home situation, had 2 miscarriages, kept me at the high end for a while.
then finally a daughter, then a surprise last minute sperm infiltration, and another daughter (13 months apart) has brought me to where I am now.

I need to lose about 100 pounds i'd say, to be whats considered normal size.
But i'd be happy hovering around 200 lbs, because thats what i look good at with my frame and build.
I've never understood the numbers associated with weight, if I told you I weighed 300 pounds, theres a certian picture that people have in their minds of what thats supposed to look like.. and thats not what i look like.
I have just started to seriously walk.. with out the kids to slow me down, although pushing 50+ pounds of kids in a stroller has its benefits.. i need to get going faster.
Start some forest fires. Lose some weight.

jayman905
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:07:10 AM
SnS, we all have our different and individual ways of accomplishing what you want to do here. Since you are asking for "tops for what I can do to get started", then I can share with you what works for me...

I begin by eliiminating junk foods & alcohol, and cutting down on soft-drinks, sweets and high-carbohydrate snacks. I make a sincere effort to replace alcholic beverages with juice and bottled water... replace junk food with fruits and veggies, and I make the conscious decision to eat only out of hunger (and not boredom).

When I couple this with my normal habits of running and weights (the natural by-products of being a former trainer), the results become dramatically better. Rest assured I sometimes 'cheat' on the above rules. But a small amount of cheating while sticking to the plan is better than no plan at all.

Good luck my friend. If you need any further help, feel free to contact me for tips anytime
 Mae B
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:14:46 AM

I begin by eliiminating junk foods & alcohol, and cutting down on soft-drinks, sweets and high-carbohydrate snacks. I make a sincere effort to replace alcholic beverages with juice and bottled water... replace junk food with fruits and veggies, and I make the conscious decision to eat only out of hunger (and not boredom).

I agree.. but i'm already there. My son almost has a seizure of joy if he's allowed to have a pop. I don't keep it in the house. No chips, no candy no nothing... or i would be stuffing my face nonstop.
I think i need to enforce the rules more.
I drink a 32 ounce cup of water, sometimes 2 before very meal, because i need to feel full or i won't stop eating.
I don't eat after 7pm
No pop, no candy... i'm bad for breathmints and gum though....
I just need to get up and out!
stop grazing the kids leftovers
Slap my mother for the "wasted food" phobia i have
Damn the starving children in whatever country!
 Patch364
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/21/2006 12:23:26 PM
Alright, i have always been chubbier. Never been skinny and I have no idea what i'd look like if I were to lose the weight. I'm chubby from top to bottom, from my chubby toes to my chubby cheeks. My friends tell me that i'm very portioned and my weight looks good on me but I would LOVE to lose atleast 30 pounds. I wanna know what it feels like to have a pretty belly button and to have only one chin. I have the chubbiest belly (which at times I myself find to be cute lol) but I really would like to know what it feels like to not have to pull my shirt out of my rolls everytime I sit down and to not be afraid that my belly is gonna hang out when i'm wrestling with someone. Also, how come everytime time ya sit down and then you stand up you have to unroll the waist of your pants back up? lol Pain in the @ss I tell ya lol
I'm thinking of going to curves with some of my girlfriends around here to attempt to lose some weight. I have been the same weight for the past 10 YEARS!!! My eatings habits have never changed. I don't usually eat breakfast, sometimes i'll eat lunch but it all depends on what i'm doing. I'm not a snacker, but I have a BIG supper. I find that I feel sick if I eat breakfast some mornings and well lunch, i'll just eat it if i'm hungry. My eating habits are horrible. I seem to live on coffee all day. I'm not a fan of sweets but I love greasy foods. My weight hasn't changed but i'm guessing my arteries are quite clogged lol
 d-belle
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/21/2006 1:36:20 PM
For me, I think the most surprising fact I have learned is that if you starve your body, it will store ALL your calories and make fat stores of them....ie: don't eat and get fat! That is my main problem. I don't eat enough calories a day, or at least, I wasn't eating enough a day. I've been trying to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks every day (healthy of course) and I drink a TON of water. At work, I have about 30 cups of it in 8 hours! I have been eating plain oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch with lots of protein in it, but few calories (light dressing) and for dinner, I have a fairly balanced meal, with few carbs. Snacks are fruit or protein (nuts are great). I still remain the same size, but I eat whatever I want on weekends usually, which is when I basically starve myself :( Not good.....I really need to regulate my habits for every day, not just 5 of 7. And, I need to get more cardio in......more sex would be great!

I guess after all this, I realize it's not working. Have you seen the website fitday? It's good if you can do the diary thing....I can't.
 Carri3
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/21/2006 2:31:02 PM
Ladies!! Three words to guarantee weight loss!

SEXERCISE!
SEXERCISE!
SEXERCISE!
 Carri3
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/21/2006 3:21:09 PM
Noooo not cyber! The real deal! lol

I dont think sucking on a microphone or wrapping your legs around the monitor or sticking 'it' into slot A and going for the hard drive is going to burn any calories or fat.
 Carri3
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/21/2006 3:36:12 PM
change your approach out here lol.. "sexercise partner needed, apply within" lmao.. oh god could you imagine!

Anyways.. back to the thread lol.. (sowwy)

I think if you can cut back fried foods, fast foods, cut your treats in half, and became more active, then you will probably notice a difference.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2006 5:28:13 PM
to spanky and the rest of you who are working on loosing weight all the best to you!

Carrie: great advice sexercise

Now for all that know me and what you see in my profile Im a skinny small guy and I need to gain weight. I was in hospiral last summer and lost some weight there and have put some back on. Any idea for me to put on some pounds? lol I'd like to gain maybe 5-10!
 d-belle
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:13:41 PM
Jay, not really the best place to ask that... but I have a friend with the same problem...eat lots of healthy carbs and protein shakes to boost your calorie intake.
 NoahCoast2Coast
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/21/2006 10:03:06 PM
I weigh 205 and I am 6"2

I'm going to the gym on the aerobic bike and weights three times a week now

Good luck xo
 NoahCoast2Coast
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/21/2006 10:05:12 PM
I'm drinking lots of water too these days, about 2L daily
 SweetRed
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:32:36 PM
Just a question - would anyone consider a diet in which you would lose 10-17 lbs. per week? A friend of mine told me about a diet that hospitals put overweight patients on before they can have their heart surgery. It apparently cleanses your system as well....my friend lost 3 lbs. the first day.
As for myself, I could probably stand to lose 30 lbs. I have been a "pleasingly plump" woman (God bless the man who described me that way!) most of my life and do carry my weight well but getting tired of the extra 2" of insulation all around lol. Exercise does do me some good, it's just getting my ass motivated!
 le poutine dude
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/22/2006 7:28:21 PM
Spanks just get on the *hollywood*...just that shechyness will become the problem....lmfao
 Spanky_69
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2006 10:07:00 AM
LPD...hmm..the "Hollywood" diet eh...
Let me think about that one...Nah!! Not into that!! LMAO!!

Spanks
xo
 SweetRed
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/23/2006 2:19:51 PM
Northy2 - I wouldn't go on the diet myself....10-17 lb loss is too quick for one week.
 SweetRed
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/23/2006 2:21:58 PM
Yes all is good - it's tomato based I think, some carrots, and Liption Chicken Noodle Soup mix - the friend that is on the diet has lost 9 lbs so far, but is totally sick of the soup. I'm ok with the way I am, would rather exercise and eat right though I think.
 Spanky_69
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2006 2:34:17 PM
taw..thank you so much ma-che-fai-tu on the comps and the tips. It's not every day that I get "you look great already" but it sure is nice to hear. So cheers to you, my friend.

When I first started my weight-loss battle a year ago November (a month after my separation) I cut out ALL soft drinks (pop, high sugar juices, etc) and stuck with more water than what I was used to (which was none..lol). So in the first month alone I lost 10 pounds on doing that. So I know what you mean now.

I am at, unfortunately, a plateau in my weight loss, so it's time to kick my butt into gear, start the Pilloties, and start sweating it out. Heck, dancing is great, and I'm doing a lot of that lately weather it be at the bar or at home alone.

Thanks again!!

Spanks
xo
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2006 2:36:39 PM
to db and northy: thanks for the suggestions and I have had dieticians reccommend the same thing to me with the shakes and all. I eat well for a small guy a lot of people wonder where i put it all I eat healthy too I love fruit, vegetables and all. I will look into the shakes and I guess i could have those as like a snack in between meals i guess. Before i do that I will check with my doc to make sure I can have the shakes.

For now going to go gain a bit of weight by having some spaghetti for dinner lol
 SweetRed
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:20:05 PM
Nope, not for me - retain enough water as it is....lol
I did a few things for myself, I quit drinking Diet Coke, carbonation makes you bloated along with the sodium (funny thing, headaches and stomach pain disappeared too), started eating canteloupe and honeydew melon, sweet but good, and have lost a few pounds. But would like to know of a good place to start - Curves? Mademoiselle? Don't want to pay high prices for a membership...
 Xx_Sweetums_xX
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:20:37 PM
Sign me up .....I want to lose atleast 50lbs....I am now 32 and having a very hard time losing the weight and keeping it off...I lose a few pounds then put it all back on again!! It is starting to depress me and I want to be thin again....so whatever anyone can suggest would be great...I am open to suggestions just wanna get rid of the extra weight so that I can feel good about me again!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow Fishies