Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do I stave off and hide the loneliness I feel?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kindirishman
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do I stave off and hide the loneliness I feel?Page 1 of 1    
Well ladies and gents. It's been a very long 5 years since my last relationship. I have been dateless for this entire period as well. So as you can well imagine, I get extremely lonely some times. And this presents a problem. You see, when I'm lonely, which is most of the time, I can't seem to hide it very well. I go out with my friends and have a good time, but still seem to have that vibe that solemn and sad. Which I am sometimes, but it's often (I think) interpreted as just plain desperation and neediness. This I know drives women away, and it drives me crazy. Because I'm not needy nor desperate, just lonely. Is there anyway that I can subside these feelings and "vibes" that seem to find their way to women before I even get a chance to open my mouth. I don't want to be dishonest, just put out a more positive disposition. Any advice?
 4everDreaming
Msg: 2
How do I stave off and hide the loneliness I feel?
Posted: 2/13/2006 11:42:33 PM
Of course we all get lonely, my best friend has been single for like 4 years now probably and she does not date much, she gets lonely sometimes, but then she has things in her life that she loves and it fills some of that void, while she waits for "mr.right". Dont overthink it when you are talking to someone, just be in the moment and enjoy their company, if you are interested let her know, but dont be pushy or clingy, smile, that's pretty important, comfortable and conifdent goes a long way.
 cater2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2006 12:30:41 AM
WHEN YOU STUCK IN THE U.S. THE IS GOOD CHANCE YOUARE GOING TO BE LONELY BECAUSE WE ARE SO UPTIGHT AND FEAR RULES TV GOVERMENT TERRORIST BIRD FLU IT KEEPS YOU LONLEY BY DESIGN AN AFRAID TO LIVE SAAAAAAD WHEN THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR SO PEOPEPLE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO LONELY CHASING MONEY ALL BEAUTIFUL MATERIAL THINGS HUMANS CAN HAVE BUT YOURS STILL LONELY HERES THE SOLUTION LEARNING TO LOVE YOURSELF BECAUSE THINGS CANT GIVE YOU EMOTIONALS NEEDS IF A PERSON NOT AFRAID TO FLY GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY LOVE MIGHT BE THERE NO RISK NO LIFE AND IF A MIND IS CLOSE GUESS WHAT THERE GOING TO BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOONEEELLYYY THINK U.S.IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY ON EARTH BUT TV MAKES YOU THINK SO SAAAAAAD
 cater2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2006 12:31:16 AM
WHEN YOU STUCK IN THE U.S. THE IS GOOD CHANCE YOUARE GOING TO BE LONELY BECAUSE WE ARE SO UPTIGHT AND FEAR RULES TV GOVERMENT TERRORIST BIRD FLU IT KEEPS YOU LONLEY BY DESIGN AN AFRAID TO LIVE SAAAAAAD WHEN THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR SO PEOPEPLE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO LONELY CHASING MONEY ALL BEAUTIFUL MATERIAL THINGS HUMANS CAN HAVE BUT YOURS STILL LONELY HERES THE SOLUTION LEARNING TO LOVE YOURSELF BECAUSE THINGS CANT GIVE YOU EMOTIONALS NEEDS IF A PERSON NOT AFRAID TO FLY GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY LOVE MIGHT BE THERE NO RISK NO LIFE AND IF A MIND IS CLOSE GUESS WHAT THERE GOING TO BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOONEEELLYYY THINK U.S.IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY ON EARTH BUT TV MAKES YOU THINK SO SAAAAAAD
 AllNighter40
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/14/2006 4:54:53 AM
Mr. Irishman;
Take it from a lonely Scotsman, 5 years is nothing. I've been dateless, layless and otherwise shunned by the female populous for 12 years. I too feel lonely often, but I've also found that engaging myself in other activities like sports, music or reading takes my mind off the lack of a superfluous other, for a thankful few hours of relief from my feelings of loneliness. It's also a great way to contemplate your self-esteme. Not that you need an esteme boost, but being alone can reek hovok on your confidence. I actually went into cousilling to exercise all my issues and learn how to avoid the "downer" trap.
Good luck
 bobbielee
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:14:12 AM
the best advise i can give is give your lonliness to God, that is what I do. I have been on these dating sites for quite sometime and still nothing, but I have total faith in God to find someone for me, the right man. when i go out it is to have fun and not think about my lonliness, because i dont want to look desperate either.
 CMnorskie
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:27:57 AM
First, I have been lonely for a couple yrs. I have been divorced for 7 months but I am in school for nursing. I find that having my classmates around is helpful.(doesn't hurt that they are mostly birds) I have been joining them for gatherings after class and just having the social interaction helps. I was on medications for depression but the side effects were intolerable, that's when I just forced myself to be more social. I think you are having a self fulfilling prophecy problem. Just be yourself don't focus on how you look to other folks. How do you percieve other people? Do you sit in constant judgement of them? No? Well then they probably think the same of you. It is a tough row to hoe but if you begin to stop projecting your feelings into other people things will turn around. I know this may sound like BS but I have been working on myself for around 2yrs now and I know that I am a lot happier, lonely still but I can handle it. Especially when fishing season opens.
God bless and the best of luck to you!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do I stave off and hide the loneliness I feel?