Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > for those about to rock i salute you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 djc02359
Msg: 2
view profile
History
for those about to rock i salute youPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
artful...someone on POV once said he believes in Time Travel..He went to bed when he was 25 and then woke one day at 50! I know what you mean about the shock. I didn't know my head was still going to be 20 something when my body turned 56!! I have soooo much fun hanging with my 20 something kids & their friends because it's like going back in time to the age I feel in my head!

But I also love being my age. I couldn't care less what others think of me. Sex gets better and better, and I can do whatever I want...(depending on ehat's in the bank, that is.) I am retiring next June and trying to figure out what to do with the next chapter in my life. It's very exciting! I can try a totally different career with the back up of my pension, and if I don't like the work I can actually say. "Take this job and shove it!!" LIFE IS GOOD!!
 RDtoo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
for those about to rock i salute you
Posted: 2/25/2006 2:24:11 PM
Very true Dodger. I get some strange looks from people when I am blasting the stereo in my car. I didn't know I was supposed to have quit doing this. Nobody gave me the rules book.

I heard a college professor once explain the phenomenon to a class of students. He told the young girls to be kind to the old coots as they don't see themselves as old coots when they look in the mirror but see themselves still as a viral man in his 20s. Amazingly there was almost a collective sigh let out by all the females in the class.
 Wrenchspinner
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2006 5:19:06 PM
Gotta say, plenty of wisdom streaming though this thread :>)

Though I'll be hitting the big 5 "O" this summer, I still feel more like I'm 30 ('cept on a really cold morning:) and am told I typically appear more like I'm in my mid to late 30s though this is likely just fortunate genetics.

Having done a good part of my "growing up" in the 60s and 70s Rock and Roll has always been a mainstay in my life. Here in Texas most folks my age are all into country which holds VERY little fascination for me.

Right now Creams "White Room" is drifting outta the ole Klipsches, which followed Tears for Fears "Head Over Heels" which followed Tor Amos' "Cornflake Girl" ! I love my music, what can I say !

About 15 yrs ago when I had just begun listening to the then new Alternative Rock stuff that was out I had a serious conversation with myself (we Geminians have this capability:) about why I was doing so. I queried within myself if I was listening to this newer music to fool myself into feeling younger than I truly was or because I just liked the music. The answer was that I simply enjoyed the music :>)

So .... to all my fellow rockers, let me borrow and morph a line from Kansas ...." carry on my wayward son(s and daughters)"
 Lynlin1957
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:10:33 PM
Let's not forget The Guess Who, Bob Dylan, Tina Turner, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix.

Oh, and btw.....I'm only 29(and have been for the last 19 years)
 Fanny
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/21/2007 4:39:03 PM
Amen to older women being able to rock! And to the guy who said that we have more baggage, a) that's not necessarily true, I've known some intensely screwed up 20 year olds, and b) we older women have grown strong enough to carry our own baggage, thank you very much! The really cool thing about my age is how well I can relate to all ages: Half of my friends are in their thirties, the other half are in their sixties, and I have a great time with all of them. I can still have a blast biking, hiking, rollerblading, whatever! And yeah, when I'm drivin' down the road in my PT Cruiser, I can pump my Rush, Yes, Nirvana, or Sisters of Mercy as loud as any of the hip-hoppers. Stick that in your pipe....
 Isispriest
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/22/2007 1:12:08 AM
Right on Fanny.
I'm 52 and I am taking my 10yr old son to the Virgin Music Fest to hear Billy Talent and My Chemical Romance. I'm a radical YIPPIE that has never relinquished my ideals, nor taste for the occasional biochemical adventure. I think back to High School and really I was in the minority as a "head" that was on the honour role. And now yes it is not easy to find people my age who are not normal and conservative.
Ever heard of Salvia Divinorum? It is a "new" psychedelic herb from Mexico, used by Mayan shamans to diagnose illness. It is legal in most states and Canada.
Could we go out for dinner when I get to Fla to visit my sister and her family in Orlando??
Rock on
Posted: 4/25/2007 6:40:25 PM

The only time I'll stop rocking is when I'm laying under a pile of them. Now where's my "Bat Out Of Hell" CD ??

I am so with you on that - I have Bat I and Bat II - and I crank em up when I am on long drives!

Hey, I'm 60; got all of the energy of a 15 year old (in every way)..

I am right behind you, Rossal, and I am so not a little old lady. And this weekend, going to see another rocker who has never stopped, at 63, Ted Neeley is still rocking the house in the first major rock opera to be filmed: Jesus Christ Superstar.
'

and I am not dignifying Moon's nasty comments with a response.
 mphzguy
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2007 5:48:26 PM
It seem's alot of us are similar in our tastes ... great bands listed. I appreciate the salute and I will rock .. since I'm in a band and we play alot of the bands listed

I'm 45 and really agree, I'd rather have some stimulating conversation with someone who can relate .. someone closer to my age then try and entertain some young thing with the attention span of my kids.
 morefunwith2
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 12:37:27 PM
Had the great pleasure of going to see April Wine in concert last month!
They have been rocking for more than 30 years...

Do a google video search Jerry Mercer Drum solo...
He is a 67 and for sure still rocking....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > for those about to rock i salute you