Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > funny body changes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyc4
Msg: 2
funny body changesPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Beards do funny things, lots of times they start graying or changing color before the hair on a guy's head...my dad had dark blond hair and when he got older his beard started growing in red!
For what suggestions from a woman might be worth; try the Grecian Formula(or "Just for Men") route. Or just let the stach and the beard grow 'til you look like Moses or Grizzly Adams
Cindy O
 djc02359
Msg: 23
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 3/5/2006 2:19:13 PM
I now believe in time travel...I went to bed when I was 40 something and woke up at 56 last month! ..Maybe I slept in a Tardis.
 blondago56
Msg: 29
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 7/23/2006 3:20:50 PM
it takes longer to get up off the chair/couch!
 NapJoe
Msg: 40
funny body changes
Posted: 3/3/2007 7:32:10 AM
Glad you find humor in getting old. The body tells more jokes than Alan King.

Can't help but laugh. Who doesn't?

you wrote -- Beards do funny things, lots of times they start graying or changing color before the hair on a guy's head...my dad had dark blond hair and when he got older his beard started growing in red!
For what suggestions from a woman might be worth; try the Grecian Formula(or "Just for Men") route. Or just let the stach and the beard grow 'til you look like Moses or Grizzly Adams
 texasbaby
Msg: 42
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 3/3/2007 2:49:53 PM
Hey Now!!! I'm not laughing about it! So, when does the funny part start happening???

tb
 Ron9
Msg: 44
funny body changes
Posted: 3/3/2007 6:37:47 PM
avowry - two months ago I peeled my head. I figured I may as well see what it looked like - because my hair is thinning some.

I also grew a goatee. CRAP ................ my head hair is blondish-sorta-kinda and the gray gets lost sorta-kinda - well not so with the beard. It grew in white/silver/gray ................ EXCEPT right in the center of my chin there are several darker hairs.

My goatee looks great but looks like there is a dirty thumb print right in the center lol.

Ops another one brought back - I guess I need to start looking at dates - oh well.
 eye4light
Msg: 45
funny body changes
Posted: 3/3/2007 11:00:40 PM

Antlers have begun to sprout. I expect the tail is not far behind.

My antlers fell off for the winter but I’m sure they will grow back soon as Spring approaches. As for the tail, I have one on my behind too.

Say, does anyone remember Jay Leno before he went all silver? He had a big off-center big blob of grey at the front of his head for a long time. Then it took over his whole head.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 46
funny body changes
Posted: 3/3/2007 11:25:22 PM
Comic, Rick Overton, on losing his hair: "My hairline is making a beeline to my behind". I just had a buzz cut to get the color off my hair. I'm growing it back out some, but not too long. I started turning gray at 21, sumbeotch, but the stretch marks started in my teens, now I can't see them, cause I'm going blind to.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 51
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 3/5/2007 3:58:02 PM
Hair! Growing out of places it never used to. My standard grooming now includes...ear...nose..and eyebrows. funny.... I never had to trim them for the first 50 years?? Whats that all about? Skin. I notice new things popping up on my skin. Spots...stuff... Hmmmmmm? But, overall.... I'm still ahead of the curve. Ain't it fun!!
 betterlate
Msg: 53
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 3/28/2007 1:14:03 AM
Sure!!! I no longer have to shave my legs as much so I have more time to pluck the hairs off my chin!!! LOL.. My vision has gone from 20/20 to I must wear glasses to watch TV, different ones for the computer, and other ones for driving.. wont drive at night... I just cant change glasses fast enough to read the mapsco then read the signs...

My metabolism has slowed to a crawl, so I try to get the thing moving with chocolate and ice cream and I still gain weight!!!! I just dont get it. Its like.. my metabolism is messing with me!!

I know that stress causes the body to retain weight and yes medications do too... I cant seem to get the *&%$#@! jerks I work with to *&^!@# off and let me "relax" at work, if I stop taking the medicaitons.. well then I cant seem to move without horrific pain so... that is stressful. What to do... what to do..

When I see my 7 yr old nephew jump around for hours I get jealous, I want that energy... I want it... and I wouldnt mind being anorexic for just a few months...
have someone accuse me of purging or not eating... (steriod shots.. in spinal chord, not fun but you can count on twenty five LBs) No matter how I exercise, eat rabbit food or refrain from my own true loves... ben and jerry.. I just cant see them anymore now that they are no longer "organic" and owned by the same company that owns "Slimfast"... What are they trying to do? Get em coming and going??? Oh well, at least I am closer to death and wont have to deal with this stress anymore... (just kidding)
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 55
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 3/28/2007 9:37:09 AM
I'm changing but I'm not laughing. I have never been concerned about the changes my body makes and I do not intend to start now. I view family pictures from years ago and I personally think that time has improved my family. We were a funny looking bunch but now, we have blossomed/bloomed/boomed all over and we look pretty dang good. Yeah, I admit, I do pluck and shave out of vanity.
 sometimes_miss
Msg: 58
funny body changes
Posted: 3/28/2007 2:24:33 PM
"Does growing a second penis count as a funny body change ??."

Depends on where it's growing. Out of your forehead, funny (can anybody say d!ckhead)! Out of your big toe, and you'll have to buy new shoes, in odd sized pairs.
 readyfordating
Msg: 62
funny body changes
Posted: 4/16/2007 12:52:39 PM
Once while on the beach, my niece asked why I don't tan in the center of my chest, of course I busted out laughing, because she was talking about the all white hair on my chest, and at a distance looked like pale flesh!
 gentlepatrick
Msg: 80
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:08:02 AM
omg - I was in the shower today and realized: "I have my father's body! I swore I never would - how did that happen???"
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 83
funny body changes
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:46:31 PM
...Its nice to know I'm not alone, there are others that this is happening to haha. I can relate to so many, where do I begin....and by the way, I wouldn't refer to the changes as being "funny". Eyesight, or the loss...I'm forever switchung between my contacts to glasses. Now I've discovered I can no longer read with my contacts, need to use reading glasses with them. Then by the end of the day, can't wear the lenses either, need to switch to my glasses. Driving at night is a "nightmare" and I seem to have lost my perception somehow. I have the toenail problem too, I need to use hedge trimmers soon....and my memory is shot. We used to tease my mother and tell her she had a 3 minute memory, well haha... whos laughing now.

...maeflowers
 Tweetiepie
Msg: 85
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 4/21/2007 2:28:10 AM
Well not much grey yet so I am very lucky---but I was devastated a couple of years ago when my 35 year old daughter said "Mum look at the skin on your hands, hasn't it aged!" I was not aware until she pointed it out---now!!! argghhhhh

Suppose we cannot turn back time but we make the most of how kind age has been to us!

Just found my lost tweezers so off to pluck out those white eyebrows!

TWEETSohnothink i am goingintocrisismode--not! XXX
 moraima
Msg: 87
view profile
History
funny body changes
Posted: 4/21/2007 5:49:29 AM
Curse small print on anything, especially the phone books.
 fillup34
Msg: 89
funny body changes
Posted: 4/26/2007 3:29:50 PM
that is really amazing! how do you think she is doing that? oh,well i think the same thing about the old man in my mirror, but i am not going to let him get the best of this deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when i get the chance i am going to squash him -----------phillip
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 90
funny body changes BIG MAC???
Posted: 4/26/2007 3:41:48 PM
What the heck os a Big MAC??? Geeze Looeeze! Call it as it is.
 ruby2sday06
Msg: 91
funny body changes- Damn That Witch
Posted: 4/26/2007 3:47:49 PM
I am very encouraged. strangely. I have been hiding away for a long time now. Suicidal at times. Thinking I am a freak because all the men who turn me away because I am not Barbie. Hmm...Then what really IS the reason the won't stay? Should I load the gun? Or is there hope for a future..even to be haooy with myself? Somehow I think this is all a big freaking joke, I'm tired. Thanks for all the fun.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > funny body changes