Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 littlebit70
Msg: 3
Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Nope, not in the least. We're all just people, each of us doing the best we can with what we've been blessed to work with. Good-looking folks have insecurities, too, believe it or not. So it's never crossed by mind.

Course, I'm not the kind of person who's intimidated by anything, either...dunno'...mebbe that's part of it, too.

B*
 iamtigerlily
Msg: 5
Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:41:55 PM
For me, I'd be so bowled over by his looks that I start to babble and turn all bimbotic. Humiliating...urrghhh..
 crystalise
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:31:10 PM
Not really - I tend to think more along the lines - oh gawd its gonna be hard work filtering all the women that are gonna want to try and break us up to try and get at him....and I dont think I can deal with all the other female attention his looks might generate..

but I have gone out some 'what I consider handsome' guys - that is usually what happens I find. But if he is a good man as well he will deal with that. But also handsome/attractive is a lot of different things to a lot of people. I guess you are referring to the advertising standard, but still the above still applies I would still talk to them, then find out if they have a great personality to back up those chiselled cheekbones, and they had better !! or they get the flick same as anyone who is not very nice....
 MissMandy
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:39:52 PM

Nope, not this one, not in the least...
 leo_goddess
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:21:50 PM
I'm not sure if it's completely intimidation but I'll avoid them to not waste my time out of realism. I still sometimes try to talk to them.. sometimes I'm surprised.. although quite often the attractive men go hand and hand with the rudest types of rejection (laughing, contempt filled looks, turning their back on you, rude comments, unread deletes... hehe!). I've also learned what type of guy would tend to be more attracted to me and usually invest most energy there or slightly above there.

In short... yes there are judgements made but it doesn't rule me all the time.
 wantin_to_flirt
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:34:35 PM
In person, as in at the grocery store, or at the park or something I'm not intimidated at all. I can have a great conversation with just about anyone that can say more than "Hi". While this also applies to online, I rarely take the time to write someone that I'd consider goodlooking, mostly because he didn't have enough in his profile to give me something to write him about. While not always, they (the good looking men) a lot of times assume that their looks will get them by (and they probably do with most women) If/When someone that is goodlooking contacts me first, I still have no problems chatting with them. However I'm just as likely to tell someone that is great looking as some that is "ugly" to take a flying leap if they are rude, nasty, or completely stuck on themselves.
 thechallenge
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2006 1:57:39 PM
I guess I'm just going to have to make myself a little bit uglier to give women of all shapes and sizes a chance with me. It really sucks when women can't even maintain eye contact with me because they feel themselves getting wet and must go to the bathroom after engaging in casual coverations about the weather jeez...

On a site note, women and men ALSO both hate me because of "it". It's too damn large. I think I'm going to get an operation so I can make my HUUUUUUUUUUUGE TASTY JUICY PENIS. I don't want you ladies to visualize just how sexy I am; that's just cruel.

I've got no pity for girls who are intidimidated by looks: you should learn to overcome this.
 Green_Bastard
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:57:03 PM
asweet1974:I am, I can't speak for anyone else

Why would you be intimadated, you're a hottie. I bet a lot of guys are intimidated by you sexy.
 Rebellious
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:47:45 PM
I talk to average looking women in public places, to see how they react to me. I use them for practice, some of them get flustered but some just look surprised. Then, when a hottie comes along I'm up to speed. Hotties have the "indifferent look" which is similar to the "surprised look", so it’s really good practice. Insecure women run away, hotties run off too but for a different reason, practice till you can talk to hotties like they were insecure. LOL
 doll parts
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:24:35 AM
Ooli:

oh my GOD I have such a soft spot for Slash. And that soft spot happens to be in my pants!

as for feeling intimidated, all the time! If I feel that a guy is "out of my league"....there's not a lot that will convince me to approach him.

On a side note - I don't have a problem talking to them about normal things...say, having to talk to a hottie at work, or talking to the cute guy that makes my coffee at starbucks...I just have a problem approaching them with the obvious intent of 'hooking up'. When it's obvious that I'm into them, it feels like too much pressure on me to be 'up to their standards' ....I'd wait for them to come to me!
 justjazz
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/27/2006 2:18:24 PM

I talk to average looking women in public places, to see how they react to me. I use them for practice, some of them get flustered but some just look surprised. Then, when a hottie comes along I'm up to speed. Hotties have the "indifferent look" which is similar to the "surprised look", so it’s really good practice. Insecure women run away, hotties run off too but for a different reason, practice till you can talk to hotties like they were insecure. LOL

Wow....talk an average looking man being full of himself! WOW...but ya know...he could get better looking....but he would still be an ass
 Frankiethepunk
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/27/2006 3:39:10 PM

Believe it or not, I was quite attractive in my 20's

Believe it or not missy you still are quite attractive. But its a different type of attractive, you look like the type of person that's easy going and positive. By contrast, some people age badly, they look mean and disgruntled. One of the main things about aging is that you can't turn back the clock and look like 20 but your good character and personality can be etched in your face. Time is the great leveler of us all.
 Ev8
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:48:24 PM

What a wonderful responce. Cheers. It shows that some attractive men have hearts and brains too.
 sultryeyes77
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/1/2006 7:51:00 AM
i dont understand it ladies...

Looks are only skin deep.... Try to look beyond the looks and find out what makes him tick, his morals,,, standards,,,, intelligence, sense of humour,,,

Just be yourself,,,,, nothing more, nothing less.

sounds cliche,, but makes sense, right??

T
 bluedew
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:05:56 PM
Yes, it took me a couple of years to talk to a man I thought was attractive, figured he would turn me down flat and laugh me off. He started to talk to me and now we're friends, he's not interested in dating me but at least I'm over my shyness with him. I have a little more self confidence, but still nervous about approaching good looking men, afraid they'll take one look at me and .
 littlebit70
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:15:28 PM
True, no one likes rejection; but there is a difference between distaste and paralysis, my GOODness!!

Try it, Folks...just once, go up to someone whose looks you find "intimidating"...you might just find one of those lonely, nice people hiding inside, too. Life is short...Cinderella is a fairy tale...what are you waitin' for??

My two cents,
B*

P.S. - BTW, Kingfisher, thanks for the info re posts. I'm not Canadian, either; but I was wondering about that, too.

They are also under My Forums in the upper right-hand corner...hope that helps!
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/5/2006 10:22:26 AM
Heck no.......attractive men are JUST men like anyone else....some are sexy ..hot..and so much fun to talk to....some are not.....if a man is not interested in me.......then hey..just say NO......no feelings hurt.......what intimidates me?????.....hmmmmm.....NADA!..oops might have answered my own question..hehe
 gr842n
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2006 3:37:15 PM
But it is all relative isn't it?

What is drop dead gorgeous for you might not even rate the time of day for someone else, and vice versa.

I think the important thing is really just to have a go. Get used to a bit of rejection now and again.
 Raven1
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/5/2006 3:46:41 PM
We all know that attractive women can scare off guys. You know, the whole rejection thing and all.

But are women like that with men they think are really cute? Do they think, "OMG, I can't talk to him. He'd never want me"?

The answer to that is YES. The same feeling can (and will) apply to women as well. It just depends on the individual and their level of self-confidence/esteem.

I think that's my problem.
I'm just cursed with good looks
My superior genetic makeup has been my curse all along, scaring off all the women that lack the confidence it takes to approach me.

J/K

All jokes aside. I do think women (some anyway) are the same way (intimidated by good looking men). Intimidation is blind, it doesn't know gender.
 shrthang
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:10:29 AM
I think it's more that people are intimidated by someone who appears confident and looks are usually a factor in that. I've been told I'm intimidating and you can see from my picture, I'm no greek god, but I'm not concerned about what others think of me. It's more how you carry yourself and interact with others. If you're positive, confident and the center of attention, this will most likely intimidate someone who's got an eye on you. The positive side is, if you have the balls to approach a person like this, they're usually very impressed, because I'm sure they're not approached often.
 ladylyn5150
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:30:39 AM
I have met and dated really handome men. I can tell you that handsome is only a package that is wrapped nicely. The gift inside can sometimes be great or lousy. I never let them intimidate me because they are great looking, I need to get to know them first to see if it is anything that I would want to unwrap any further. So guys and girls who only rely on their looks are not doing themselves a favour at all. Window dressing is all it is. Substance is much deeper.

Lyn
 AnimusNovo
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/10/2006 8:13:47 PM
Who wants to know a huge secret?

Men and Women are the same. OMG, THE SAME!!! We are attracted to each other in the same way, we get nervous for the same reasons, we both can have low self-esteem, and OMG YES! Women get horney too!!!

People are just people. Skin is just skin. Eveyone's the same underneath.

One of my biggest pet-peeves is the Warren Harding Error. It's basically stated that the taller or more attractive you are, the more successful in life you're going to be. There's actually an accurate calculation of height to salary increase increments.

Just because a guy or gal is hot or tall or muscular does NOT mean they are a good person.

Wake up people.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be attracted to someone that’s very attractive, but look at the whole package and remember, even supermodels have low self esteem. Most of the time they have lower self esteem than the average joe.
 Poet102781
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/12/2006 7:22:38 AM
So I get the capri's, work on some rock hard abbs, look at myself in the mirror non stop, empty my head, become full of myself, and buy into the whole namebrand generation, buy an expensive sports car, and that is what it takes to be feared by women?

Count me out.
 Poet102781
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/12/2006 7:23:09 AM
So I get the capri's, work on some rock hard abbs, look at myself in the mirror non stop, empty my head, become full of myself, and buy into the whole namebrand generation, buy an expensive sports car, and that is what it takes to be feared by women?

Count me out.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/12/2006 6:23:49 PM
No, I am not intimidated by a very attractive man. I won't
knock anyone for being blessed in the looks department.

And for the record, I think that is a very poor excuse to divorce a man ileah.
Wow, I wish that was the only big problem I had, huh!
I can understand that you were bothered with women hitting on him,
but you have to work on your insecurities.
I had a bf once, who told me that he would never get involved
with an attractive woman, after me, he would rather be with
and ugly girl, he figured no one would want her. His friends used to
hit on me. Anyhow, he looked me up many years later, and I was
married, at the time!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men?