Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you know when a man loves u?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WAdreamer
Msg: 1
How do you know when a man loves u?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
What are the signs that tell you "He is in love with me"? Is it different for different guys?

Or is it the same thing that sticks out in your mind that triggers it?

And please no responses like "Well he beats the hell outta me thats how I know"
 kindirishman
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do you know when a man loves u?
Posted: 2/18/2006 10:38:10 PM
There are many indicators that a man is in love with you. For instance:
1. He calls you every day
2. He seeks your approval for almost anything, especially clothing.
3. He tries his best to impress you every time he sees you.
4. He tells you seriously emotional and private things he wouldn't tell anyone about
5. He writes you little love notes.
6. He buys you a "permanent" gift such as a pet.
7. He devotes more time to you than he does his friends.
8. He feels comfortable enough to show his vulnerable side.
9. He may love you if he also wishes to have your parents' approval, and wants to get to know your family.
10. He takes you to meet his parents and relatives.
11. You overhear him saying amazing things about you to his friends when he thinks you aren't listening.
12. If he talks to for hours after making love.
13. If he can remember what you said a week ago. (shows he's paying attention, enough that he really cares about what you say)
14. He writes songs for you.
15. He makes you dinner and waits anxiously to see if you like it or not.

The list goes on and on. If you want more just ask :) I know a lot of these things are good indicators because these are some of the things I have done when I was in love. Been a while but I still remember how to show a person I love em. Cheers.
 UWantThis
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/18/2006 10:54:22 PM
If he is willing to be with you in a long-term comitted relationship without sex, then that would be a very good indicator. If a man truely loves a woman, he will love her for her personality and the way she makes him feel when she is with him or even talks to him. He should be content with just being able to share time with her, hold her in his arms, and essentially being together. If he isn't, then he probably isn't in love with her.
 kindirishman
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2006 10:57:37 PM
Precisely UWantThis. Another excellent point. And as for men saying they love you..........uh well...........not all of them mean it. Some feel pressured into saying it. Or say it to get into your pants. You can't really believe that until you see all the other indications first nicomanti.
 fubar1374
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/18/2006 11:31:33 PM
when you throw up and your to sick to clean it up so he does
when he argues with the cashier over the price check being incorrect on the tampons!
when you burn the food and he eats it anyway
when he makes sure you have the nicer car and he settles for the junker!
and finally when u tell him you dont feel like swallowing so he lets you know when hes gonna come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao but if this last one happens often the love fades a little!!!
 umm1
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:09:18 PM
don't go by what he says......

its in his actions you will know
 lifes~crash~test~dummy
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:51:25 PM
every guy is different, you will know it when you see it....
 kermancutie
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:36:27 PM
I just go by that song "When A Man Loves A Woman"
 Anahi90255
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 7:29:21 PM
None of those things that are listed I have experienced. The only thing that I have experienced is meeting his daughter and him just not letting go of me when I have tried to end the relationship. What does that tell u??
 masonthehammerstanley
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/2/2008 7:44:12 PM
When a maaaaaaan loves a woman...
She can do no wroooonggggg

When a maaaaan loves a woman...
sleep out in the rain
if she said that's the way, it ought to be

When a maaaaaaan loves a woman....

Ok, I'm done now, sorry bout that
 Part-Time SUPERTRAMP
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/2/2008 7:46:26 PM
he will tell you and when he tells you, you will believe it without a doubt.
 kathy411
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/2/2008 7:52:04 PM
I never needed to hear it .. I just knew. I don't know how; all I know is that there was no doubt and the words were not necessary to prove it.
 ^^Batgirl^^
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/2/2008 8:06:25 PM

and finally when u tell him you dont feel like swallowing so he lets you know when hes gonna come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, schmove.

Better gimme some warning big guy.

^^BG^^
 mommasays
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/2/2008 8:33:51 PM
everyone expresses they love in different forms:

1- words
2- he spends lots of time with u
3- he gives lots of gifts
4- he does things for you
5- he likes touching you a lot

but then any nut can do all these things

what choices is he making daily??? actions speak
 mr. dynomite
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/2/2008 9:26:58 PM

He gets a boner.

*shwiiiiingg*

Goddess of dreams
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/29/2008 6:51:01 AM
I am still not sure.....................the scary thing is ....the beginning of love is very scary because if he is scared he expects you to make the first move even if you've already have given the signals........then when things are happening most try their hardest to impress..........but the sad thing for most guys is then they forget you exist.

Re message 3:

There are many indicators that a man is in love with you. For instance:
4. He tells you seriously emotional and private things he wouldn't tell anyone about
9. He may love you if he also wishes to have your parents' approval, and wants to get to know your family.
11. You overhear him saying amazing things about you to his friends when he thinks you aren't listening.
13. If he can remember what you said a week ago. (shows he's paying attention, enough that he really cares about what you say)

The list goes on and on. If you want more just ask :) I know a lot of these things are good indicators because these are some of the things I have done when I was in love. Been a while but I still remember how to show a person I love em. Cheers.

You and poster 20 are one in a million................hope that's not what you do initially and then forget she exist....................if you don't then I wish you find someone who will love you as much.
 Maggie 132
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/29/2008 7:28:35 AM
OMG ...Mr Dynomite .....thanks I am laughing ..
 kathy411
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:29:11 AM
he sticks around even after he figures out that it wasn't the dog farting.
 MissPriss
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:35:54 AM
i don't know. i know one man who does and says things that act like he is in love, but when asked ... deny deny deny. do you go by what they do, or what they say?
 misogynist
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:51:12 AM
He starts becoming insecure, because he is afraid of you leaving, and doesn't understand how someone as amazing as you would want to be with a guy like him.

He starts deferring everything to you, trying to do everything in his power to please you, and has mini panic attacks when you come across as unhappy. Your happiness becomes far more important to him than his.

But of course, at this point, you start seeing him as a door mat, and a spineless wuss, and dump him. He eventually learns after repeating this over & over to never show that he loves her, and to always treat her like he couldn't care if she stays or goes, and then she'll stick around.

Oh well, love is cruel.
 woterlily
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/29/2008 11:15:24 AM
Good question... I have no clue, I experienced 90% of the mentioned list but am still single!!
He made a lot of promises, he made efforts in welcoming me when I'm back from travelling...etc Basically, he over-promised and I was left burnt and bruised.

uhoh, mee pointers are broken... no clue whether sum1 likes, loves me or not...
he may have to announce it on national tv
 OutMind
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:02:16 PM

That's not love, that's turning clingy.
 Larissan04
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:07:14 PM
Kind Irish Man~

yes... those are all good things... but you forgot my favorite thing...my absolute favorite thing that i saw a man in love do...

Tom cruise... he jumped up and down on oprah's couch on television out of love for katie. now, so many people think this was crazy... and it was... but love has made people do crazier things... this one was sweet...

so too me... that' s one way of knowing if he loves you...

would he jump up and down on oprah's couch for you on national television, subjecting himself to the desparaging comments of a bitter jaded and jilted world...

lar
 urbanpleasant
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:26:06 PM
acting like an idiot isnt necessarily, the surest proof. I often act the fool , not in love just silly.

The only sure test. look into the eyes, if you cant tell, for sure. It aint there.
 SummerWheatley
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/29/2008 6:37:32 PM
kindirish~ I love your list and will not settle for less. I don't think it's clingy at all, except for #2. The only thing I would say is that many men do these things in the very beginning of a relationship when they're only infatuated. Most of 'em come on hot and heavy and then just fade away.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you know when a man loves u?