Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Why do men most often have to be the one to do the chasing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kindirishman
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do men most often have to be the one to do the chasing?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
As a man that's sort of shy, I find it really hard to chase after women. So I'm wondering why women can't do the chasing for a change. Give the guys a break for a while. I also think it's rediculous that in this day and age that women DO know what they want, but often won't go out and get it, it has to come to them. A double standard of sorts. And you wonder why you can't find good men???? I think y'all should re-evaluate your strategy. So anyway. What does everyone think? Time to give the guys some slack and let the women do the chasing for a change? Or remain in this semi-outdated cat and mouse game?
 good bye
Msg: 2
Why do men most often have to be the one to do the chasing?
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:13:02 PM
Because women dont have the balls to do all the work they are lazy and would rather sit around watching us get excited trying to come up with new ideas to turn them on that they forget to say hi to us first to let us know what they are thinking!

They are afraid to admit that they are lazy in the huntting game!
 singledadinsurrey
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:15:25 PM
very interested to hear some of the womens point of view on this one..
 *Rock*
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:32:24 PM
It used to be a rule of mine to never chase, in fact i would stay clear of women who had a "gathering" of slobbering idiots, it was amazing the responses i recieved from the so called "foxes" when they figured out i wasn't interested in putting anybody up on a pedastel, geez lady, get a life will ya..lol. I've softened this stance somewhat a couple times over the years, bad mistake, and got my enchiladas in a vice for it...sooooo, nah, no more chasing, feeling has to be mutual, and if its not after a certain time period, i'm taking my enchalidas and leaving dodge...
 ChaiGuy
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:34:00 PM
Personally, I think the only ones worth keeping are the ones you have to work hard to get.
 fairyeyez
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:35:41 PM
We don't chase cause "the book" tells us not to. Didn't u read "He's Just Not That Into You"? Hmm get with the program eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 gon_fishin
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:40:28 PM
haha.. guys dont read that.. if they published in Maxim maybe we woulda saw it...
 Alli-oop
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:42:14 PM
lol fairyeyez.
 ChaiGuy
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:47:29 PM
It was probably in a Maxim article... every once in a while they do a 'From the Pages of Cosmo' segway. Most men skip right over it because their isn't a hot looking woman's picture at the beginning of the article.

They do make for interesting reading though....
 OpheliaImmortal
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:58:39 PM
Some of us do the pursuing, but there's that fear of comming across 'pushy' or, heaven forbid, 'desperate'. Alot of the girls who do the sitting back b.s. are the ones who do get approached more often.
I do agree that it is lame, but the consequenses tend to out-weigh the pro's... I'm not worried about being known as the weird chick, but last thing I want to be is the annoying chick...
when women are confident enough to be the approacher, we end up being the friend - nobody likes being on that side of the line, so we back off, act all subdued and girlie and then guys complain about us not approaching them
 fairyeyez
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:00:16 PM
There is a similar male version of the book that is older, it is quite the laugh to read it is called "Ask the Girl Next Door" by Nicole Belant
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:05:31 PM
I call bullsh*t........ it's not a matter of 'chasing'.. it's showing interest.... I do... I email, flirt, invite out to do things.. blah blah blah....not all women are 'lazy' as 'some' of you (cough cough) have put it..... however... so many 'declines' in invites etc.. then the hunt moves to another victim lol

Alot don't like rejection... but in this day'n age... if you don't take chances.. you could be missing out on one of the best things in your life.. I'm glad I had the BALLS to 'hunt' and initiate contact.
 Clearwater Missy
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:07:19 PM
you tell him peach ......
 gon_fishin
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:09:27 PM
ahhh.. the hunters have become the hunted...hmmm
 kindirishman
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:10:10 PM
More women should be like countrypeach!!!!! Levels the playing field.
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:34:55 PM
awwwww he's back again.... ^^^^^^^^^ and the countdown is on..
 rings
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:47:37 PM
plain and simple women usually dont chase men, because they dont have too. women chase men too, just not near as much. it would be nice if more women,did the chaseing.but dont hold your breath. either way, to the victor go the spoils............
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:12:53 PM
well someones gotta pursue or there's gonna be a whole lot of LONELY ppl out there... cmon peeps... grab some balls and reach out and tell someone ya like em..... geeeeeeeeeeesh... show interest.. invite them for coffee... what can it hurt ?????

DON'T CHASE... initiate... contact... if no response.. find a new victim.. errrrr I mean target.. errrrrrrr... oh heII you know what I mean lol *winks
 gon_fishin
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:14:41 PM

grab some balls

hmm would they be brass balls u be grabbin?
 Tuff Roxy
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:15:11 PM
Nope, they are balls of steel!! LMAO!!!
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:15:22 PM
hopefully silver lmao but i'm not against brass lol
 Mystery_lover
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:16:13 PM
You know, I hear all these guys say they are shy but then some of them are intimidated if the girl does show interest...like someone else said the woman is considered "pushy" or "aggressive".

I admit I like to be chased. Please note that does not mean I want to be stalked or harassed...but having the guy show some interest sure helps us figure out what the heck they are thinking! I am willing to be assertive and show interest as well...but I don't hang around if the other person doesn't show some interest. There are too many fish in the sea to waste time on someone who is "just not into me!"

My two cents...
 diaryofdreams
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:16:44 PM
my ballz are turning blue...
 HORSELADY3
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:28:53 PM
^^^Awwwww but blue is one of my favorite colors!!
OT: Well said Peach! I go after what I want, when I want it! I am not attracted to a meek man though so he still has to have the courage to respond!
 diaryofdreams
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:33:53 PM
I am naught gonna speak for most men,just myself...
it is in my jeans in being a man to go get what I want...ballz included..
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Why do men most often have to be the one to do the chasing?