Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Men with mustaches and/or beards, Why and what??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Barracuda
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Men with mustaches and/or beards, Why and what??Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
WELL, I'm not a huge fan...sometimes I'll get the goatee going...but the ONLY time I look good in a mustache, is when I put on some Aviators and a police uniform.
 Barracuda
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Men with mustaches and/or beards, Why and what??
Posted: 2/21/2006 6:34:52 PM
Hahaha, well personally I think mustaches are extremely out of date...and I can't see myself EVER getting one. I don't see why other guys need to. *shudders*

Goatee is as far as I'll go. Beard is WAYYYy too much
 Barracuda
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 6:41:52 PM
Haha well you're gonna stick with all natural?

That means FEMALE lip hair GROSS!!
Female underarm hair GROSS!!
Female leg hair GROSS!!

Let's NOT go all natural.
 Barracuda
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 6:49:49 PM
You mean....HAIRED women? Lol! I don't need to think about it...
 Barracuda
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:17:03 PM
Haha @ Red. Yeah we were just getting off topic. I know all women aren't Sasquach underneath all that Brazillian wax. Gotta love the off-topic-ness.
 ringfire29
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:17:04 PM
mine comes and goes. I wouldnt think that should be any sort
of deal breaker since it is very easy to fix to however you might
like it.
 Barracuda
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:19:55 PM
True dat. First impressions though...I like to get rid of the goat and go clean shaven.
 mft
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:33:41 PM
Damm. anenigma... I just tried to email you..but it said I was waaaaaaay over your age specs. Too bad for me.
 ringfire29
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:38:16 PM
I suppose if its really long, the guy prob aint gonna wanna chop it off :)
 acgoat
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:50:31 PM
Barracuda

I think the reason you think mustaches and beards are out of date is because your still a baby and havent matured to a point of having either one grow in full.

You dont see why other guys grow them,,,,,,,,, because they can.
Really, after having to shave everyday, maybe twice a day for a number of years, it gets old and its easier to let it grow in and trim it once a week.

I remember when i was your age, all that would grow was chinhairs and a wispy mustache
 acgoat
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:21:30 PM
anenigma

Over the years, just about always had a mustache, maybe full, maybe trimmed. Had beard about a foot long, had it chopped up, trimmed in most every configuration possible. My Facial hair grows fast ,so its easy to play with. Mine comes in very full, from high on checkbone to chest. Used to be reddishbrown,now coming in mostly gray with reddish highlights. Some of the styles have gotten interested attention from women, others not so much.

Now I grow it or trim it to please me at the time.
Just like you get your color from a bottle.
Personal preference, if at some time there is a woman that I really care for and she wants to touch skin, got no problem with that,,know there is good skin under this hair,LOL

My preference in hair concerning women, long brown to blue/black in color,FYI
 RDtoo
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:45:26 PM
I have been toying with the idea of shaving my mustache for the first time in over a decade. This thread convinced me.

By the way, what's a soul patch?
 acgoat
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:08:33 AM
alli-oop

grow that leghair and a full bush. the hair is soft anyway
any real man will still put his face in it and make you scream and wiggle
 RSwindol
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:20:25 AM
I have a goatee and like it a lot.

It not only covers a little scar that I have on the bottom of my chin, but it keeps me from looking like a kid. Women like it too when I...well, you know.

The facial hair fad that I don't quite understand is the micro-fine line beards guys wear that simply outline their lower jaw line. Some of them are so thin that I think the guys actually draw them on with an eyebrow pencil.
 charlie_girl
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:15:04 AM
Mustache or gotee type beard? VERY sexy!!!
 dceeeee
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/22/2006 9:24:18 AM
Okay, I'm going to 'blow' your theory that women don't like their men with hairy faces...(actually, I like them however they come..that isn't a deciding factor). I don't look at it as a 'style, or fashion, as much as it is their own personal preference. Fuzzy men, though...yummmm...it does need to be neat, though..if he looks like the homeless people in town, that isn't a good thing.

~DC~
 lost John
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:13:41 PM
My grandpa had a beard for as long as I can remember. He had one of those "Richard" Clark type faces, and if he was clean shaven, he looked like he was a teenager. (before he went gray)

I happen to have a goatee right now. (I guess I should take a picture) But, if I have any facial hair, it's usually only in winter. (You know it's cold when ice collects on the hair under your nose and lower lip, but that's better than bare skin.)
 AndrewDB
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/21/2006 2:06:22 AM
I have my beard because if I don't I look young enough to be in high school (and I've been out of high school for six (almost seven) years!)..

I seriously look like I'm 14 without my beard..

Take a look see here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Xehirut/pre-beard.jpg
 Gorshkov
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/21/2006 4:29:34 AM

I guess for the same reasons that brazilian waxes are so popular now.

That, I'm all in favour of. Personally, I prefer to floss *after* I've eaten :-)
 food4u
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/21/2006 8:35:12 AM
I first grew my mustache in college, and was barraged with "quips" by dips who said to me,
"what's that dirt on your lip? got a fuzzy caterpillar there? what's with that?" so I finally shaved it off, thinking they were more than hinting to ditch it...

ha ha! next reaction from every one of them -- "hey, why did you shave that off??"
"well, because you gave me so much shit about it... I thought it must look pretty bad... "

then they ALL said -- "man, you'd better grow it back! you look much better with it...
your face needs the hair there... " so I've had it ever since except once briefly, and the
chick I was with nearly fainted and said, "WTF happened to YOU??" so I grew it again and
have kept it ever since (girls I knew in high school prefer me with the mustache, they've
told me it's cool... )

my grandfather had a mustache all his life and it looked great...
so I'm keeping this one and giving mustache rides -- my boss's horny blond wife once asked
me if "girls find that it tickles" when I kiss them -- I managed to avoid saying what I was
actually thinking -- "It depends where I kiss them -- wanna find out?"
 femalegirlwoman
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/26/2006 11:25:48 AM
Few men can pull off facial hair.
 shakerempire
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/11/2007 1:29:18 AM
I hate mustaches only! If attached to some artistic work down over the chin.. I love it. Some of the pencil thin ones are really great. But I'm weird. I like shaved bald heads too. Preferably shaved as close as possible....BIC is a good job.
 gentlyplease
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/11/2007 3:26:05 PM
The first thing I noticed about my ex was his beard...I have always loved them, and the goatees are even better.
 stubobb
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/11/2007 5:19:57 PM
I just like my stache. That's pretty much it.

I don't give a sh1t about what's in style or the conclusions that vapid neurotics jump to.

I just like my stache.

Funny how it signifies so many different things to so many different folks and can gross-out chicks at great distances.

It's kinda sad how many folks have to try so hard to keep on top of the latest fads and fashions, especially when they don't even know they are doing it.

The sheep says "Baaaahhhh, baaaahh". Come everyone, practice.

Casey Jones53
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/12/2008 8:56:26 AM
As a 55 yr old man who's sported a beard most of my adult life, I have it because:
A) I think it makes me look more attractive
B) When I was younger and tried to keep myself clean-shaven, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it smooth. My facial hair grows in many different directions, so, to shave it smooth (with a razor blade and foam) would mean I have to shave in many different directions. I don't think I need to tell you how irritating that is.
C) My initial solution was use an electric shaver which didn't shave as close. So, while I'd have the appearance of clean-shaven, it wasn't as smooth as I would like.
D) I also thought that the women I wanted to attract, I would want them to like beards. I suppose it's all in the style -- different styles appeal to different women. I've had women who say they like beards. Without fail, I found that I liked these women. Not because they liked my beard, but, there was always something about their personality I liked.
E) None of my male relatives on either side of my family had beards, so I guess you could say there was a little bit of rebellion (My teen years were the late 60's & early 70's)
in growing the beard. There was not the least dislike by my parents, and they both said they liked it.

And that's why I have a beard.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Men with mustaches and/or beards, Why and what??