Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > He just slipped out      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hairdo41
Msg: 1
He just slipped outPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I am amazed at what people will do to get out of a siuation....I sit here tonight and tell you of my evening at applebees with a man sitting across from me for 2 hours engaging in conversation and joking and laughing...all the while the stories he was telling me were nothing but a bunch of bs,,,and I knew it...but after a few hours and a few beers he goes to the bathroom and after a long 10 minutes and several people later going in and out of the bathroom I ask the waitress to have a male go into the bathroom and check on him.....nooene is in there.....He bolted and left me with the tab tonight....thank goodness the nice man sitting at the bar figured this out and came to my rescue and told me what he had witnessed...he paid the tab and asked me out.....hahahaha....I am done with internet dating and also any dating sites,,,,I am better off meeting folks in person....has anyone ever had a goofball do this to them on a first date?
 CountrySugar
Msg: 2
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:25:47 PM
Omg you can't be serious..that's just awful, I'm sorry that happened to you, what a jerk..
some people *shaking head*

obviously you are to good for someone who would do such a thing. Ok so it may not of been what he expected but at least pay your share of the bill..he was no gentleman that's for sure..
 Sniggy
Msg: 3
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:26:34 PM
WTF.............I am glad it worked out for you. I have never had that happen to me yet, and I say yet because there are all kinds.
 romanticone2
Msg: 4
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:31:32 PM
I met a lady at a restaurant from the net , and shehad it happen to her twice before , seems like a weak and cowardly way to deal with a situation to me , or maybe they are such cheapskates that they will only pay if the date looks promising .Weird !
 Pete73052
Msg: 5
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:33:43 PM
I thought this was going to be a sex thread for a minute...

I'll confess, I did this once... a very long time ago... and not to someone I had met for a date. I was with two new friends (two guys I had only recently met) and we were drinking at the bar on the pier and had had too much to drink. Three not so great looking women came to our table and started getting friendly. They talked us into going next door for dinner and we were too drunk to say no. When we sat down, the first thing the girls did was order a $100 bottle of champagne. I excused myself and headed for the restroom... signaling to one of the guys to meet me there. When he got there I suggested we should take an inventory of how much money we had. It turned out that together we couldn't even cover the champagne - so I pointed out what a dumb idea it was. He went back to the table and asked our other buddy for help, claiming I was sick in the restroom. We ended up kicking out the window and escaping - three drunks running like crazy, tripping over each other as if we had just escaped from prison.

One more bit of information - of the guys had told one of the girls where he worked and she called him up the next day and bawled him out. The good news is, they had figured out what had happened before the waiter popped open the champagne.

Boy, I'm glad I got that off my chest - I've felt terrible about it for over 20 years.
 Sniggy
Msg: 6
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:39:24 PM
to Pete I can see that situation, besides they asked you guys to go eat then they should have paid anyway.

whoever does the asking out should be the one paying unless the other person offers and you say okay
 Hambone352
Msg: 7
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:39:53 PM
I heard, majority of the time....some guy sends a friend in to see the girl, if she's a "Go" or not...if not, he doesn't walk in the restauarant in the first place.
 Pete73052
Msg: 8
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:45:40 PM

to Pete I can see that situation, besides they asked you guys to go eat then they should have paid anyway.

whoever does the asking out should be the one paying unless the other person offers and you say okay

Thanks for understanding. It was pretty clear they didn't intend to pay - and in fact we had already been buying them drinks for a couple of hours before-hand (hence, the reason we were running out of money). If I were in that situation today, I would handle it differently (like being honest). And, I've learned not to have idiots for friends.

cougar99
Msg: 9
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:56:05 PM

I thought this was going to be a sex thread for a minute...

So did I...lol

I am done with internet dating and also any dating sites

Not really fair to blame it on the internet or dating sites....
not all men are azzes like this guy was...hopefully...someone will do that to him..
One day hes going to do it to the wrong person..
 Frrosty
Msg: 10
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:03:58 PM
thank goodness the nice man sitting at the bar figured this out and came to my rescue and told me what he had witnessed...he paid the tab and asked me out..

And HE slipped IN!!!!

DAT A BOY!!!! WINNNNNNNER!!!!

uh...paleeeeeaasse tell me that you will give this a man a date..a chance.. to further warm your heart, your faith and your soul.....pplllleeeeeeeeaaassee!!???
 hairdo41
Msg: 11
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:29:29 PM
First time for everything....damn do I look that bad/....lol
 Fairytale 101
Msg: 12
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:29:53 PM
Not me as of yet but a friend of mine went out with a guy they made it through dinner and he paid for the dinner and then afterwards they decided that they would go elsewhere for drinks. She excused herself to the ladies room and went back outside to meet him and he was no where to be found. Then about a month later contacted her again to apologize. What a guy!
 lady_bugg65
Msg: 13
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:33:05 PM
no way...there is no excuse for this kinda stuff.............

coward...chicken hearted gizzard....shame on him.....!
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 14
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:37:54 PM
I thought it was going to be about sex as well...I even had a explanation...anyway...perhaps he is dirtier than we think and he spied his wife or g/f there. you are too beautiful and seem too sweet, to get the slip for no reason
 hairdo41
Msg: 15
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:43:30 PM
Hey thanks......I thought about people reading this thread and thinking...hmmm gotta be a sex question....lol sorry...but he did just slip out.....I should have just been a no show.....But I am above and beyond that....he needs to grow up...wonder how many others he has done this to....wish there was a way to warn the sweet and innocent...
 JUSTINBOY88
Msg: 16
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:49:58 PM
ive done a few things i am not proud of in my younger days but that is just plain mean.the phrase "be a man" comes to mind.
 islgurl
Msg: 17
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:51:26 PM
That is alful! What a little jerkwad. BUT how lucky are you...the little worm weeded himself out without you having to be the "bad guy".
I recall my very best friend being set up(blind date) with a guy...years ago...by mutual friends. He was never certain he'd like her...so he had a contingency plan...go out to his car for cigs and bail. When he confessed this (6 months after their wedding) I was soooo pissed with him! That he had even entertained that as an option! He informed me it is not a rare thing....lots of men do it. And he reminded me....Women have phone calls from friends...you know...that "emergency-at-home" call..... :D
 Sinkist
Msg: 18
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:51:43 PM
I met an online date in a movie theater (we were going to see XMen). He got up half way thru the movie to get some popcorn, and never came back! I wasn't about to go find him. I figured he wasn't worth it, and I really liked the movie! lol
 DnickieD
Msg: 19
view profile
History
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 8:56:11 PM
Sorry that happened to you Hairdo. I had to check where you were from for a sec. I thought we'd gone out with the same guy....to me you're lucky you met that nicer man at the bar. I had no such luck. I paid for dinner and he still had the nerve to think that he was gittin a lil sumthin sumthin after he hung around......till I sent him packin homeward bound. Oh and he was from another date site as well. So it don't matter what part of the globe you're from, there's always gonna be some trickster about.
 hairdo41
Msg: 20
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 9:08:35 PM
The funny part is he told me his last name and where he lived until recently.......I have friends that work for the police department.....
 sweety84
Msg: 21
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 9:26:40 PM
Omg. Im soo sorry that you had to deal with that.. I feel soo bad for you although Im happy that it worked out.. Thats good! I just can't believe that! Thank god I haven't had that happen to me but I sure will be on the look out! hehe

dceeeee
Msg: 22
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 9:51:31 PM
I don't think it had anything to do with you at all, Hairdo...you look great! I have a feeling he was CHEAP!!...and an azzhole, to boot!
 jazzhomie
Msg: 23
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 9:53:46 PM

he paid the tab and asked me out.....hahahaha

I second that hahahaha!
 Riick
Msg: 24
view profile
History
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:05:32 PM
[q]....has anyone ever had a goofball do this to them on a first date?[/q]

WISH I'd done it.
Met woman on blind (internet) date.
She obviously uninterested; 10 min after I arrived, she got call on cell phone.
Stayed on phone for 15 min.
What I *should* have done is leave her, and her bar bill.
 Ooli
Msg: 25
He just slipped out
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:05:43 PM
What a great ending to a creepy story. Yay for the nice man who came to the rescue!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > He just slipped out