Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lavender candle
Msg: 1
view profile
History
why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
ok guys lets here it. why is it ok for guys to have gotten laid alot in the past by different women, but if we say we had some past lovers you think we are sluts., and not worthy for a relationship? dont ask me about how many. The numbers should not matter. go for it...
 leeroybrowwn
Msg: 2
why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:42:04 PM
i love wemen that have slept with lots of guys what are u talking about! their my kinda ladies!
 real12luv
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:02:30 PM
I dont see the difference. Were all just a bunch of animals. I think its just some sort of mental inadequacy on mens part. Thats just me though.
 r1chguy
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:05:26 PM
I remember when I was a kid there was a belief that the more sex a women has the bigger their 'hole' got, hence the term 'loose'.

The truth, which most men will not admit, is that they are insecure about being comparerd to others and having you think they are a bad lover. And, of course, the more partners you have had, the more you are likely to compare them to.

And that's the truth!
 Munch
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:08:58 PM
Must be because she was dumb enough to tell the truth. As a matter of fact, thats one of those...She should keep her mouth shut... times.
 4everDreaming
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:17:52 PM

Must be because she was dumb enough to tell the truth. As a matter of fact, thats one of those...She should keep her mouth shut... times.

Well I say you should not ask questions that you really dont want answers to lol And it has always been the woman is a slut and the man is a stud, but if you sleep with someone you would label a slut what does that make you? lol Teenagers are the best, we had this one at work and he was talking about the dirty girls who would suck****a lunch just to smoke a spliff with the guys or whatever, going on about how slutty they were and I asked him if she is so dirty and slutty, what does that mean you are for doing anything with her? Better yet if she is doing that for you who else was she doing it for? personally that makes you just as disgusting as you just described her. He never did bring it up again, but it shows you the mentality.
 milkman2006
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:36:29 PM
I have another view. I like women who have alot of experience. If you do not want to know. Then do NOT ask the past of How many lovers a person has had. I find the more women has had the more experience she can use on you. Thus, from my experience you have a better lover. It goes both ways amoung the sexes. I have been called slut and had my past thrown in my face many times. By mostly insecure lovers. So i think there is change in the air. It all depends on your maturity. If they call you a slut move on. I guess that makes a slut to?
 nipoleon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:50:40 PM
I Q:

Let this be a good standard by which you determine the character of a potental boyfriend. Any man who judges you by the number of your past lovers, or actually is even courious about it should be dismissed. That man is obviously far too shallow to be of much true character.
It matters little to me if a womans done it with none, or the whole US Navy. If I like her I like her none the less. Besides I always approcher her with the perspective that I'm going to be her best no matter how many she's had.
 i_are_nad
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:55:33 PM
because some men/boys are intimidated by that
they want to feel like they are the bestest thing ever!
But i don't have to worry because i know i am!
 silvertree
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:09:34 AM
Remember the old saying, "Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies"?

Why care? Don't pry. Enjoy the person you are with now. Whatever they did in the past is what made them who they are today. When they are ready, they will tell you some stories. When they do, do not judge them, but just take it as data points, needed to understand who they are now. It doesn't change who they are, but rather, explains how they got there.

People do things, they learn and grow.

Silver
 alpha_female
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:40:41 AM
It's the typical double standard bull crap that we have been subjected to for many centuries. I think that the number of lovers that a WOMAN has is of no import...it has a lot to do with whether she is mature enough to take care of herself ( health, mental and emotional well being ) in handling a different lover each time. Numbers are just numbers...but the QUALITY of the sexual relationship is of the utmost importance!
 tobelustedbyu
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:00:07 AM
What total bullcrap, seriouslly, Insecurities ?? what da hell u talking about, you on crack or something ppl ? Here are the REAL reasons honestly.

typical reasons:
-sex wif alot of ppl makes em loose, seriously.
-they are sluts.
-they r just good for sex but not a relationship.

real reasons:

- the tought of running into one of her ex's who she slept with drives you nuts, and not because u idiots think that we are thinking (oh is his c*ck bigger than mine, was he a better lover etc) non of that bullshit but simply because when u fall in love with a girl, when you truely fall in love with a girl, you want to know she is yours, every part of her is also part of you, she is a secret from the outside world, wat you have seen no ohter person has what you have touched no other person has and what u feel for her is truely and simply nothing but pure love.

When im wif a virgin there is potential for love and marriage,
when im wif a slut its just sex and fun games.
 BillinAH
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:04:43 AM
first of all
Tobel
still don't get that name of yours
DON'T TALK ABOUT INSECURITIES
when you don't POST a PICTURE!!!!!

post a picture of the young stud that you are
and then go off....

dumb A$$
 BillinAH
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:06:27 AM
WIF?????

what the hell
don't post a picture

you are a freak!!!!

crawl back under the rock
from WIF you came...
 tobelustedbyu
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:09:18 AM
billinAH

umm yes and posting a picture of myself will prove what exactly ?if u need to know why i dontpost a picture detective its coz i dont want anyone ive been with to accidently see this post and coz a shit storm genius!

Dude i dont blame u for being mad, at ur age the mentality has been changed completly, ur just happy to get what u can get
 tobelustedbyu
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:11:16 AM
lol idiot, wif = with
 BillinAH
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:29:57 AM
dude

it's clear

you've only been
WIF yourself....
 BillinAH
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:31:51 AM
at least you spelled
IDIOT correct

go figure...

australia has schools right????
you should visit one
 tobelustedbyu
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:35:37 AM
mate seriously if u got nothing to say dont waste space and detour of the topic, go and get a prostate exam or somthing.

geeze some ppl
 BillinAH
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:38:53 AM
mate

do yourself a favor
stay down under
where you belong
 catrianne
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:45:33 AM
I actually have some first hand experience with this. My ex of 5 years had a horrible time dealing with my "number". Here's the hilarious part: He had been with the same number if not more, but for some reason the first year of relationship was spent trying to smoothe it over. I would definitely say it's a double standard, and maybe, just maybe men are more insecure than women in this sense. That would be ironic. We are the insecure ones, right?
 Steve_N
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:54:46 AM
if a woman has has a lot of partners it doesn't follow that she's a slut.

If she's not been particular about who those partners are then she is a slut.

A simple test is to ask her to jump off a chair to the ground. If her undercarriage makes a loud whistling sound then stear clear.
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/31/2006 5:39:52 AM
The numbers should not matter. go for it...

Just a few comments...

1) Who are you to say that the numbers should matter or not? If they don't matter for you, great. If they do matter for somebody else, great, too.

2) About that "stud and slut" thing. Most women here say that they don't date players, or that knowing he likes bed-hopping is a real turnoff. Why are women so judgemental?

3) I never heard a player saying "women who won't date me because I slept with 40 women last month are insecure/immature/not real women".

4) Most women say they don't want to be "another notch in his belt". Guess what? Men don't, either.

5) Yes, I know it is great to spend your youth partying and then say "the past is not important", but real life is not like that. Actions have consequences.

6) Paraphrasing a well-known saying, why to buy the cow, if everybody else already drank all her milk for free?

So, the thing is: If you don't care, it's your business. If somebody else cares, it's his business.

But to try to shame others into thinking like you (he's immature, he's shallow, etc.) only shows that you are so insecure about your choice that you have to seek for assurance in numbers.

lakelandsm
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/31/2006 5:49:04 AM
I personally dont care about the number..Hell I dont even ask!!!!!!!!!
 mr playful
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:07:43 AM
did you cheat,

that I have a problem with, the numbers game I do not play, do not care... more interested in how we are working together than anything else
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?