Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > do you look like your pictures?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 2
do you look like your pictures?Page 1 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
My pics are funny... they are all me and all taken in the last couple weeks to a year... the last person I met off here said I did look like my pics... but at different times different pics... I have goofy pics... I have normal pics... I have my attempt at sexy pics... this is so someone can see all of who I am... my many moods...

I have met 3 men from here... all looked like their pics... I have met many people from other sites... and for the most part people do look like pics... the ones who don't I think don't really expect to meet people....
 Old Fish
Msg: 4
view profile
History
do you look like your pictures?
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:24:29 AM
I've been told I've lost weight... so it time to update them
 kristelkicksass
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/19/2006 12:22:06 PM
I've always been told I look exactly like my pictures; if I meet someone from online I never have to tell them what color shirt I'm wearing for them to know it's me. There was one guy I met that didn't look a thing like his picture though....turns out it was taken while he was in high school (and he is now age 29.) The only time I am told I look better or different from my pictures is when I girl it up and put on some makeup.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:16:05 PM
This is a loaded thread, do you really expect anyone to say "nope I look nothing like my pictures?" I'm sure THAT would help them get dates.

After a while, you get good at analyzing pictures and figuring out who will surprise you and who won't (assuming the pics aren't ten years old). Red flags are pics that are fuzzy, dark, overexposed, wearing a hat or sunglasses, studio portraits with lots of makeup and professional lighting, headshots - almost guaranteed these people are going to look far different in person.

I went through a lot of effort to get a picture that was flattering but did look exactly like me. I don't want anyone to be surprised in person. We've all been on dates where in the first 10 seconds we see they don't look like the picture and we want to run screaming.

I never want to put someone in that position. There are far better positions I'd like to put my dates in ;-)
 simpledesi
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:28:08 PM
I like my picture bcz i know i m ok guy,but ppl think i m much better then picture in real
so its mean i look not very 100% in picture,lol
so gurl dont waste ur time on my picture come and c me live with music
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2006 11:26:16 AM
When I had only been on here for a couple weeks I met a guy and he said "You look exactly like your pic." I was like "Uhh..yeaaaaah...." Now that I have been on here a while I see what he was saying!!!

JJ

Tu_ez
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:12:55 PM
I really hope not. But if I'm that grainy in real life I hope there is a cream for that!

The gal pal who told me about this site said be very careful with the pix. Someone else said her's were cut & pasted onto another dating site by mischevious friends and a work aquaintance found them there (after she shut down POF).
 look in
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:58:15 PM
well my pics are all within 4 months, the one on my profile is vague as I choose it to be, other pictures posted have been seasonal, for fun showing personality, one picture in particular was definitely me looking like me. Those that know me have seen real, current pictures that I send in emails that are not cloudy or vague.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:46:08 AM
All my photos were taken last year from spring to fall...
I will take more this year and replace the older ones...
I think it is only fair that we keep our photos up to date...
It is only fair and honest in my opinion...
GOOD LUCK & have fun
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/21/2006 1:58:43 PM
I've been told I look better in person as well..still not quite sure how to take that hmm!
 Cubano
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:03:27 PM
My pictures are part of who I am. Most of the time I like myself..every now and then I curse myself out. Some goes with my pictures :)
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:01:00 PM
Wow, this thread is proving the #1 complaint about internet dating TOTALLY wrong - that most people do not look like their pictures!

Apparently, everyone either looks exactly like or better than their pictures.

What planet are all those OTHER people from??

Why do I think we'd see a very differnet response if the title of this thread was "how many of your DATES have looked like their pictures?"
 green beetle
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:32:33 PM
My picture looks exactly like the person that appears in the mirror everyday, so I sure hope its me.
 stoneside
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:13:53 PM
I'm told I look nothing like my pictures. My pic's aren't old, and I'm told I don't look better or worse than my pic's in person, but they look nothing like me
 mft
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/22/2006 5:33:31 AM
Most people look better in person. It's always gonna be hard to imagine what someone really looks like in person if they only post one picture. A good way to show yourself is to have at least 3 pics ranging 4-5 years past to present.
 michieme
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 8:26:19 PM
I love taking pictures, you can say that I am photogenic, so it's all good. I dont think there is a reason to lie about one's appearance, because you are just lying to yourself. :-)

But I should say that I dont have my hair briaded now, it's out, but that isnt a huge difference, since I have posted up some new pics.

Mojo_LA
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:32:38 AM
So where are all the people that DON'T look like their pictures?

You know... the ones we meet on 4 out of 5 dates?

According to this thread, everyone on this site looks just like or BETTER than their pictures!
 crystalise
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/25/2006 2:39:37 AM
I have met half a dozen people over the net in the past few years and each and all of them said "you look just like your photos". At first I wondered why anyone would bring this up, to my mindset I was thinking, [ well doesnt everyone??] OF course that was then and I was a little niave on the internet dating thing....now after reading so many POF forums and meeting someone once who did not look like their photo, I get it !! But yes, I have been told by everyone I've met that I do.
 crystalise
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/25/2006 2:42:47 AM
mojoLA

So where are all the people that DON'T look like their pictures?

as if anyone who was putting up deceptive photos is gonna come clean in a public forum on the very site they are trying to pass off those photos on

[ ok I am now waiting for THAT to be proven wrong......]
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:12:37 AM
Exactly, which is why this thread is a little on the pointless side.
 ColdHeartedBastard
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:58:48 AM
Not really. I try to avoid looking like my pics; Who could possibly look that ugly and not wanna put themselves outta their misery!?
 ca1angel
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/25/2006 5:15:59 AM
@CRYSTAL
lol ya know its funny but posting fake pics isn't again't the POF rules unless its got a clear copywrite on it. So admitting it when you aren't planning on meeting anyone from here anyway wouldn't really do anything to the user. At worse they'd get ridiculed online (big whoop) and either:

-lay low for awhile and then post a new picture, or
-delete current profile ID and create a new one and no one would be the wiser

And those are only assuming the confessor was concerned enough. But your right, if someone's going to the trouble of faking, they aren't going to admit it just because someone asked "are those pics real?" Of course the faker is simply going to tell you what you want to hear.
 crystalise
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:18:26 PM
c1angel - yep know what you are talking about

no fake pictures are not against the rules on anysite and besides, how could you test for that anyway if you are administrating a website...and so it becomes one of the 'things to look out for' Amongst others ...
 Brish
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:30:13 PM
I don't look anything like my pictures! ;-)

Brish
 cindylouwho1
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:42:04 PM
Yeah if they are going on a date or planning on it, then putting up some youthful picture of what they used to look like is kinda redundant. These people having an aging phobia and haven't come to grips with it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > do you look like your pictures?