Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date an ex-con???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nghtshft
Msg: 2
Would you date an ex-con???Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
What was the crime....would make the difference for me....
 Nghtshft
Msg: 3
Would you date an ex-con???
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:24:13 AM
@Nice....great minds think alike.....
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:31:22 AM
Agree aswell you would defently have to KNOW their story and KNOW them better before
getting to serious with the person rather the ex con being an female or a male, but if it was ove something small and that was not dangerous or killing somebody then it would all depend.

And i kind of agree aswell if somebody had all those "qualities" what caused them to become an ex con in the first place esp if you KNEW them in some way's but, not litterly knowing what they did or how the became an ex con.

But what's in the past should be left in the past and focus on the future
and that's with anybody you take a, chance on being with no matter background
or past love life.
 UrbanMyth
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/18/2006 5:24:55 PM
Depends on what the crime was. My viewpoint is this, almost everyone has done something dumb in their lives, the majority of them didn't get caught or had the police called on them. So again, depends on the crime. I say anything involving violence or sex against kids, that might be another story, unless you have no kids and no plans of it, give that person a chance...If I met Mrs. Right (hhahahah..hahahha...hahahhahaha..lol..oh that was funny) and she has spent some time in jail..I'd just let it go.
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:55:26 PM
"BUT the man that I met would not be capable of something like that"

The man you met was capable of doing a hedious crime.He did the crime, so he got the time. Is someone else still suffering today because of his crime? Why would anyone take a plea for something you tell us is a hedious crime unless there was some truth to the story. Your question was would we still care for this person. We can't just stop ourselves from caring about someone, but we can decide not to continue to have a relationship with them.
You seem to be wasting a lot of thought and energy about this situation when you are not even in a committed relationship with the man.
I do believe someone can and should be able to pay their debt to society.Too often society will not allow them too. People do not tend to forget when others committ hedious crimes. One reason for this is due to the high rate of repeat offenders.

As for the comment someone else posted "what's in the past should be left in the past and focus on the future" , that is hard to do when in a relationship with a convicted felon. He is and always will be a convicted felon. That does affect your future.

And my "unasked" for opinion on your situation is our opinions will not alter or help you make your decision in anyway. The decision will be based on wheather he calls you back. I am sure when/if he does, you will go running to his "Hot Bed" again.
There is just something charming about these "bad guys" that some women can't resist. They do tend to make such good lovers.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:17:19 PM
I guess if we want POSTIVE or GOOD oppion's from people who's been through same situration's or is dateing has dated an ex con, we should have posted "would you ever date, an ex con?" (applys ONLY to people who are not going to, have negitive comments toward's, eachother or has been through this.)

Hey learning2 nice see you dropping by sometime's these
thread's can be OUT of this WORLD with so much hate,
and coldness toward's one another.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:20:16 PM
X23... true and there are alot of DIFFERENT reason's
why somebody is or has became, an ex con.

we can't always assume it was because of
haveing sex, with underage girl's or killing
somebody.

And you'r right as long as you two get along and feel
same way toward's one, another why should our background's
matter.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:32:22 PM
all I got to say is,"here kitty,kitty" More women like kittykitty and damn I won't have to die and go to heaven! Most women are pretty forgiving as long as yur honest about everything from the beginning.I know some women that won't date a guy if he has ever been arrested. That's a cheap shot. Some people get arrested cause they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and the wrong cop showed up;THERE!
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:05:52 PM
You are very welcome i know we can NOT force anybody else to feel
and think same way as we do but, nobody should change one's oppion
on any situration that is occouring right now.

And if you are or have lived in this type of realtionship or life than you
know from YOUR experience what it, is truly like because nobody know's
what it is like for you and your "better half" because they are not around
you 2 or even know yall's story.

People can change and some people don't wan't to but i do not
see the point in bashing gays/lesbians/con's/anybody else just,
because they have made some bad choice's and chosen different
road's.

"X23" you seem like an down to earth kind of guy and who bascily
look's, OUTSIDE the box when you do not know the whole story or
the REAL reason why the person spent some time in prison/jail.

Broken_Soul
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:37:40 PM
Thank you it's funny because "broken_soul" is what i feel like half the time, and here lately people i guess have really NOTICEd the screen name. lol
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:51:41 PM
You are correct and i agree they are PEOPLE aswell and we should, remember that
and look beyond their fellon's they have made. They did their time and they served their
time for the crime's they commited and we should leave it as that.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:08:56 PM
<---like badboys to lol i mean life is to SHORT to, acturly find a guy
who has NEVER made mistake's or never even been introuble with the
law or in trouble period.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:24:18 PM
which web site can I buy " I am a poison" on. Lord,cute and doesn't hold back if you have a record. My opinion,we can't even judge "what" they did wrong as much as if they are still doin it. We've all been thru the bad times and most of us have made it out,so let's make it a new day TODAY!!! I'm so tired of people that think they are perfect when they have all kinds of skeletons in the closet. Be real,and it'll be o.k.Lie about your life and it'll come back and haunt you (Jimmy Swaggart,Clinton,Nixon ),and so on.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:34:18 PM
lickalot

very true lol we ALL have a BAD past and a BAD, background
rather it being with law or being an ex con.

and this song come's to mind when i read the part about,
how we all have skeleton's in the closet.

That song by Eminem cleaning out my closet
 iamtheone39
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:25:06 PM
It's like my username,Brokensoul, some women get offended by it, but it's about me,and what I like. I guess those women wish my username was Bambirunninginthefields or GodlovedleaveittoBeaver, c'mon people, get REAL!!!
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:34:58 AM
Way to go....dirtygirlxxx wanted say sorry for what happend with you and i wanted to thank you for takeing the time to write me back in the email, when i wrote you.

hope you get you'r stuff back and you are doing alright.

from an friend.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:08:48 AM
5year's?.. bascily saying that person could be out for good behavior in 5year's if they
don't screw up while they are locked up?.. "philo"
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/23/2006 10:15:25 PM
philo.....

thank's for the reply i am still "new" to the world of ex con's and if they
haven't gotten introuble since they, became an "ex con" in another state,
how long they could be in jail if they got arrested for an open container
and an weapon in the state they live in now.

if they had an record of being an convicted fellon.

(if you would like to know the reason behind of askin, just write me in pof mail.)
(to personal...)
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:04:19 PM
Yeah i agree with you "august" i would say what's really on my mind but like we all know there will be "hate/judgement" following after what i would have said but yeh... i know some GOOD people who are sitting in jail right now who, has an history being an ex con "convicted fellon".

And it's not right for somebody who's not like MOST ex con's to be judge like the "bad" one's are being judge i mean everybody make's mistake's but whatever happend to forgive and forget?, especialy if its over small thing's that you'r in jail for.?
 dreamer3269
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:50:30 PM
Wow!! folks in this forum sure do know how to judge, I say if he has paid his debt to society he deserves another chance untill he proves otherwise. I Bet you run into people on any given week who have a clean record that are more wicked then he is, just because somdody has a clean record does not make them a saint.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:02:21 PM
I am dateing and fixing have a baby by an ex con who is locked up because of haveing an open container on him and an firearm but his crime happend in another state and to me i do not care about what he did in that, other state before we got togeather i love him for who he is not what he did in his past life.

And even if he had gotten into trouble down here and we was togeather i would not leave him just because he gotten into trouble when he lived in that other state doesn't change the way i feel, about him on the inside outside i love him for who he is not what hes done.

And i wish he was here right now so we could be a "family" again i would do anything to see him and be in his arm's and have our little one here with us instead of it just being me and our little one, wich should be here april the second.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:00 PM
that is true what they was IN for or have DONE to be labled as an ex con or anything worse than an ex con i wish some of these "women" (so called) would have to walk one day in an ex cons shoes or in an sex offenders shoes or anything worse than, that because then THEY would truly know what it is like for THAT PERSON maybe then they wouldn't "bash" and "hate" people before knowing what really happend.
 jwandtw
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/9/2006 7:13:06 AM
my x is and it hase turnded her life around and NOT for the better
 Skittles32
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/9/2006 10:07:16 AM
Well, if the ex-con was a nice hot lady who killed every boyfriend she had, the YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/19/2006 7:41:17 PM
My ex husband and my ex fiance are both ex cons....and they BOTH owe me money ($5000.00 and $11,000.00) , both have been in trouble with the law since. Both were money crimes......

In all honesty.......

Not a clue....if he was Mr Right in everyway but that ?

Tough question.....I think I agree with some of the posters. All depends what the crime was.

My best friend killed a cop when he was 21. I met him when he was 46, been out for a few years. He's a great guy but would I get in a relationship with him ? Highly doubtful.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date an ex-con???