Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you ever date your best friends sister or brother?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Movie_guy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Would you ever date your best friends sister or brother?Page 1 of 1    
I have 5 sisters, and often times I would become friendly with the guys they date. I was always prepared to stop being friends with their boyfriends if they broke up. There were cases where I've had a sister tell me that I could remain friends regardless that she had just broken up. So I took it to heart and remain friends but while she was getting over her 'ex', I never invited him to our house because I didn't want to make my sister uncomfortable. Alot of time passed (and she had a new boyfriend) before I invited him over for family parties.

I feel that if you're going date or remain friends with a sibling's lover/friend you should get their permission first and respect whatever decision they have.

In your case you should've asked your brother instead of your brother's best friend, because family comes first. If your brother would said yes, who knows what might've happened. This best friend might've had less concerns about his friendship with your brother knowing that he approved of you dating his best friend.
 dud
Msg: 13
Would you ever date your best friends sister or brother?
Posted: 1/28/2006 9:05:41 PM
ummm maybe sister, but not brother lol
 MauiKeith
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Would you ever date your best friends sister or brother?
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:20:43 AM
Sort ofthe other way around:

When I was in high school there was a girl I wanted to go out with but I didn't know how to approach her. I played guitar and her brother played bass, so I befriended him a rouse to get to know his sister.

It worked!

I guess KZ would have to say "yes" to this one, wouldn't she?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you ever date your best friends sister or brother?