Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > what do u think of a single dad...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chris54
Msg: 2
what do u think of a single dad...Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
hi jr5180 , i know what you are saying. being a single dad myselfi find it hard to get a date. eitherim too nice or they are looking for some type of security.at times i think having a child intimidates some women . id like to know also , what are womens views on a single dad?
 smutt531
Msg: 5
view profile
History
what do u think of a single dad...
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:24:14 PM
man,i have 2 boys 7 and 10.there all boy.the good laidies i meet they say its to much to handle.yea its a little tough for a woman.to come in and see there othere side you know.so laidies ,what do you think of a single dad?i like this topic.
 happygal_28
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 9:19:30 PM
Single dads - extra devoted to their kids, extra responsible, extra "in tune". This meaning single dads who are actually raising their kids and not using the label while the kids are really in mom's custody 95% of the time. Any guy who does the primary raising or the actual shared custody arrangement - hats off to you!!! I have so much respect and admiration for you!!!! I would go out with a single dad before a single 'guy' any day. IF the guy was right for ME his kids would just be a BONUS.
 single_lonely_dad
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:27:36 PM
think of a what?.....haha...just kidding....mind you i do have my own opinions on this subject obviously. I for one didnt think i could do it when i took custody of my troubled teen daughter , then had that be the excuse for my second wife to leave me.So i do think single dads have it tough.....just my opinion
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:36:47 AM
Single dads are great and i think it shows just how much they acturly LOVE their kid's to
wan't to be around them all the time and have them in their live's, even if their realationship didn't work out between the parents.

I can not wait until this baby come's out mood swings are the worse but anyway's i think single dad's should get just as much credit as a single mom does because they BOTH work extreamely hard, to provide for their kid's.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:38:15 PM
loyaltootsies....

Your not sure of who's situration?

Sorry i am just now on the fourm's
been busy, helping my mom and them.
(7:39pm)
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:01:56 PM
fristknight...

don't think it's because you have a child or its because
you'r a single dad i find it hard aswell and my child is not
even, born yet and it's still hard just being an single pregnant
woman.

i hope the best turns out for you and
you'r little,one well 7year old.
 bluedew
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/28/2006 2:24:27 PM
I have no problem dating single dads, actually find it comforting, when moms ditch kids with dad says a lot for the father, raising children is hard work for either, but when girls involved I think it's tougher on the dads, think about it moms, teenage girls.
Absolutely nothing wrong with single dads.
 bluedew
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:35:00 PM
Too many angry and hurt single parents, so was I, for about a week or two, took time to look at myself and realized as long as I'm mad at ex, he's still pulling my strings, why waste the energy. No support, oh well, had to work more, oh well, my daughter loves me, thats swell.
Have I met anybody, no, looking, not really, wasn't ready, move at my own speed, seen others rush into relationships, who gets hurt, the kids.
You have to be mentaly prepared for a new start, figure out what's most important, realize you may be blending families, set guidelines, compromise, be realistic.
Now I'm ready, as I'm a single mom a single father would be welcome, advantages, hopefully you both get it, it takes work on behalf of both.
 single_lonely_dad
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:19 PM
single dads sexy?..damn i should try that angle......bring my daughter to places just so women will talk to me.....hmmmm.....i like that...awsome idea..lol...anyhow... single parents rock....male or female.
andthe ones that do it with no help from the ex or sperm donor or incubator have my kudos. keep up the hard and loving work.
I would do it all over again to have my daughter with me and exactly the way she is ..now.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:12:28 PM
single_lonely_dad...

that is very sweet and honest of you,
to say seems like now days the men are,
better parent than the moms.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:02:05 PM
Hello... fluffers!

seem's like to me that your child is the ONLY thing you think of and if you didnt think about your child or even care you would not try as hard as you are now to even see him wich seem's like you really, do care about him and wan't to see him every chance you get at least she could try to understand your point.

because some men would do anything and everything to see their child and would not care what they had to give up just so they, could be around their child to me a child is the most imporant person in anybody life and should ALWAYS come first before anybody else's need's.

i wish you the best of luck on your situration.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:04:10 AM
hunibubbles...

I will agree with you and your speaking the truth single dads need to know tho
that they are not alone and that there are some of us, single moms/women who
would not mind giveing them the chance and its just not because of their kids.

Broken_Soul
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:49:51 PM
Maybe so who know's but it seems like the women on this thread are not afraid of a single dad and some are willing to, give a single dad an chance every thought about makeing a thread that is about, single mom/dad in La/Ky/FLA/etc...?

For Example:

Single mom seeking Single dad who lives in state of La between the ages of 18-50(w/e)
if, intrested write to me on an email and lets take it from there.

Single dad seeking Single mom who lives in (your state) between the ages of 18-40 (or w/e)
if, intrested write to me on an email and lets take it from there.

Ps, Only reply if your serious about meeting and not just playing head games!

Just An Example!
 melissa85
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/6/2006 12:32:22 PM
i just wanted to say that i wish there were guys like you in my area, i would date a single dad in a heartbeat. i am a single mom and i find it hard to find a man that will accept me and my daughter especially in my age group.
 mountainfun3
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:08:57 PM
I'm Asingle dad had to take them away from their mother 2boys 7/8 1girl 6.
their was hitting all time finely I divorecd her.
 barnatic
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/25/2006 9:32:55 PM
i must of missed this one but i`ll put my 2 cents in now lol

i`m a single dad of 3 kids, 2 boys 10 and 7 my daughter is 4. and i find it so hard for a women to even look at me or even say hi after i make eye contact. so where are all the ladies who like single dads?

mike
 bluedew
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/25/2006 10:48:00 PM
Right here, keep looking. There seems to be a lot of us who like and appreciate single dads.
Hiding the fact you have kids, not good, I used to do that and the person I was seeing said no thanks, not raising someone elses, should have told me from the beginning.
You don't have to introduce your kids to a casual relationship, but don't hide the fact if your a full time parent.
 REDNECK_COUNTRYGIRL
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/27/2006 10:05:28 PM
I BELIVE IT IS AWSOME FOR A MAN TO BE A SINGLE FATHER AND RAISE HIS KIDS, I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3 BOYS AND ARE ALL BOY! SO I KNOW HOW IT IS, I WOULD RATHER DATE A MAN WITH KIDS BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT IT TAKES AND HOW HARD IT IS, PLUS BEING A FULL TIME JOB. I BELIVE YOU CAN SHARE A DEEPER MORE SOULFUL RELATIONSHIP SHARING THAT YOU BOTH HAVE KIDS TO RAISE, AND TO MAKE A LIFE FOR THEM ALL. I FING IT HARD TO GET RESPONSES HAVING 3 SONS, MOSTLY THEY WANT TO TALK ABOUT SEX AND ONE NITE STANDS.
SO GOD BLESS ALL THE SINGLE FATHERS OUT THERE... KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB...MY SONS DADS ARE NOT THERE FOR THEM.
 sly848484
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/30/2006 7:26:55 PM
i am a single father of three ....1boy and 2girls....my boy is 6 and my girls are 9 and11 i am 39years old my kids havent seen or heard from there mother in over 5 years ...i find that most women my age are not intrested in a man my age that have children as young as mine... my kids are my whole world and if women cant understand that i have children then thats ok becouse .i love my children ...so remember if you have children then you have all the love you will ever need ...dont get me wrong ...but if the right women come along i would date her but i cant ever see that happening .....kids first women later ...good luck to you and your son ......jeferey
 amyinky73
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/1/2006 6:39:28 PM
you know what? dont let all of those selfish women obscure your view on real women. myself,being divorced and a mom of two girls,i would love to meet a good father and a man who loves children. we arent all bad,i promise.you will have luck when the time and woman is right.i promise.good luck,amy
 grkgrl
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:17:17 PM
I wish you didn't live all the way in California. Maybe we coulda' met each other. Good Luck, and God Bless you and your son!
 barnatic
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:12:59 AM
i`m a single dad and find it very hard to even talk to ladies. once they see kids they think your taken. maybe it`s my shyness. sorry i know it`s off topic but i think it fits in there some where
 shortmom44
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/12/2006 5:50:01 PM
Kudos to you and all the single dads and moms out there. We are making a difference in the world as we know it today. Keep you chin up and stand proud for what you believe in. Kids are a true blessing! Im a single parent and would not trade it. My girls are my life. Mrs. Right will come along someday. I have been waiting on Mr Right my whole life. Well at least the past 8 years. He will find me and she will find you!
 ooollly
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/13/2006 2:42:35 AM
hello there
im a single mom and people run from me like i have the plage ...
i think that single dads are sexy ...
means that they are smart, responsiable, trustworthey(somewhat) , and have a head on thier shoulders ...
in my eyes they have earned brownie points off the hop
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > what do u think of a single dad...