Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why Is It So Hard To Find A Honest Faithful and Caring Guy these days?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TxRandie512
Msg: 1
Why Is It So Hard To Find A Honest Faithful and Caring Guy these days?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Why is it so hard for the last few good girls to find a good guy? Us few good girls dont cheat are honest and loyal? I am just curious because i am 19 years old and have been fucced over by every guy. I have never cheated, was always loyal, and honest, always checked in, and happy and genuine and caring. My man was always taking care of but for some odd reason the always shit on me? WHY? i just want to meet a man i can take care of and he actually appreciates it. And makes me feel wanted and loved.
 easygdog
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why Is It So Hard To Find A Honest Faithful and Caring Guy these days?
Posted: 2/16/2006 11:27:47 PM
Your very young only 19, so much time ahead of you to worry about getting so serious with a great guy....But if that is what you really want; find someone that you can be friends first and build on that. If that person becomes a true friend that wouldn't hurt you as a friend, they probably wouldn't as your lover.
 redviking
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:15:26 AM
To quote the standard response that guys get on here when they post topics like this, "stop whining already... you're obviously not a "good girl", you're just an insecure whining loser".

Now, to really answer you're question... it's the same reason decent guys sometimes wonder if the entire female population can really be such a waste of time or if there actually ARE a few of those "mythical" nice girls left!
 Trot22
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2006 1:06:21 PM
Because no woman wants a nice good guy..
 catman40
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/18/2006 1:59:44 PM
I am finding it hard to find a woman the same way . I am NOT about to go into bar and say " any woman want me " Mind you I may get alot of woman that way BUT , not the type I want . I am looking for one who likes to dress down on weekends . no cares until monday . would enjoy her boyfreind on weekends and evenings . NOW . I am in wisconsin . any woman want to come here .
 4Suns3
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2006 9:14:55 PM
I'm 43 & I haven't been able to find a decent guy either!
 Quack
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:43:31 AM
Why you ask, the same reason we men cant seem to find it.
1. The men you want dont have these qualities, and the ones you dont do.

2. Be honest with yourself, these are not the qualities you are looking for at first, the first ones are looks and bulid. Got to have an attraction, with ut it nothing more will happen.

3. For you it will be alot harder since you are young, guyys at your age are not looking to settle down, but they are looking to just have fun, and heck they can always get another girl.

Alot of us have standards we are not willing to go lower than. There are a lot of great men/women out there that are single, but not everyone is willing to give them a chance. People seem to think that fat people belong together, skinny people belong together, and well you get the picture. When you really decide that what you want is a man/woman with qualities, and where looks and build dont really matter, then you will have a much easier time finding the one that will love you for you,and be faithful forever. This is a hard point to get too, for men and women.
 ROBGORE
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:58:20 AM
OMG your only 19,you have your whole life ahead of you,just be carefull,cause there are woman out there as well as guys that do the same thing,,just be carefull.
 ROBGORE
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:02:59 AM
See comments like that ,beware,
 ROBGORE
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:03:40 AM
If you choose to use forums,for your grevences you can be banned
 chippy4u
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:14:04 PM
I think you are maybe too giving and loving. I know that sounds wierd but there is a saying, "treat em mean and keep em keen"
I have had partners in the past that I have adored, spoilt them in everyway I could, but for some reason a lot of people, NOT ALL, think that you will be around no matter what, so they can step out of line, have a bit on the side, or just keep you at arms length when they want. Anyway, my advice is maybe hold a little back, don't let them know that you really think the sun shines out of thier bum.

Remember "keep em keen"
 wiserd
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:46:44 PM
I'm curious, did you set out to find a guy who was honest and faithful? Or did you find a guy you liked, get screwed over, and then ask "Why wasn't he honest and faithful. I treated him well!" Those are two different games.

Most guys your age are just out for sex. Sorry, but it's true. Be careful and don't be too trusting. And remember, you can never trade self respect or standards for love. It's like throwing your fishing pole in the water and hoping that a fish will jump into your boat in exchange.

Just my 2 cents.
 calgal42002
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/26/2006 3:37:06 PM
Cause they dont exist!
 evdogg
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/26/2006 4:08:27 PM
I think the only reason it is hard for a woman to find an honest and faithful guy is because she is too busy looking for the "bad boy" type. You know, the one that is going top treat her like crap and use her. I am a good guy and just this weekend met a good woman who wanted a good man and then out of the blue she tells me I am not the man for her after a whole weekend of intimacy. I wish I knew that ahead of time. i am so damn tired of having my heart broken. Us good guys are out there. You just have to know where to look and what to look for.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why Is It So Hard To Find A Honest Faithful and Caring Guy these days?