Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > anti-virus programmes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nghtshft
Msg: 2
anti-virus programmesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Google it and you'll find lots of free ones....if you have AOL, you can get McAfee free through them....
 2findU
Msg: 19
view profile
History
anti-virus programmes
Posted: 2/8/2006 4:41:20 PM
I've been using AVG Free for many years now. Ever since Win 98 on my old PC. I don't understand why you are having trouble getting ot to install. No virus has ever got past it. I've never had a virus "infection". Plus I never open attachments from strangers.
 wb38
Msg: 25
anti-virus programmes
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:54:58 AM
I use Antivir and so far had no problems with it. Had AVG which was easyer to use, but had some viruses that it never detected. With the programs I run, I will never use Norton or Mcaffe again.
 wb38
Msg: 27
anti-virus programmes
Posted: 2/10/2006 11:50:46 AM
Yeah Norton and Mcaffee are definatly system hogs. Along with AOL's junk software! I used to use AVG untill it had a bug in it's update that wasnt compatable with Nero. My system went into a constant 'reboot loop', and never stopped rebooting. They finaly came out with a patch to fix that Nero issue, but I went to antivir before the patch came out, and never went back to AVG. I also got rid of Nero, never used it anyways. Never tryed Panda's software yet.
 afallenhope
Msg: 35
view profile
History
anti-virus programmes
Posted: 11/21/2006 12:39:57 PM
Hey!

Sorry for this being late on this post but personally I have three favourites.

1.) Avira AntiVir - TRUELY my fav.
2.) Nod32 - watch out, have a few troubles signing into MSN after I installed this one
3.) AVG - it's nice, but slow on reacting.
4.) EZ Trust - this is a nicer version of a combination software (Firewall, Antivirus)
5.) Avast! - Umm,., ok, few problems with this one but I'll give it some props. I dislike the way it looks aka Interface
6.) Kaspersky - Pretty nice, but it's a commerical version so it's all about money.
7.) Trend Micro Housecall - Wow! I love this one because you can scan yourself online without having to install anything but an active x.
8.) PandaSoft - Same as above
9.) Norton AntiVirus - I strongly dislike this but many people seem to love it
10.) McAfee - It's ok, haven't had any problems.

Now, please note these are all the one's I've tried. I guess it's basically a trial and error thing. Install one play with it for a few weeks, if you like it keep it. Just remember to uninstall the one that you currently have before installing any other one.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > anti-virus programmes