Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > cut and pasters      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wowmom
Msg: 1
cut and pastersPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I have a pet peeve. Guys that cut and paste replies. These guys don't think about taking the extra minute to say something relevant about you or your profile, they just cut & paste some "Hey babe!" verbage and see if it hooks the gal...not me. I would like to know if others find this as impersonal (and sometimes it is very funny too!) as I do...
 Pete73052
Msg: 2
cut and pasters
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:16:18 AM
I used to use a form letter that was actually structured AS a resume - as if I was responding to a job application. It was kinda cute and got lots of positive responses (for a form letter). I don't do that anymore, though. I now send a personalized letter that talks about what I have in the way of personal assets - and then goes on to discuss my physical attributes, penis size, what I would like to do to her on our first date. I figure, if that doesn't get a girl hot for me, nothing will.
 Reenie999
Msg: 3
cut and pasters
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:03:18 PM
I had one form letter from a guy who wanted me to travel with him to "exotic" places.....on MY money. LOL.

He probably sent out several hundred so didn't have the time to individualize them.
 wowmom
Msg: 4
cut and pasters
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:22:42 PM
Hey- I am just expressing myself. I am not bashing.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 5
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:39:44 PM
If there has been so many sent out then how about posting them here without letting us know who they came from otherwise it is just a he said she said platform
I may need some help and may use them as tips of what to do and not

I made the mistake of not thinking ahead and had contacted several women only to realize that is not the type of person I am... I did not want to be playing the field per say.,.. I now write to one at a time and if contacted by anyone I tell them I am now in contact with someone and would like to see where that takes me...

If someone feels the need to have an initial template message setup I don't see anything wrong with that as long as he is sincere to all concerned...
If it bothers you that is your choice but I'd be more concerned about how he/she responds after that first message...
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 6
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:41:06 PM
OOPS...
After I open my mouth I see her pet peeve is copy/paste replies...
I have to agree that SUX
 Frrosty
Msg: 7
cut and pasters
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:26:33 PM
I'll tell you why many guys use cut and paste initial messages.

ITS BECAUSE MANY WOMEN USE CUT AND PASTE PROFILES!!

Frrosty
Msg: 8
cut and pasters
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:52:37 PM
Yup, they sure do pretty lady.

wowmom
Msg: 9
cut and pasters
Posted: 2/12/2006 7:04:28 PM
Thank you. good man!
 ratdawg
Msg: 10
cut and pasters
Posted: 6/3/2006 5:52:15 PM
I tried cutting and pasting once but then I couldn't see the screen
 :
Msg: 11
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 6/4/2006 1:24:09 AM
I too have a pet peeve. Girls that ignore me and for that matter don't put out. These girls don't think about taking the extra minute to say something relevant about you or your profile, they just ignore you or spill out some diraretic verbage and see if it hooks the dude...not me. I really love the one word responses too! You can just tell she wants to tell you to get lost or some such thing, my next best favourite is the girls who only have time in their busy e-mail answering schedule to right one line, offten it doesn't even seem to make sense in regards to what I said. Then there are the girls who want to tell you their whole life story in the first reply, I would like to know if others find this as impersonal (and sometimes it is very funny too!) as I do...
 ubkobalt
Msg: 12
cut and pasters
Posted: 7/12/2006 12:01:01 PM
I don't mind if the initial email he sends to me is a cut and paste, come on, it's crazy to expect him to write thoughtful emails to every person he tries to initiate contact with. He's just writing to a lot to see who will actually read it and then who will actually respond to it. It's a numbers game.

I agree with this. I used to cut and paste on another site and actually got some replies (most couldn't tell it was a cut and paste job).

Look, how many emails do YOU send out? Because I send plenty, (about 10-20 a day) and most of them I've put plenty of effort into, and a majority of them are ignored. (I might get 1 lazy email back if I'm lucky.) So why the hell do I want to spend effort on something that's likely going to be ignored anyway?
I WANT to put the effort in, I really do. But why bother when it's fruitless?

How many whiny threads have you seen that say "Why doesn't anyone reply???"

Dating sites require the shotgun approach. Fire into the crowd and hope one hits.

However, if you write me back, you're damn sure I'm going to put some effort into it. I've learned....it doesn't matter. Cut and pasting works. And it seems to work better than actually being thoughtful.
 siners
Msg: 13
cut and pasters
Posted: 12/27/2006 2:22:18 PM
Listen to this guy he knows what he's talking about. It's quite obvious, a guy takings hours writing effortful emails to only have it be unread deleted.

What reason does he have to waste time writing the perfect message when half are not even read? Girls see it the other way around but try to look at it from these guys perspective.
 Snprvnm
Msg: 15
"Open minded" Female Wanted
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:29:07 PM
Female roomate wanted, must be attractive, generous, open minded, oversexed, owns a package store(or financially independant) and longs to support my motorcycle and drinking habits while watching my dogs as I explore my wild side between here and Alaska next summer, Free rent in exchange for sexual favors, apply within...

Well? you girls want it all, why cant we?

subtle_savage
Msg: 18
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 12/28/2006 12:29:29 AM

Form letters

allow

more time to

spam more

women

fostering

more

possible

contacts.
 Reenie999
Msg: 19
cut and pasters
Posted: 1/2/2007 5:40:14 PM
I delete that kind of thing immediately rather than wade thru it. I have no time for such foolishness!!
 misticspear
Msg: 20
cut and pasters
Posted: 1/4/2007 7:22:00 AM
I find alot of guys who do that are just tired of putting effort into e-mails just for the girl to check his profile and decide not to respond or anything. So they figure if the dig your profile they will respond just put something out there to get her attention.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 21
cut and pasters
Posted: 1/4/2007 11:51:34 AM

After sending numerous custom-made messages with no replies at all, I decided to just stop writing, period and see if anyone would take the effort to write to me first.

This point is so true. Guys get conditioned to not send well thought-out messages to lady's internet profiles due to read, read/delete, unread/delete.

Then again, there are lots of guys not reading lady's profiles due to laziness and/or libido satisfaction.

Then again, I can see how ladies don't reply to men's messages due to sheer volume issues.

Guys should just take a little time to personalize their messages. And not get bent out of shape when read, read/delete, unread/delete occurs.

Ladies might want to be a little more understanding of guys 5% or less reply ratios.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 22
cut and pasters
Posted: 1/4/2007 2:03:13 PM
Yes wonkabar, internet profile seeking for guys are mostly misses and barely any hits. I just accept it. There probably are ways for me to improve my profile, but I'd rather not have a "professional-looking" or "players-like" profile. Besides I don't really think about it that much. Meeting ladies via the internet is just a way to supplant Real Life situations anyways.
 MermaidMafia
Msg: 23
cut and pasters
Posted: 6/16/2007 7:38:58 PM
lol, I couple days ago I got the same form letter from a guy twice in one day
 cayote 136
Msg: 24
cut and pasters
Posted: 6/17/2007 11:59:48 AM
So what's a little JUNK MAIL ! Ad that's what it is JUNK MAIL! It's bad enought that they can't show any creatitvy but having to cut and paste is the end. Maybe they have so many favorites it must be hard to keep all this in some kind of order, or otherwise you have to remember everything somebody else has already said about someone.. What a crop of crap ! It is all about Ego or trading BB cards when you where a kid. Or copying someones home work ! Really maybe they are so sky they can't come up with anyhing original to say. Who knows........
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 25
cut and pasters
Posted: 11/11/2007 10:54:00 AM
"Hi! I don't think enough of you or your profile to send you anything other than this generic note that I've already sent to 100's of other people, but you should feel privileged that I took the 3 seconds to copy/paste it to you and respond to me with something of value.
Sincerely,
Douchie McBag"

If not, please feel free to cut and paste that to your next un-unique contact. I'm sure your candor would be much more appreciated than your lack of originality.

OMG!! that's PERFECT! I recently received what I thought was a very nice email from someone - it seemed personal and went on to describe how sincere and not into games, etc. etc. but right in the middle he used someone else's name!!

I wrote back and made the suggestion that if he needed to cut & paste an email he should at least proof read it and change the name!

He sent TWO emails of apologies.... ummmm... D E L E T E !!!!

Sincerely, Douchie McBag - Priceless!!!
 cookinggal111
Msg: 29
cut and pasters
Posted: 11/27/2007 2:25:09 PM
Cut and paste doesn't bother me if there is something in the email that clearly showed that he read my profile. A few times I have emailed men 2-3 with very similiar profiles. I would use cut/paste. But before I sent the email, I would add/change a few things to include something that applies to the man that I was about to email, but not the other men. I can understand how a man can get frustuated when he sends out a bunch of well written emails and get very few responses.
 Cutepid
Msg: 30
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/15/2012 11:46:57 PM
Too many women want to be up on that pedestal, expecting a long thoughtful well written letter to stroke their ego, but in reality most men are just trying to connect to them to see if you are interested without you planning a marriage, two kids and meeting the parents. So whether it be a woman or a man let's face it, that person will look at your profile first and if they see nothing they are interested in that doesn't fit their fantasy of the "perfect partner" they are going to click the delete button without reading the e-mail that was sent. What it comes down to is they sent an e-mail, therefore you ALREADY know they are interested in you so if you send a response...that's when you can expect an actual letter.
 daysleeper5
Msg: 31
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/16/2012 12:28:41 AM
For the record, I write personalized messages every single time and I have a horrible response rate as anyone else. When it comes down to it, if your picture and profile don't match up to the person's preferences, it really won't make a difference what you put in the message. Besides, women are plenty guilty enough of sending out one-word messages ("Hi") and those are the worst of all since it shows little to no effort.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > cut and pasters