Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > On Fox News today.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Italian43
Msg: 1
On Fox News today.....Page 1 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
A man refused to give another man mouth to mouth,because the man passed out was gay.The Gay man died .What is your opion,when it comes to saving a human life?
 Belfast Child
Msg: 2
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:50:10 PM
That watching 'Faux News' is hazardous to one's health. If allowed, it can fill one's mind with propganda and BS.

Literally.
 cbi
Msg: 3
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:33:40 PM
^^^ That's true for almost any news.

CBS, CNN, NY Times, etc., etc.

Factless news. Half-fact news. News that is more opinion than fact. News designed to prey on our fears.
 LadyGodiva
Msg: 4
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:37:08 PM
I hate Tv.. .i barely watch TV... Tv should die lol... tho im catching up on my soaps next week LOL
 Destryridesagain
Msg: 5
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:49:52 PM
That watching 'Faux News' is hazardous to one's health. If allowed, it can fill one's mind with propganda and BS.

Amen too that BC,cbs,cnn,and the others dont hold a candle beside fox...
I stopped watching the news for a long time because of the skewed facts,or lack there of..
The only people that think their news is factual are the ones that tell them what too say...lol..

Meaning,Bush,Cheney,and Rove...

oops,i didn't answer the question...lol...If i new CPR i would give it no matter the persons sexual preference....
 Italian43
Msg: 6
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:53:44 PM
that is what I wanted to know ...not opionions about Tv.....Ther IS a question to this forum!!!
 indicalover
Msg: 7
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:07:22 PM
^^^ Seriously, Fox news is so bad, no one else reported it. Geez, the topic is whether or not you think it's wrong for the guy to NOT save the other, because the other is gay. It's not about what news station you watch.

I think it's wrong that the guy just let him die. Who made him God, to make the choice that the other should go? But there's always good ol' fashion
 Shangrilah
Msg: 8
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:11:14 PM
Wow! That's the epitome of homophobia
 Italian43
Msg: 9
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:24:08 PM
WOW!! you people are very cold hearted....So wow yourF------selves. bless you all into a dying situation Hmmmm
 twobits45
Msg: 10
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 9:48:17 PM
^^^Yes, the guy dies while the liberals and conservatives argue about which TV Network has better news coverage. Only in America.
 spade 63
Msg: 11
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 10:15:18 PM
^^^Yes, the guy dies while the liberals and conservatives argue about which TV Network has better news coverage. Only in America.

The truth. nice post two bits
 grog27
Msg: 12
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 10:17:52 PM
^^^
Good point, twobits!
We might as well be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!
 cougar99
Msg: 13
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 3/3/2006 11:00:03 PM

Yes, the guy dies while the liberals and conservatives argue about which TV Network has better news coverage. Only in America

I agree also twobits...bur news can be slanted not only in America but also in Canada and anywhere else in the world...
Almost all news can contain propaganda...the business of reporting news is big money...with profits to be made.

As far as giving someone mouth to mouth.....in rescue training...we were thought to find something and use as a barrier..isn't too hard to do.
Funny......people will stick their finger in a dogs mouth before a humans.

That was a plain and simple waste of a life...homophobic beliefs..now determine life and death...how sad.

As far as FOX is concerned....something a few people forget about is how...Rupert Murdoch..started the Fox network and everyone..felt it is good for business
Seeing as how it gave competition to the big three.

The same way with CNN...when Ted Turner was accused of being unamerican ..becauae he let Toyota advertise between his broadcasts.

And he stated..that at the beginning of his network...Toyota was the only company to even give him a chance..as far as advertising dollars.

Well ya wanted competition...you got it.

Maybe we need to get congress to fund PBS....since they created it...to give us a more unbiased glimpse whats going on in our world...
 spade 63
Msg: 14
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 4/16/2006 10:01:09 PM
Cougar was meaning that the homophobic beliefs of person involved was the cause.
What you are describing is not personal world view. World view is not about one person. You are describing the culture of people who accept some forms of descrimination. This is not wrong per se, just not very forward or realistic in today's world, if we're going to make relationships between people better and not worse. If you ever knew someone who was gay, or had a gay person in your extended family, you might not see it as a damnable moral evil that needs to be righted. I guess it's easier to spell God than (Sciense) Huh?
 robert_paulson
Msg: 15
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 4/17/2006 12:22:14 AM
It's hard to even comment on the topic of the OP, because as many have already pointed out, Fox news is hard to believe.

So just because someone on the internet says Fox news said that a guy refused to give mouth to mouth to a homo because he was gay does not mean that this is exactly how things happened.

Howeve speaking personally, I would never give mouth to mouth, or CPR to anyone I did not know without using a proper one way valve mask. The chances of CPR actually working are so infinitely small that it would not be worth the risk IMO.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 16
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 4/17/2006 3:46:58 AM
Carrie does not watch Fox news. She used to watch Anderson Cooper 360 nightly but has better things to do now with her time.
Carrie
 longte
Msg: 17
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 4/17/2006 5:59:23 AM
Robert
CPR is known world wide as one of the best methods of bringing people back
Everyone should both know it and practice it
Anyone with kids who doesnt know and practice it is a fool

Unless a victim is bleeding everywhere, there is no real chance of catching anything

At some stage you have to ask yourself what any human life is worth

In saying that, every situation would be different
So it would not be easy giving some people CPR,
But it would be better than watching them die while knowing you could have saved them
 skoochie
Msg: 18
view profile
History
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 2/24/2015 7:35:21 PM
Looks like Fox News is gonna have some credibility issues if Bill O'Reilly isn't suspended for this lie he told about his activities in the Falklands.

Did Bill O'Reilly lie about war reporting?

Compiled by Tony Hicks thicks@bayareanewsgroup.com

Friday, Feb. 20, 2015 - 10:26 a.m.

In this Oct. 28, 2013 file photo, political commentator Bill O'Reilly attends the National Geographic Channel's "Killing Kennedy" world premiere screening reception at The Newseum, in Washington. (Photo by Paul Morigi/Invision/AP, File)
It's possible Bill O'Reilly has been pulling a Brian Williams for years.

Williams, as you know, is serving a six-month suspension from NBC News, after evidence surfaced he lied about coming under fire while in a helicopter in Iraq during the way. Now, left-leaning magazine Mother Jones is reporting that right-leaning O'Reilly also made up stories about being in a "war zone" during the Falklands War in 1982.

"I was in a situation one time in a war in Argentina in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete, and the army was chasing us," O'Reilly said on air April 17, 2013, according to Yahoo! News.

The Fox news anchor went on to say he saved his photographer's life by carrying him to safety, while dutifully reporting for CBS News.

"I had to make a decision, and I dragged him off," he said. "You know, but at the same time I'm looking around, trying to do my job. But I figured I had to get this guy out of there, because that was more important."

Advertisement
But David Corn, Washington bureau chief for Mother Jones, published a report Thursday saying O'Reilly was nowhere near the fighting between the United Kingdom and Argentina.

According to O'Reilly's former colleagues at CBS News, no American correspondents reached the war zone. The closest they could get was Buenos Aires -- 1,200 miles away.

Maybe O'Reilly was in the middle of a deliriously intense game of soccer with some locals. That's kind of like war ... maybe.

"Nobody from CBS got to the Falklands. I came close. We'd been trying to get somebody down there. It was impossible," said Bob Schieffer, CBS News' lead Falklands War correspondent at the time. "For us, you were a thousand miles from where the fighting was. So we had some great meals."

Susan Zirinsky, who managed CBS' war coverage from Buenos Aires, reportedly said she doesn't remember what O'Reilly did in Argentina but said the military junta prevented American journalists from going to the islands.

D'oh.

O'Reilly has reportedly mentioned his supposed time as a war correspondent several times over the years to show that he understands "life-and-death decisions" and is "not easily shocked."

O'Reilly responded to an attack from journalist Bill Moyers in 2008 by saying "I missed Moyers in the war zones of (the) Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland. I looked for Bill, but I didn't see him."

Suspiciously, they play soccer in all those places ...

O'Reilly responded Thursday to the Mother Jones' allegations, calling Corn's article "a piece of garbage."

"It's a hit piece," O'Reilly told Politico's On Media blog. "Everything I said about what I reported in South and Central America is true. Everything."

Of course it is. Never mind the person who would've been his supervisor at the time doesn't really remember him being there.

O'Reilly said Thursday he never claimed to have stepped foot on the Falkland Islands while covering the war.

"I was not on the Falkland Islands, and I never said I was. I was in Buenos Aires," he said. "In Buenos Aires we were in a combat situation after the Argentines surrendered."

O'Reilly called Corn a "liar" and "despicable guttersnipe."

Corn responded (admit it -- you think this is kind of fun) by telling On Media that O'Reilly was hiding behind name-calling while refusing to account for valid inconsistencies between his war stories and reality.

"He said he was in the war zone during the Falkland Island conflicts -- the conflict was in the Falkland Islands, it was not in Buenos Aires," Corn said to the Politico blog. "He covered a protest after the war was over in Buenos Aires. I don't think that's a reasonable definition of a combat situation. If you look up 'combat situation' in the dictionary, it's not 'an ugly protest.'"

Corn said he gave O'Reilly and Fox News and O'Reilly more than nine hours to address the allegations before he went public.

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ci_27566480/did-bill-oreilly-lie-about-war-reporting

Bully O'Reilly has addressed this with a threat. He said he will come after a repoter "with everything he's got. That the reporter is in the "kill zone". He punctuated that with, "You can take that as a threat."

Let's see if Fox has as much credibility as NBC. NBC actually did something about Brian Williams.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 19
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 2/24/2015 7:44:39 PM
Well at least he did not ask one of his producers if he could run some rub falafel on her lady bits and then go on to discuss lurid details about vibrators, phone sex, threesomes, masturbation, Caribbean shower fantasies, a Thai sex show, stewardess trysts, vehicular coupling, and Al Franken.

Edits, oppps it looks he has already done that, my bad.
 matthew83co
Msg: 20
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 2/24/2015 7:57:03 PM

A man refused to give another man mouth to mouth,because the man passed out was gay.The Gay man died .What is your opion,when it comes to saving a human life?

Pro-life shouldn't discriminate.
 high-ground
Msg: 21
view profile
History
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 2/24/2015 11:53:17 PM
Mouth to mouth is no longer recommended by the red cross, and wasn't when I took a WSI course in 2002. Whether gay or not the exchange of bodily fluids is a risk, and that's why many responders wear latex gloves among other protective gear.

I would recommend to all here that you learn CPR, and have in your home and car a mouth to mouth device. I'm sure for most your immediate family you would risk direct contact, but even among close relatives you may have doubts.

Defibrillators are somewhat expensive (about $1000), but if you live with someone that has abnormal blood pressure or heart problems it's proper use has better results than CPR.
 calguy14
Msg: 22
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 2/25/2015 2:32:39 AM
For what reason is m to m not recommended? It works
 skoochie
Msg: 23
view profile
History
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:00:54 AM
Studies show the survival rates of patients receiving hands-only CPR and those receiving standard CPR (with rescue breaths) have similar outcomes. The survival rate is statistically the same.

The advantage of hands-only CPR is that it is easier to explain, and bystanders are more comfortable doing that when 911 operators are instructing them. As posted already, the risk of exchanging bodily fluids is enough to deter people from even trying standard CPR.

Rescue breathing is still recommended for certain types of heart attacks, acute asthma attacks, COPD patients, drownings, and children.
 tgif111
Msg: 24
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 2/25/2015 7:42:58 AM
is someone suggesting that if you don't help someone out by giving mouth to mouth they are criminally liable?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 25
On Fox News today.....
Posted: 2/25/2015 7:53:29 AM

is someone suggesting that if you don't help someone out by giving mouth to mouth they are criminally liable?

Nope, someone is suggesting that Bill O'Reilly is a first class douche bag liar.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > On Fox News today.....