Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you found and then lost your soulmate?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LonesomeHero
Msg: 3
Have you found and then lost your soulmate?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I believe there is someone out there for all of us
and as far as im concerened its possible that u could find and lose them as well
for me personally its possible i have lost that special person for me, but then again there always could be more then just that one person for each of us
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 4
Have you found and then lost your soulmate?
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:25:30 PM
big time!!and over something really stupid!!
 PrincessNaughty
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:50:30 PM
At one point I thought I had found my soul-mate. We were young and grew apart for awhile but we were always close in my heart. Then a few years later he died. So I hope there is more than one soul-mate out there for me
 Raven1
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:42:28 PM

First of all you are not healthy if you need someone to complete you.

Who said anything about others needing someone to COMPLETE them?

As for the "soulmate" thing. I think it's possible to have a soul mate.
There are many people out there that one can be compatible with.
HOWEVER, there MAY only be one that's the most compatible. One where everything fit's together more perfect that it would with anybody else.

As for
If the one you were with is gone..... it was not meant to be.

I don't think that's true either.
It's quite possible that the timing may have been off (the moons not aligning for instance....
...j/k about the moon thing, but it is possible timing was off).
Or, there could have been other factors that created conflict at the time of dissolution of the relationship.
That doesn't mean it was NEVER meant to be.
 Bandito
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:30:22 AM
I think there are a very few optimal matches that romantics like myself call soul mates. The personalities are so highly matched that it is easy to feel they know eachother because their interests, ideologies and even experiences are so closely matched.

People do have a habit of romanticising over past relationships and ideal lovers that we let get away. So I would caution people that feel that they lost their soul mate and remind them they might be over stating what might have been.

Finding a soul mate, that optimal match, is rare but not impossible. Don't let them get away

Bana-dito
 dud
Msg: 41
to alone2 sooon and other
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:13:53 PM
i feel like yes... but i could be wrong. it does actually happen lol
 wahya
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:32:58 PM
Yes, and never found out why........
 Darkheartx
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2006 1:58:13 PM
I had a soulmate once, but i think she lost her soul.
We were extremely close and had an almost phychic bond with each other.
After that, i don't know what happened.. she just left and after that she just seemed empty inside and i couldn't talk to her anymore. We shared everything and i mean everything... and we always connected and understood each other.. then one day, it just stopped and she seemed like a stranger to me. I didn't know her anymore. Is it possible for someone to loose their soul? I didn't think so untill this happened to me. It was very upsetting and broke my heart in so many ways. I lost my best friend and lover. It feels like she is dead, but still walking around. I don't know how else to explain it. :(
 OutMind
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/15/2009 2:28:13 PM
Every time you think you find this person and then you lose it, realize that it was NOT your soulmate, that it was not meant to be and that you just need to move on.
 KTDID78
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:03:03 PM
Sometimes I think I may have, but I'm holding out hope that if it really was meant to be, it wouldn't have ended. There must be a true match still out there.
 transcend
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 8:42:01 PM
the reasons that compel us to lower our barriers and allow someone else to get closer than anyone ever has.. happens more than once. It is certainly driven by timing and opportunity (on both ends) .. finding someone that can look that deeply and survive an equally deep reciprocity is indeed rare...but worth the wait..

only by preparing ourselves, trimming away the parts gone bad and encouraging our own growth toward better character, can we be ready when our next chance begins.
 live333
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/20/2009 9:05:05 PM
I like your idea of more than one soulmate, yet I'm thinking that the whole concept of a soulmate may denote there is only one! I feel as if I found mine but our time was lost to missed opportunity. And so we all hope.....
 thunder2010
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 6:26:01 AM
I never used to belive it, untill my last gf, we had a connection a love that people would die for, due to fear and stuipity on my part, she is now gone. In my case there is a slim possibilaty of getting back, and I live in aggony at the hope.
 timeland
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:24:27 PM
yeah, i have lost my soul mate. But when she started college as a mature student she met up with loads of other people from college and started hanging around with them, mostly at college but her phone was always ringing and someone texting always on the phone.. so we just lost touch with each other even though we were living together. i thought by leaving her study upstairs for exams or projects was the best thing i could do for her without any interuption would be ok.. how i was so wrong she was on the phone all the time.. with who i don't know.. college friends?
 Soulsister47
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 4:09:48 AM
To make a long story short...I use to believe in soulmates. Now I'm not so sure. All I can say is that being with that person felt so different than being with my first love or any other person I have ever been with. Now does having, knowing, or loosing that soulmate hinder our capabilities of new love. I don't think so. I think that humans are always capable of love.
 Soulsister47
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 12:22:41 PM
I think what happens is some people are skeptical or realize it to late. In my case that person realized it to late. Oh well..so much for soulmates.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2009 9:52:22 AM
Yes, almost 30 years ago - his sister called us "opposite sides of the same coin."

But, we are still friends.

P.S. Might I add, I believe "soulmate" is "extreme compatability", and I personally think we don't have only one out in the world. So, I hope to run into another some day.
 sanddallor
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2009 3:22:25 AM
If there is such a thing as one, then the chances are that he/she could only be found by fate. Otherwise, it all about diversity. I've had two really great relationships with women who could have been considered soulmates and I've met a few more that I could do it all over again with!
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 159
Posted: 11/19/2009 1:42:17 PM
She was my soulmate.

I was not hers.

i could have lived with her for 10 lifetimes. and been ecstatic.
 quitefish
Msg: 163
Posted: 11/19/2009 8:06:20 PM
well shortirish**stard, seems to me your way of thinking is on the money. Just keep looking I believe when it's time we find them. :)
 Sabrosura
Msg: 166
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:00:10 PM
Nope - he's still lost and I can't find him. He can't find me either, so I guess I'm lost too! I'm screwed!!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:07:27 PM
1. No, I'm hoping there are several, as I've already been through a few.
2. I have no idea. If there IS such a thing as a 'soulmate' (utter crap, IMO), I wouldn't expect to know for sure until I get to the great Product Tag Scanner in the sky, and get told "Oh! Here's the idiot who was supposed to hook up with female #10001000100201100120200002011328740!!"
 Mel1509
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2009 3:44:12 PM
I found, if not my "soulmate" (not even sure what that means), then the love of my life and lost him through my own stupidity. I feel as though I will pay for that for the rest of my life as it's five years ago and I have never since found anyone else who loves me and can't see me ever doing
 spunkybum52
Msg: 198
Posted: 11/26/2009 12:33:06 AM
Yes I have. I met a man I fell in love with and we were definitely soul mates. Our relationship was like a fairy tale. Then, he died all of a sudden from a heart attack after a 20 year relationship. I died that day too. But yes, it is possible. I might add that I wasn't even looking for it at the time. Our paths just crossed. It was destiny & fate. He will always be my soul mate, but that is not to say you cannot fall in love again.
 spunkybum52
Msg: 200
Posted: 11/26/2009 6:35:51 PM
Obviously 2irish1 you have not found your soul mate, otherwise you wouldn't talk like that. I found mine, and it wasn't on the dating site. My relationship did not take effort at all, as we clicked right away. I think that is the concept of a soul mate... that you know from the very beginning you are one, and that you were meant for each other, and you don't HAVE to work at it..... it doesn't take any working.... it is there for the taking already. When you find your soul mate, you don't have to force it to work, or put time and effort into it. I never did, and it worked beautifully for 20 years until he died.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you found and then lost your soulmate?