Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Best places to meet people after 45      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Best places to meet people after 45Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Ok, I would date more if I met more people my age who were single. Nominations for best places to meet people after 45 now being accepted...
 sum1reel
Msg: 2
Best places to meet people after 45
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:36:36 PM
here are a few places:

1. the Laxative aisle of your local drug store

2. Bingo night at the senior's club

3. wheelchair race day at the senior center

4. pic-nic on the grounds of your nearby nursing home

RDtoo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:23:29 PM
No I'm far from being shy. Just thought that I would throw the question out. I do see alot of women around but it is kind of like wooP wooP's experience. They look at me defensively like I was thinking of grabbing their boobs or something.

Bad thing about the Detroit area is that all these women are into hockey. Seriously. I could care less about hockey. I'd rather go to Border's.
 RDtoo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:13:30 PM
Ok, I see alot of you women are wondering where the good guys are at. You see alot of us good guys are smokers and you put "no smokers" on your profile. Did it ever occur to you that we are only smokers because we are bored out of our minds?
 charlie_girl
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/23/2006 2:08:34 AM
Man of Ink-- great humor. And on the more serious side, you posted:
I speak to women who smile. For some reason, women my age do not smile much. They have a kind of pensive and calculating look as if waiting to defend themselves against a panhandler. So unless I have met someone online it is unlikely I will find anyone to speak with in the course of the day. There are specific venues for singles. Beyond those, it is slim pickings offline. I realize that women only smile at men they find attractive in the first place. To meet women my age I would probably go to a singles event of some kind, if not for the fact I don't go to those things.

I smile and not just to attractive men ... but hey, why not either way, usually get a return smile.

Grocery stores... forget about it. Most men are in a hurry, or are on their cell phones.
Lessons: Dance, golf, tennis, kayaking, archery, art, music, etc. The list is endless.
School: Take a college course either for credit or fun. Most of the students in the evening classes are adults sharing the same learning experience.
Clubs: Toastmasters, music, study, ski, tennis, golf, books, boats, etc. Again, the list is endless.
Sports--
Arts: Historical societies, music, little theater-- creative writing
POF
There are areas where you would find common interests with your own, but like I keep telling my younger brother, get out, get involved -- that special one is NOT going to come knocking on your door.
 charlie_girl
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/23/2006 2:17:04 AM
Twobits --
There isn't any place. In July I will be 46.

Invite us all out -- we'll have a grand time! Hey, lots of us have survived being 46, so can you.
 rocker48
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2006 10:29:54 AM
I'm a little over the 45 thing but in southern ontario we have pof parties almost every weekend. WE have party moderates who help anyone who wants to throw a party rocker
 charlie_girl
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:01:27 PM
Veedub:
meet a lot of hot-ass single older women at the local Presbyterian Church. The have Wednesday night singles night. Of course I'm not Christian, but it's a great target market. Women out-number the men. It helps to memorize a few little biblical passages before you go, just so you can talk the talk and get things started. Last week, I managed to get a little play back in the church rectory from this hot 41 year old nurse. Praise the Lord

OMG that was soooo funny!!! Thank you Veedub. So happy that you got your 'somthang, somethang" FINALLY and at church too! Guess that's the next best thing to having your union blessed! Maybe hell won't freeze over afterall as long as we have Veedub to warm things up a bit!
 charlie_girl
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/24/2006 9:49:03 AM
Auntie... I agree with you 100% and have stated so more than just a couple of times in these forums... this question comes up often. Thought I'd take a different tack, because I think one has to be interested and interesting-- learning and doing is part of life too, and bringing that part of one's self to any friendship/relationship is always a good thing. My opinion.

I am having a great time in my own life. I am happy and well-adjusted and know what I want and won't accept less. And like I've said before, I like that woman in the mirror.

I, like you, after I feel comfortable in meeting with him in the first place -- do not go to the meeting with any other expectations than to have a fun time and to enjoy getting to know the person I am with. And I don't email endlessly to get to that point. That's stupid. Get to that table... face-to-face. Find your answers to all those 20 questions then. And with absolutely NO PRETENSE, I try to do my part in making it a pleasant experience for us both. That way if it doesn't work... I don't feel my time was entirely wasted, I happen to think I learn something of value from everyone I meet.
And he shouldn't feel he wasted his time either. Both have feelings. And just like you say, it works! And if it does click. Then Wow! That's even better.

As I've stated several times in these threads with the same general question... my philosophy is, that if I'm not having fun and I can't laugh, then I move on.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/27/2006 9:45:11 PM
Have never met anyone in "real life"....just from online dating sites....and very very few of those.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/28/2006 1:39:01 AM
hondarider... I heard the same thing but I have no idea how to find out.. even thought I'm not a Wally World Princess...
 twochecks
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:11:02 PM
This singles night at Walmart started with their stores in Germany. I think they have it on Friday night and they increase the number of people in the store quite a bit. The experimen wa a sucess so they offered it in USA, Japan, England. The one in the USA was in Roanoke Virginai. Sorry if I misspelled that. It ran for about four weeks and then the company shut it down. They just anouncedthat they were ending it and did not give any reason why. I think it would be fun myself. They even had stations for shy people in certain parts of the store. Last I heard the 70 or so stores in Germany still have it.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/28/2006 4:54:40 PM
After reading the post above, I now understand why I never meet anyone. I am too broke and too hyperactive!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:29:27 PM
To me.. you need to be doing something you really enjoy when you meet a person therefore you know you have that in common. I would like to find a man while I'm camping with my horses because then I know he actually enjoys doing that and we would have that in common right off the bat.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:37:56 PM
I was told to just do what I love and that I will meet the right man

but then they qualified that by saying it couldn't be workingout!! So, guess I am sol
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:00:40 PM
hondarider, they are opening up a new Wal Mart close to where I live.. the only problem is I'm not a "wally world princess" LOL... but I guess for that kind of entertainment I would go!! LOL.. can you imagine the people literally LOOKING at all the people with little tags on their buggies.. it is just too funny to me...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:10:10 PM
I could maybe afford WalMart....but certainly no cruises.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:20:13 AM
Have no need or reason to go to Home Depot....(rent a tiny bachelor apt on a VERY temporary basis)..so when I shop it is La Senza or La Vie en Rose.

Unfortunately, not a lot of men in either store!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:47:14 PM
I'm totally into the Home Depot... even some of the guys who work there are hot and very very helpful!! I'm going to Lowes after work, need some "stuff".. If I don't find what I want, then I'll just cruise the isles and see if someone can "help me".. LOL... Yep, those DIY stores are the way to go. And don't even think you are going to run in and run out, I have to just look at stuff that I might want in the future. And men are usually helpful if they see a perplexed look on your face... oh yeah.. I can play dumb, act like I don't know what a hammer is.. even though I can do most of my own DIY projects.
 wahya
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 4:54:40 PM
Outside the funeral home, wait for the widow(er)?
 captnjimbo
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 7:49:35 PM
GOSH! And I've been looking in the boatyards! Hey, boats are referred to as "she".
 mishka99
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/20/2006 8:07:24 AM
Hey veedub, can you spell P.I.G. We relly don't want to hear your junk.
 wahya
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2006 8:57:25 AM
Reggie, I apologize for my attempt at humor.
 jn5218
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:23:37 PM
home depot and lowes are my second home. when one kicks me out, i go to the other
 ChillingRuby
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:15:16 PM
There are lots of single men at my nephew's sporting and school events, and walking my dogs at Dodge Park in Sterling Heights
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Best places to meet people after 45