Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 diamondincnd
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
this is a question mainly for the men out there.

Do you find it a sexy or intimidating when women do things that would be thought of as mainly a guys thing? for example: She is under the hood of her car fixing it, or she is out 4X4ing in HER truck or jeep, or Jumping a dirt bike in a motor X rally, or simply fixing things like the pluming in the house? Tom Boys?
Sorry about the spelling....lol
 jumpypants
Msg: 2
Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:06:05 PM
I would say bigtime plus.
 jubei
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:09:54 PM
Definitely a turnON. A woman who knows what she likes and doesn't worry about crap like -men are supposed to do that, not women- is great.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:48:50 PM
reading some of this makes me glad I'm single... shesh... who has time to play dress up
like that? lol
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:49:56 PM
Im a total tomboy. Im climbing on a tree branch that fell across a river in my profile pic so that pretty much says it all. I go barefoot,climb trees,fish,camp,go 4 wheeling,rock climb and love kicking back at a good bon fire party.I also can fix certain car ailments hehe.Im feminine as far as wearing a little bit of makeup and dressing girly at times,but inside Ill always be a tomboy at heart
 Bandito
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:54:02 PM
^^^you are all woman Kat
 diamondincnd
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:56:43 PM
Well I'm glad that i aksed because I have ran in to more then one insident that the guy insisted that he did the work for me.
for example I was at a gas station and i need to put some air in my tires and this guy i dont even know insisted that he put the air in for me. so I said sure go for it. I told him that my tiers neede 40 PSI and he insisted that they only needed 30 PSI. when he put the hose away I had to grab it to finish filling my tires. (I find it annoying that a guy thinks he knows more then a women). Another time I had to change one of my tiers while out 4X4ing because i dont have the right tires for off roading and i blew one, this guy tried to change it for me and i was just like, woa buddy step away from my truck.
I have had many more insedents like that. I just wasn't sure if a guy liked a women not knowing what she is doing so they can feel more like a Man and do it for her or if they found it intimidating that she can do it herself.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:11:57 AM
Thanks bandito((hugs:)
^^I like it when guys help with things like putting air in tires ect.I more than likely wouldnt stand there insisting how much air my tires needed.I would think that may come across as a bit condescending.Im sure the guy could figure it out on his own.....To me its nice when men and women do sweet gestures for one another even if the person is capable of doing it themselves..Think of it this way.if you were cooking dinner for a man who knew how to cook better than you,how would you feel if he said cook the pasta for 8 minutes not 9...Dont add that spice to the sauce....LOL See what Im getting at here?It kinda takes the fun out of doing something nice for someone.Its one thing to beindependent and know how to do somethingand quite another to treat people as if they arent capable as well.JMHO
 diamondincnd
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:19:08 AM
yeah your right I do understand that. I guess I'm also a little hung up on the fact that some many people off and on will talk to me like i dont know any thing. women are stariotyped. alot of men thing most women would never get their hands dirty. I guess I just try to hard to show them that i'm not that way. It gets under my skin at time. But on the same note how many men would let some other guy or gal change there tire? (unless they realy didn't know how to).
 tekbit
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:24:23 AM
If'n she sits to pee, she's all for me.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:29:47 AM
^^Ive never really felt stereotyped.I think in todays day and age men and women are both expressing all different facets of their personalities.Maybe part of the problem is they sense you feel like you have to prove you're"not that way" Im just me...plain and simple.I dont expect to be stereotyped or feel men and women have any set specific roles or rules to adhere to.If men see you"getting your hands dirty...they'll know you do.But Im just kinda wondering why its so important what they think?As long as you're happy and know who you are,thats all that really matters:)Interesting thread.Thanks for posting it
 tekbit
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:45:47 AM
We just want to be loved.
 tekbit
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/22/2006 1:34:56 AM
Check this out, I am here to tell the TRUTH! Nothing but that! The way it really is because I can hide behind this computer and nobody can beat me up! So here's the skinny: Dudes are pigs. Take me for instance, I once..................nevermind. It just is, and you can never really trust anybody - just ask everybody. This world really sux but it's so damned funny if you know where to look, and what buttons to push.
 acgoat
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/22/2006 5:27:36 AM
my vote goes toward a bigtime plus
 petminister
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/22/2006 6:27:09 AM
Hey, I'd love it if she'd fix the car. I can't, and I'm much more likely to be cooking dinner, anyway. But I also come from a different generation, and I like a woman to look like a girly-girl once in a while.
 Intercooler
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:19:47 AM

Even right now I'm a truck driver. I load, chain down, unload and unchain new cars and pick up trucks that needs to be delivered to dealerships. With a 80 feet rig. Many man find it a cool thing for me to do, but some have looked at me like I'm a UFO. And if u look at my pics, I look nothing like a truck driver, or like a guy. Because I'm a driver, I also became knowledgeable about these semi's, I'm a bit mechanicaly inclined when it comes to them. Hell, I just bought my own rig. I think I"m a tomboy in a sense, but than look at me, I love looking like a woman and I do take pride and great care of my physical appearance. And by the way, I don't listen to country either like most drivers, live on junk or swear all the time. I'm so confused what man want anymore.

**drool drool drool**

hehe. Now that's cool!
 BarnBabe
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:30:32 AM
I'm a bit of a tomboy too. And I LOVE a good wrestle! I know how to put air in my tires, etc. And heaven knows I'm not afraid of dirt. Anyone with horses has to have a truce with dirt. And the inability to keep long nails. However, it makes me feel good when a guy offers to help with things. Makes me feel attractive and special. It doesn't happen often anymore, and it's our own fault as girls. A lot of us simply don't ALLOW men to help us anymore. Too bad, too.
 Asia Skyly
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:36:54 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!
 shycomic65
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/22/2006 10:52:13 AM
Must be a trick question. I love a woman who can wrench my Harley
 t_the_tongue
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:40:50 AM
A woman who know her way around the tool bench is always a plus but her being able to wrestle and play flag football without crying about a broken nail ,,,, well thats the ultimate turn on for me care to bounce hehe
 diamondincnd
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 1:10:38 PM
lordofwar
Well I'm not to sure i would be interested in a fem kind of guy. Some women maybe. I like to feel like my men are good protectors of the family. some one that will hold down the fort. (while I go and fix the 4X4....lol) I'm just not sure i would get that feeling out of a fem.
 diamondincnd
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 1:38:44 PM
Maybe you should read what people say before you start putting words in their mouth lordofwar.. I never said any thing about being cheap. I actualy like fixing cars and i never said any thing about his car. it could be mine. not only that why would you pay $70 hour for something you can do your self?
 Asia Skyly
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/22/2006 1:52:42 PM

The only time a guy would want you to fix his car is when he's too cheap to pay for a certified mechanic.

Or perhaps she ENJOYS working on cars and is good at it? As a guy, I LOVE working on my car, I would to the same for my Gal any time! For the record, I have done some pretty intensive operations in my car such as replacing the transmission etc, all by myself. If I ever found a woman who could do this with me I would say I have found Nirvana!

Hmmm grease monkey loving!!

PS. The going rate for a mechanic in my area is a mere $120.00 US dollars. Think about what that means in relation to a complicated job. (5-8 hours).
 Double Cabin
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 1:57:08 PM
The jeep's rear main seal needs to be replaced. I'm waiting ladies.

The women of my family are as fine as any. I was raised to want competence in a woman, h*e*l*l I'd love for a hiking hunnie that could take over certain tasks for me and I'd have an alacrity to reciprocate. Sure helps if you can clean up "good" though.
 diamondincnd
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2006 2:06:53 PM
Now just because I can do these things doesn't mean that i'm going to take over them for you. I'm not going to go to work come home cook, clean, do the yard work and the maintenence just so you guys can sit on your butt. come on guys dont be lazy now. its a 50/50 thing. Well for me any ways...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?