Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > Amish kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tiffs_popular
Msg: 1
Amish kidsPage 1 of 1    
How many Amish kids really follow their elder's beliefs do you think?

Teens are teens. They're rebellious.

I think as soon as some of these kids see what cool stuff there is out there, that as soon as they are away from their parents, they change clothes and hit the malls. They gotta doncha think?

There's gotta be at least one kid out there thats got a gameboy hidden in grampa's haystack or something.
 young_55
Msg: 2
Amish kids
Posted: 2/7/2006 9:22:43 AM
don't know. There's probably some I imagine.

Personally my thing about Amish was there disbelief of using technology. Why did they stop at the tech level they did? Isn't a horse as a tool techincially techinology, given a old one, but still technology? Or does it have to be electric?
 Nghtshft
Msg: 3
Amish kids
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:34:46 AM
There are some rebellious Amish kids out there. One night I was in a club, here in the states we refer to clubs as private fraternal organizations. Like your VFW's... Amvets Posts and so on. Well one night the buzzer rang and the bartender went to the door, there was a young Amish boy and his GF. The boy was 21 and his gf was 20. They had come some 20+ miles by horse and buggy to party. It was absolutley hysterical to party with these 2 all night. They had a blast. Dancing to the jukebox. He even gave whomever wanted a ride in their buggy.

Before the night was over I had his hat on and he had my ball cap on. It really was a night to remember that's for sure.
 mkguntown
Msg: 4
Amish kids
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:05:16 PM
People are people, no matter where you are or what you where. I'm from New Wilmington, Pa, one of the older, more strict sects of Amish left in the country.
When we were in HS, we used to take Amish kids to the state line to buy beer and liquor, only to see them trashed on 2-3 beers. They would have to keep their beer in the cricks to keep it cool. We used to go fishin just so we could get drunk on the beer we found. Some have radio's stashed, some sneak out to the bars, some get stoned. We grew up with alot of these guys, and had many a good time.
The young men are allowed to leave the clan and have up to 3 yrs to return if they change their mind. Young women have 1 year to decide, i think. Most of the young adults do come back when they realize what a "dog eat dog" world it is out there. The Amish do take care of thier own. You don't see Amish retirement homes, schools for special needs Amish, and you will never see a Dutchman collecting social security. Nah, they take care of thier own, and they do whatever it takes to help anyone in the clan who is in need.
What else would you like to know about the Amish Dutch Miss Tiff? I could tell you stories that would knock your socks off.
Signed; Crockett in Amish country (where even the buggies get pulled over for DUI)
 young_55
Msg: 5
Amish kids
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:46:44 AM
^^^the horse is drunk too?
 brunneteshavemorefun
Msg: 6
Amish kids
Posted: 2/17/2006 3:52:02 AM
Well i know I wouldn't cut it as an Amish. I mean as soon as I saw anything modern I'd be finding a way to sneak something back home or find excuses to leave all the time to go have a real life.
 Irishrockdoc
Msg: 8
Amish kids
Posted: 10/6/2006 11:01:53 AM
I was going through the old formus for the Hell of it and came across this one.

With the tragedy in Lancaster County this week, I think that there will be some Amish Kids that will be interested in technology. Although, there might also be some Amish Kids that will also become more faithful to the ways of Amish living.

Bob
 likeitlovett
Msg: 9
Amish kids
Posted: 10/6/2006 10:51:03 PM
Oh yeah thats down right hilarious....genius....You know people who come on here professing to make such "profound" statements/questions against people who cant defend themselves in a public forum while people like you laugh at their expense.Its these stones that are cast that helped to ruin a heritage for ever with the quakers. Do you know who they are or... s h o u l d I t y p e s l o w e r .Can you get anymore unamerican than that?All the people of similar mindset dont you have kittens to drown or puppies to kick.......Just thoughtless people.If its just a simple question then keep then keep the dumb ones to yourself so as not to profess your ignorance .... read a book and answer it yourself oh profound one. Then come on here and educate the rest of us.You know it is definately few and far between that people come into these forums and say anything positive about the amish.Such as the morrals they instill in their children.If they have failed at some level why are they(the fallen ones that soo many refer too that can use computers) not on here criticizing your upbringing or lack there of.Whats your name? spaz..... how long did that take to come up with?...Great another guy that got picked on in highschool.Are we gonna have to keep our kids from going to school because your upright and mobile. It says that you posted this on 4/14/06 it seems odd for a guy with enough energy to name himself spaz to be posting something on a computer at 10:19 am on a friday morning?Let me guess Lockheed/Martin gave you the moring off and you posted this just prior to getting in your mercedees benz to deliver meals on wheels for the elderly. YEAH UH RIGHT.And this goes out to anyone who feels the need to help ruin and undermine a society that cannot defend itself.Why not say something positive about the amish rather than be so focused on detroying or tarnishing their wholesome image.

As for the rest of you kind folks who did have positive things to say in refference to the Amish ...Wonderful. I would like to shake your hands and keep up the good work.

I am not a religeous freak ,Amish, Quaker, New Mennonite or anything like that.Just a genuinely concerned citizen fearing for the safety of the general public with this type of poison poluting our childrens future.It's not only what he said but the mindset behind it that nothing is sacred and nothing is off limits.Its unfortunate but there are hundreds of thousands of people around the world who dont think like this .....But one wacko makes a stupid comment and it could be etched in time forever.Someones got to say somthing to people like this.
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 10
Amish kids
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:17:50 AM
there are some amish as well as menonites as well as jw's that don't always follow the beliefs that their families have raised them to believe in. the young children, they will follow their parent's beliefs until they become a teen. once they reach their teens they also become rebelious just like out children have done, just like we have done. if teenagers don't become more rebelious how are they going to learn about life. it's called live and learn.

now as for what happened, i feel bad for the families of the girls. i also feel bad that the other children had to see it happen. from what i understand the shooter took vengence on the death of his daughter (at birth), raped other girls, then went after other innocent ones. the only way he felt as if he would be happy for himself is to take the lives of other children then ending his own life. that's being a coward. he could have seeked help, he could have been put away under lock and key, but he chose to inflict pain on those whom had nothing to do with what had happened. well needless to say, those whom commit suicide do not go to heaven with their loved ones, they go straight to hell. i know people say that we live in hell, as well as i do, but look at everything going on around us. his hell is not going to be having him be an angel on anyone's shoulder. his hell is going to be the place with lost and evil souls and i'm not talking about pergatory either.
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > Amish kids