Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > One-night stands!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JJBoy
Msg: 1
One-night stands!!!Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
so peoples... whats your opinions on one night stands, do you think its O.K. or is it the activity which only sluts and sleazeballs take part of, I think it is alright myself because sometimes intended one-night stands end up turning into a fulfilling relationships, so tell me your thoughts.........
 mish
Msg: 2
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:40:39 AM
charmin!

is fine for some but not all! not into em personally..each to their own!
 JJBoy
Msg: 3
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:56:14 AM
I can only try to seduce with my irrisistable charm, I just cant help myself!!!!lol

I agree with one night stands as long as its a mutual understanding of both parties so then no-one gets led on because thats when things get nasty and hurtful, but if they´re 2 consenting adults I cant see a problem with it, because even know its not the most respectable way to do things I still believe very fruitful relationships can spawn from one night stands....
And I also believe that everyone has at least had one if not more than one, one night stand in their life time, what do you think mish??
 mish
Msg: 4
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:02:56 AM
Ahh ya still young.. lol

But yes your right.. as long as they are consenting adults, and know where each stands then not a problem.

I'm older and alot more wiser. One night stands, i haven't had much of an opportunity there, I have been a mum since I was 18 yrs old. 18 yrs now ..
I did somewhere along the line do it.. but never liked it.

I get to emotionally involved, plus i don't like taking the risks that go along with having sex. well outside of a relationship if that makes sense.

I have standards that I would like to keep. And will stand by them. Too much happening out there in this world.

AS I said, each to their own. I know my body, and know what's right for me, not suited for all.But as long as noone gets hurt in the process shouldn't be a problem.
Good luck to all who do it.
 JJBoy
Msg: 5
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:24:27 AM
Yeah I just turned 21 on sunday, I see what you mean though with all the risks involved with the one night stands perspective with having sex and all the bad possibilities that can come from it like STD´s or gettin stuck with someone who you really dont like or gettin forced to do stuff you dont like, so it is a good safe responsible attitude to have towards it, I respect that, and I suppose my opinion may change when I get older myself, but while Im young I just want to have sum fun, plus I suppose you were sort of limited in your choice to have full freedom after getting pregnet at such a young age,because you had to become responsible for another soul which would of made you mature a hell of a lot in a short time, am I right..
 womanofsubstance
Msg: 6
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:49:47 AM
Me im not into one nighters althogh i have known people who did it and wound up married. I could see this as a problem in the long run as you would be less trusted by your partner everytime you went out with out them. Theres a lot of guys out there who say anything to get it and when they do they ignore the poor girl and she waits for that promised call. Dont lead people on guys. If i want meaningless sex ill masturbate simple. A lot of them are a result of alcohol why do you think guys are keen to buy girls drinks. Sometimes when a guy wants to buy me a drink and i say that would be lovely ill have a coke please, they look horrified as if their wasting their money
 Technopunk
Msg: 7
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 2/28/2006 2:19:01 AM
surely if a 1 night stand ended up as a relationship then u couldnt call it a one night stand?
i dont do them, simply because they cause more trouble than theyre worth
 amgine
Msg: 8
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:08:12 AM
Being a reformed man whore in which I'm not goin to say how many, I thought one nighters were just the thing but I so learnt that is just not fullfillin to live that way, so I decided to just stick with one partner (it was hard but have done so now for 3yrs which is a major mile stone for me ) anyways NOW after all the crap that has come allong with thatI'm thinkin of just bein a born again virgin, I love sex but just cant handle all the crap that some women deal out.. Hell I'm no sex god I just wish I was
 fudd
Msg: 9
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/3/2006 2:25:51 PM
This is an issue which I think is actually really important. If you have read the "da vinci code", it talks about the history of religion, and male and female roles, female and male imagery, and how it is represented in the bible.
The church (especially the Catholic church) want people to totally rely on them for their spiritual experience. They want complete control of your mind. That is why the bible is designed the way it is. It is all about guilt and control. One way to do this is to make sex a dirty experience. According to some ancient scripture, one of the ways for people to communicate directly with god was through sexual intercourse and orgasm.
Another issue is masturbation. This is a pleasurable experience which creates similar pleasure and results. The church has said that masturbation is a sin. The church recommends circumcision, because it reduces the ability for a guy to masturbate.
Even the issue of " do you go to church?" has guilt attached to it. Why should you have to go to church to experience god? Why couldn't you go and sit in the middle of a field, and feel spiritual, and thank god for every thing you have, and talk directly to him? The church has no control over you in the middle of a field, that's why!
Anyone reading this probably thinks I am insane, but it really makes sense. It is all about power and control.
Next time you are having a one night stand, think about this, and enjoy yourself. At the same time, be caring to the one you are with.
 Red whine
Msg: 10
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:47:01 PM
I guess if both parties involved understand its a one night thing only and know the "rules" then what the hell. I can see the similarities between a one nighter and a FB. If its what you both want then why not. Sex is meant to be fun, this might be the way the two people like to have their fun. As long as its safe mind you.
 mish
Msg: 11
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/3/2006 10:05:50 PM
oh gawd i must be getting old pmsl
no, just enjoying myself lmao

ok do as ya please as long as your safe er practice safe sex that is.
and that you fully understand that it is just a onenight thing..or fb.
must be tired still..*yawn*
 libraness
Msg: 12
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/5/2006 1:00:29 AM
ok.. interesting thoughts and input above...

commend those that have contributed to this thread... (whoops, slight FSO lingo there! sorry) hahahaha

anyway, as said above each to their own likings...
personally i dont mind them... good way to release sexual tensions, and as long as your both consenting and use protection, i really dont see what all the fuss is about...

guess its better than having to go out and pay for it tho
 mish
Msg: 13
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/5/2006 2:04:17 AM
thats it lib.. better then paying for it. safe sex and consenting it shouldnt be a problem.
 FrancoisC
Msg: 14
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/5/2006 5:52:58 PM
NO, not enough time to get to know each other. I search for conversation, friendship, compatibilty, knowing what each other are seeking. For me a "one night stand," serves no purpose, as a male, it leaves nothing to reflect upon later, especially with maturity I have learnt that: I have never seduced a woman in my life (I have been seduced). In a sexual relationship there is that essential adjustment. AND no need to sexually bond if it is "love at first sight." That comes later and much more appreciated.
 mish
Msg: 15
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:09:34 PM
can't say anything about it now. apart from i had one..
and now actually doing the deed, doesn't phase me..
doesn't mean i'm going to be out with every guy and doing the deed.
Nice to know though how it feels to have one etc..
and no oone was hurt, basically safe sex.. no feelings involved, but both are left satisfied,
it's definitly not the same as having sex with a partner, where feelings are involved etc.
I didn't find it as relaxing as when your with a loved one

But was a mutual decision and nothing else but some harmless fun.
but will stick with finding myself a long term partner as its much nicer.
 here now
Msg: 16
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:04:02 PM
hollo philip here i would like to have sex with you my fetish is nickers and stockings please call me on 0409830242 or 47314048 i live sydney merto area lets please hook up????????
 ‡ Åߥ§§ ‡
Msg: 17
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:36:04 AM
well ive never had one before and if i was going to i wouldent be standing thats for sure far to tiring to say the least ..
 mish
Msg: 18
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:05:39 AM
lol abyss!

well won't do it again.. not the same has having something there if ya know what i mean
 DJ_Davo
Msg: 19
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:54:34 AM
Yeah personally I'm not a fan of the one nighters...

Never done it tho I've had a few offers....

I go to church and its not the churches decision, it's mine and I've chosen to stay a virgin till marriage

Believe me it's not the easiest decision I've ever made but I feel its what God would want me to do. Theres nothing wrong with sex its just I believe its supposed to be shared between two people that have a special connection, call it love and not abused as such.

Anyways let me know your thoughts :-)
 mish
Msg: 20
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:59:26 AM
hi davo

well i did it It's upto each individual what they if they are comfortable with it etc.
Definitly not the same as when your with someone you love etc.

So no not my scene either... now wait till I am in a relationship.

It's about respecting each other, think that's what bothered me, would I still have some respect? hmmm..
relationship is way to go..
 FrancoisC
Msg: 21
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:32:32 PM
Did Jesus masturbate?, Read the sermon on the mount, it shows he was a "wishfull thinker. Ahhhhh, I guess he was human and dreamed about the best. Wellll, ain't that what mastubation all about. I have my "dream lover" there all the time, BUT she's gone when its' all over. AND I not keen on doing it "standing up?"
 vinski
Msg: 22
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:30:40 PM
the idea of sluts as dirty lowlifes is soo outdated,like puttin guilt onto people,it sucks,heavy.
 Truejulie
Msg: 23
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:00:01 PM
I've tried it when I went to town a few times, but it wasn't very rewarding, I prefer to know the person first. BUT I can get "turned on" and enjoy an encounter with a mature man, who is truly missing out on loving affection and sexual satisfaction. I love the look of appreciation in his eyes: he seems to say: "At last it's happening, I'm really making love again." When that happens it is usually in the afternoon. I suppose that is called an "Afternoon lay on the sand."
 twisted_l3itch
Msg: 24
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/11/2006 12:56:28 AM
One night stands are all I do right now. With the exception of a few **rare** ppl that I like enough to turn into FBs.
I am human...I am a very horny human, therefore I need sex. I'm not going to find a man and try to keep him, even though he may not be right for me just for the fact that I don't want to be alone and miss out on all the relationship stuff like sex/intimacy.
So I sleep with guys to fulfill my needs, it's consentual and no one gets hurt (unless that's what he's into).
 birdlovergrrl
Msg: 25
One-night stands!!!
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:21:45 AM
As long as ppl having one night stands are both single and practice safe sex is ok with me, I know the percentage of ppl dont agree, and we all have our rite to our choice,

If you dont want to get tied into a relationship then one night stands are fine.

birdlovergrrl
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > One-night stands!!!