Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Fizzle Factor...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HB_Doug
Msg: 2
The Fizzle Factor...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Reality....the virtual world can only exist for so long without the real world...same problems with long distance relationships...make a phone call ASAP... and a date....also
 stoneside
Msg: 3
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:33:46 AM
Yes, more than a few times. Kids in a candy store effect
 who_the_fox
Msg: 4
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:13:53 PM
Because there is always someone hotter, closer, easier
 Bandito
Msg: 5
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:16:44 PM
Does it happen always at the same point?

I know as soon as I compliment the person on their delicious looking, perky, boobies the e-mail stops dead
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 7
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:32:38 PM
That might have been me.
Sometimes I get up nerve to try again, post a profile and then either change my mind or get some creepy email and quickly delete it.

:)

sorry
 Bandito
Msg: 8
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:45:56 PM
@kristelkicksass...you are very funny
 HB_Doug
Msg: 10
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:25:22 AM
(going a bit off topic, bit I think its also a bit pertinent)

A friend of my has a theory for the real world -

"a relationships lasts a solid 14 months" - he says that biologocally - we are wired up to get attracted long enough to someone else in order to create babies - and then if there is no baby - the bond sort of (bio - chemically speaking anyway ) disolves

Maybe everything just happens faster in cyberspace. Attraction - love icon - boredom - bye
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 13
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 12/10/2011 4:36:43 PM
Then there was the one who claimed he owned a well-known restaurant/bar/hotel (uh huh).

You didnt even let that test of reality unfold?

OOOOoooooops.

YOU may have missed out on a great thing, by simply "not believing"; and without due diligence!?

Note to self and others: Keep unbelievably great, or non mediocre, things about yourself under wraps.

There are Plenty of Fish in the sea though

Lotsa parasites too.

And crabs!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 15
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 12/10/2011 5:50:36 PM
I own Chevron and Wal-Mart? Because I do you know. LOL And I also own JetBlue Airlines too

Oooo goodie; I would love to fly to Costa Rica over this winter.

Crab tastes good, ever had crab dip?Also some parasites are actually good for you. All about how you choose to percieve life really.

:)

I respectfully digress.

(Now Im hungry fo the shrimp in my freezer too btw)

Thanks alot buddy; I was planning on saving those ;P

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 16
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 12/10/2011 9:08:06 PM
The "fizzle" especially makes me shake my head in semi-wonder when it is the man who initiates contact and keeps it going until . . . nothing, nada, no "Sorry, guess I am not interested after all." I kinda think that in these cases, my disinterest shows and they pick up on it.

But I recently contacted a man who WAS very excited. He lived in a city where a relative lives and asked me when I was going to visit. After a few days of emails, poof! Ah, come on! I am a mature woman and all I want is a "good-bye"--I am mature enough to say "this isn't working," but I guess it is too much to expect others to do the same.
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 17
view profile
History
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 12/10/2011 9:53:37 PM

Then there was the one who claimed he owned a well-known restaurant/bar/hotel (uh huh).

I'm curious, how did you know he was lying about this? Was the place well known enough to have famous owners of whose identities you were aware of?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 20
The Fizzle Factor...
Posted: 12/11/2011 6:18:32 AM

I just get bored very quickly; after 2/3 emails- I'll totally know if there's "enough" there to go further with it. Most of the time, there's not. Nothing to do with "greener grass' just, looking for someone who's more suitable for me.

I agree, but if there have been a few emails, I feel that it is good form to let the other person know that you are terminating the conversation.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Fizzle Factor...