Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Guys that cry.....Good or bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 passionteman
Msg: 2
Guys that cry.....Good or bad?Page 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Crying isn't something that you control or anything. Some are emotional and would cry at a movie while others in different situations. I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. It shows that you have got a gentle heart.
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 3
Guys that cry.....Good or bad?
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:15:06 AM
I would not want a guy that cried about everything, but if from time to time he did I wouldnt care. Everyone needs a good cry from time to time.
 snowbird1111
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:00:00 AM
I cry every week watching Extreme home makeover... you need a box of kleenex to watch that show

and the guys on the show tear up pretty good each week too
 Thudpucker
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:03:07 AM
I think Men should not cry except under extreme circumstances. It is inherently a bad thing.

Women have tried to do a wonderful job in teaching Men how to be Women, but nature is not cooperating too well.

Everyone (Men and Women) needs to accept the fact that aside from the obvious physical differences, men and women are acculturated and socialized differently, and that process has been going on since the dawn of humankind, and that it is not likely to change significantly.

There is absolutely nothing wrong if a man believes he should not cry; there is nothing wrong if a woman believes she should.

Humankind needs to know, understand, and accept that two genders exist within the biological species.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:11:54 AM
^^^Excellent Post Thudpucker!

I see crying as productive with grief, but more often than not counterproductive otherwise. OP I don't see anything unreasonable with your crying on occasion. I do however see emasculation in any man's alacrity for crying.
 c1ownfish
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:14:31 AM
Nothing wrong with that, it just shows he is human too....
 ab_qt
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:25:07 AM
I broke up with an ex because he was too damn emotional. I can't take a man that more then me which is never
 Bandito
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/1/2006 10:46:16 AM
Okay, the rumour is true...I cried watching Message in a Bottle

I don't have a problem with crying openly, but I don't seem to be able to do it much either. Funny enough I find movies the easiest thing that can draw tears from me. I cried watching Bridges of Madison County...it was just to painful to watch what they did to pool Clint
 designingwoman
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 10:13:09 PM
I think it's good for a guy to be willing to release emotion through tears. It is healthy and appropriate to cry after a sad movie or the death of a good friend. Bottling up emotions and blowing up later isn't healthy at all. So I'd prefer a guy who cries on occasion when he feels the need to.

But if he is crying all the time it's time for him to get a medical evaluation. He could have a mental illness, and there are treatments for that.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:27:15 PM
Ummm.. well, I think depends.

A guy who cries at a wedding or when a baby is born is not quite as pathetic as a guy who cries when he gets pounded in a fight or if somebody puts him down in public.

Seriously, context matters.
 TallDarkNSweeet
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:29:59 PM

I'm a softy... so I've been told!!!

I was at my sisters wedding and I had tears of joy for her but my date was weirded out!!

Is this something I should feel ashamed of?

TDnSweet
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:09:54 PM
well....this is a touchy subject for me.......

it is a total turn off for me.....if a guy is a whiner......or crys like a baby ....yucky....

now a few little touching tears after a movie that really touches your heart.....and he quickly

wipses them away...and kinda smiles......oh my goodness...I am a GONER....LOL

shows he FEELS things deeply....and that he is sensitive .....but a man that boo hoos.....

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......NO....
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:13:10 PM
oh no..the loss of a loved one?......a man that doesnt show any emotion.....would have me concerned.....crying when you are deeply hurting......is just a normal biological function....and if a man didnt shed a tear or two over his dad.....I would watch him a lot closer.....
 TallDarkNSweeet
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:59:52 PM
No one likes a crybaby... and that goes for both sexes.

I think the average man is expected to be strong... and not cry!!!
I think the average women can cry more often but not too often!!
So there is a healthy balance to it... as crying is a great emotional release.

I've shed tears and generally speaking it's when I'm alone...
I always felt better afterwards... but no alligator tears for this man.

There is also such a thing as tears of joy... a really good thing for those
lucky enough to feel it... like at my sisters wedding... my eyes got wet!!

TDnSweet
 Bandito
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:51:51 PM
I keep a vile of liquid onion juice to rub underneath my eyes for those moments when I should be crying...works like a charm
 sayonara7
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:59:35 PM
I didn't cry at all not even a single drop of a tear while watching million dollar baby, does that make me inhuman?lol...but on a serious note.....crying is good for your eyes, too bad I don't cry at all, atleast not since the last 8 years, the last time I cried I think I was 11 years old...lol.
 sayonara7
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:03:11 PM
Hey, forgot to point out that I am a woman (pic <------)even if this thread is directed towards men crying, I just wrote that because not crying while watching Million Dollar Baby doesn't mean you are inhuman, no offense taken, I just thought that was funny.
 sayonara7
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:52:24 PM
Why should I say sorry?Because I don't follow the usual norm of women being called "cry babies"....well guess what I am not sorry, and I dont know why you'd think that is cute but if it was for me, thanks
 Knute
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:06:24 PM
I recently addressed this with my son a couple of days ago.

Actually today was his 11th birthday. I couldn't be there to celebrate with him, but I did get into a conversation with him about real men.

I believe that a real man can handle anything that comes his way (and knows when he needs help), which includes his emotions, and being able to demonstrate his tenderness, as well as his anger and his joy.

I found out today, that he was upset over the downstairs neighbor being arrested last night.
He didn't know what was going to happen to him, as this man was someone that my son was getting help with some stuff that he was going thru ("feelings stuff" he said).
 Wild Heart
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:44:00 PM
No problem with that, but if he's like crying all the time, well maybe something else is wrong lol. I come from a family where I've seen men cry.

Grandfather - when my grandmother, his true companion died and seeing me in pain.
Father - when the above both died, the both of us sat there bawling like babies. And when we had to say hello and goodbye to each other several times over the years.
Brother - I was invited by him and his wife to see my god-daughter born, when it happened, we all looked at each other and cried.

Of course, I cry alot more than them, I've never seen them crying over a movie or something, but they are not afraid of real life emotions. Of course, everyone has different ways of dealing.
 Gmaverick
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 10:16:57 PM
I cry when I see injustice, things that I can't do anything about it.

Like families being ripped apart for political reasons, or at war like I saw in Serbia, or the dead for starvation on Nigeria while the world was watching of millions, man woman and children.

But; if I see someone abusing someone else, and it is in my hand to DO something about it, you can be sure, there will be someone else crying, instead of me.

And don't care whether someone thinks that's bad, I won't change the way I am because of it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/24/2006 10:56:19 AM
I think it's endearing. In small doses!! I'm not usually a crier and definitely not in front of others. If I have to stock kleenex in my purse for his usage ~ he's got to go!
 Fry Lock
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 11:10:41 AM
If his dog dies or he spills his beer, sure; if we argue, no way; this may WAY limit my choices here, but I am SICK of a sniveling man; none for me thank you; I don't cry unless someone DIES pretty much, and I want a manlier man than I am....and if he's watching girlie movies, he's not my type anyway....last movie I cried at was Hoffa....
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 11:30:49 AM
I'm not afraid of showing my feelings.
I'll let loose a tear or two at a sad movie.

It's the difference between the man comfortable enough to show his emotions, and those who are just... well, overly emotional.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 12:33:50 PM
boy you got that right; snot and funny sounds are SO not attractive; besides, (in reference to a post above) if he's watching Pretty Woman and cries; I'd hate to see what happens when I go at him, cause the guys I like don't watch Pretty Woman....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Guys that cry.....Good or bad?