Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > <----> Age gap...      Home login  
Age gap... -->
 AUTHOR
 ruckus123
Msg: 2
view profile
History
<----> Age gap...Page 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
4 days younger or older....
 MellyBabez
Msg: 5
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/1/2006 7:36:20 AM
BUT...if a 40 year old man is with a 27 year old woman, then it is considered kinda creepy.

Creepy? Heavens no. There is a 24 year age gap between me and my man....

What works for some, doesnt work for others.
 choklitkiss
Msg: 6
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/1/2006 7:55:20 AM
For me, I prefer around a 10 years older age difference, or more. Men my own age just don't do it for me, and I certainly would not go younger. Give me a seasoned gentleman any day.
 JJAARR
Msg: 10
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:34:46 AM
The older you get the wider that gap can be. This could've been posted in my thread

"Of course it's just me"
 Bandito
Msg: 11
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/1/2006 11:17:27 AM
Of all the parameters out there...age difference is the least significant one. I care more about issues with kids, smoking, drugs, etc...get me past all of that abd if it was only age difference, I could deal with that.
 bluedew
Msg: 12
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/1/2006 11:40:44 AM
This will not work for everybody, but it does for me, divide my age in half and add twelve, is as young as I'll go, older depends, not too much as I can still be pretty active.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:27:41 PM
I fell in love totally with this incredible woman about a year after my divorce.I was 47 at that time, and she was 29.

I realized that once she reached my age, I'd probably be in an urn.

I did the noble thing, and stopped it before it could lead where it was going.

I think I know now how Bogart's character in Casablanca must have felt, as he watched that plane take off.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 15
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:42:14 PM
the opinion of age difference is really between the people involved is it not?

not everyone 30 mentally is 30....
and not everyone 70 is 70.....

I would have to draw the line at someone being old enough to be a parent
or child.... as to me, that would be kinda creepy.... and i do not know how
much in common someone can have with so wide a gap...
although I know many are comfortable with it and that is great for them. We all
have to do whats right for us.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 17
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:33:06 AM
18 to 27 but age should not matter as long as
it does not get yall introuble with, the law.

i am 23 years old and wouldn't date
anybody, under 18 or over 27.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 18
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:10:12 AM
because there are LAWS and if you get caught with somebody over this way under the age of 17 and your over 18 you could be looking, at serious jail time esp if your a guy over 18 dateing somebody who is 17 or under.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 21
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:36:19 AM
age is just age none of us will EVER be with someone who's age, will cost us our freedom
and our rights people need to learn how to R.E.L.A.X. on these fourm's and have F.U.N.

people take everything/anything way to serious on the fourm's now day's i just do not understand anybody who will, take what people say on the internet so deeply/dearly to
their hearts.
 Brecon2012
Msg: 22
view profile
History
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:37:23 AM
Um.... I have never dated anyone my own age or younger but its not through choice.. just hasnt happen yet.. I dated someone ten years older and he was a complete ***hole!! So i believe it depends on the individuals.. mind you i wouldnt date someone who's in his fifties or sixties though!! going out someone same aged as my dad.. thanks but no thanks! Apart from Pierce Brosnan hahaha!!!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 26
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 8:53:23 AM
{because there are LAWS and if you get caught with somebody over this way under the age of 17 and your over 18 you could be looking, at serious jail time esp if your a guy over 18 dateing somebody who is 17 or under. }

If a guy is 18 and she is 17 then becaue of that 1 year the guy (or girl depending on who the older one is) can get jail time??????? What a joke!!! That is stupidity in my view.

What buggs me is that for adultary there is no offense in that or even a fine it seems, but in something as silly as this, you can get jail time, WTF?
 Sugar1984
Msg: 27
view profile
History
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 8:58:08 AM
I believe that age is just a number in which people can judge your intelligence. I am 21 dating a 31 year old and he just got out of a relationship with a 36 year old woman and says that I am far more responsible and intelligent and that I don;t play games. So I think you can't judge by age because life experience makes people seem older or younger than they really are!!!!
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 30
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:50:55 AM
The guy I likes is around 40ish.

In fact, I'm generally attracted to MUCH older men.
 Bandito
Msg: 31
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:53:33 PM
^^^^Careful saying that too loud here I bet the e-mails from 40/50/60 year olds are going to be flying in
 zman777
Msg: 33
view profile
History
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/27/2006 7:32:44 PM
I believe age differences can be a huge disadvantage. Life experience differences can make things very difficult. just the other day i was talking to a lady that said she was 6 years older than her husband. When they got married he was only 20, and she liked to go dancing at the bars. He of course couldn't go because he was to young. That would be tough.
You also have to consider why two people choose to be life partners. It's so they can spend time experiencing life together. They want to share in eachothers life and experiences. So if one partner has already experienced it all, then there in an imbalance in the relationship. One person is going to get short changed!!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 38
<----> Age gap...
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:46:27 AM
The age thing really doesn't make any sense to me. What difference does it make? If two people can be happy with each other, why would it matter if they were born at the exact second, if the man is a lot older than the women, or if the woman is a lot older than the man. If I want to be with someone and he wants to be with me, I really don't care what the rest of the world thinks.

Then the idea of what will you talk about if there is a big age difference. Maybe the same things you would talk about if you were the same age. What will you have in common, same as with any age. For me, I seem to have more in common with men about 10 -15 years younger, than the ones my age. Don't know why, but seems to be the case.
 amazonian chick
Msg: 41
Age gap...
Posted: 11/23/2006 4:03:49 PM
I am talkin hypothetically of course lol

but what would people think if their parent was dating someone younger then them? like the parent is in the forties and the partner is in their twenties (younger than you, as the child)

and I am not talking about love and who we should be allowed to love. I am asking how you would feel if your parent knowlingly started dating someone younger than you and the age gap is 20 years....would people find this acceptable?

Ok...you probably guessed it's not hypthetical lol. Just wanna know if I am being unfair in feeling it's not right.
 amazonian chick
Msg: 43
Age gap...
Posted: 11/23/2006 4:32:59 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I am bothered by it and I cannot lie.

But like I said, thanks :)
 amazonian chick
Msg: 45
Age gap...
Posted: 11/23/2006 4:56:05 PM
Well I do not want my mom and me to fall out. But she ended her ltr last week and met this 24 year old on sat night and now they are dating. I am worried she will get hurt. Plus she has had her kids and been married. He has yet to do all that. I am failing to see why it had to be more than a drunken kiss on a saturday night. I am 25 on sat. My bf is 30. It seems wrong to me that my moms bf will be 6 years younger than mine!!!lol

I just can't see any good coming of it...but equally dont want her being upset by me being negative. So, I am going to try and stay out of it totally. She is 43 and I have to leave her to live her own life. Though it burns my soul to do so lol (and no people...I am not spoilt and no, I am not jealous before it's suggested lol....I am very happy with my bf and am not attracted to my moms toy boy in the least!!)
 marshw
Msg: 48
Age gap...
Posted: 11/23/2006 7:57:13 PM

Min lady's age = (Man's age / 2) + 7

I am really digging this. For me, the answer is 30, which is my minimum. The max is subjective, but no more than 60 for me right now.
 amazonian chick
Msg: 49
Age gap...
Posted: 11/24/2006 12:39:19 AM
I guess the general consensus so far is its all good.

I will hve to work on that one then!!lol x
 stoneside
Msg: 52
Age gap...
Posted: 12/17/2006 3:58:44 PM
The age thing on here used to drive me nuts. In one day I was told I was too young, then 10 min later was told by a different lady that I was too old. lol

Both of these ladies were within 10 years of my age.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 53
Age gap...
Posted: 12/17/2006 4:01:13 PM
I would probably feel too guilty and immoral about dating a girl more than 10 years younger than me. But, who really know what I'll be like when I'm middle-aged. By that time, after a mid-life crisis, anything's possible. Right now, the only "younger girls" for me, are only about five years younger- and then it gets illegal.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > <----> Age gap...