Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > dating choices kids? no kids?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Thisisme_
Msg: 2
view profile
History
dating choices kids? no kids?Page 1 of 1    
I have a preference for someone who has children. Not so much because they have a better understanding but because I can't see compatibility with someone who has chosen not to have children.....assuming it was their choice.

In addition to my own children, I have more than 30 nieces and nephews. If the person isn't comfortable around children then I can't see it working.
He'd go crazy at family bbq's!

Not a strict rule of course but yes I'd prefer a man who has children of his own.
 2EachHisOwn
Msg: 3
dating choices kids? no kids?
Posted: 10/30/2008 10:25:07 PM
By all means....NO KIDS!!!!!
 lucilico
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/31/2008 7:12:27 PM
Since I separated from my kid's dad 8 years ago, I have yet to date a man who has kids. It wasn't my choice, I just met guys who happened to have no kids. What I would really like is to find a single dad with kids, even with sole custody of his kids, just becuase it would mean that he is a great father. I admire that in a man.
 lucilico
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/8/2008 10:13:10 PM
What I meant is that I would prefer to date a man who's kids are in his life rather than a dead beat dad who doesn't pay child support or won't take responsibility for them. What are the odds that single dads are like freakin' Kevin Fedderline ?????
 Dreaming-cynic
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:06:10 PM
I would say Im open minded to both of these, yes children can impact you a certain way but also there is also other benefits of dating someone without kids!
 dbmf250
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 10:41:14 AM
Being that I am a single dad with two kids ... do not really want any more kids of my own at my age but am very open to meeting someone with kids and becoming a part of their life ... What would be the proper answer to place in your profile?

If have seen some say that if they see "want kids" in the profile that they immediatly move to the next profile and I have seen some say that if they see "do not want kids" that they do the same although they state that they would like to meet someone with kids.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > dating choices kids? no kids?