Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4Suns3
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Men who wear sunglasses in their profilesPage 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Is it just me, or do you find it strange & suspicious that some men have pictures with sunglasses on, or from far away, or with a bunch of attractive women in their pictures? I think that any guy using their main profile photo with sunglasses on, has something to hide or else he's married or involved with someone. Guys who have pictures with a bunch of women indicates insecurity or trying to show off that they can be around attractive women = RED FLAG! You can't even get a true feel for what they truly look like. If someone e-mails me with either:

1. sunglasses on
2. pictures with a bunch of women
3. pictures from far away
4. no picture

I'm not likely to respond.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 2
Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:25:44 PM
no its not just you
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:53:36 PM
but you have personality^ lol
and I think you have other pics too...
 Remodel_Guy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:02:56 PM
Now, lets hear from those of us who actually choose to put that picture with the glasses out here!

I, dont have alot of pictures to put out here, So, I put what I did have.....Well, I think just posting a picture is a big step for some of us....Now, once we have made that leap into the publics view, I dont think its fair that anyone here should be so critical to judge Me or any one else with or without glasses.....My Eyes arent crooked, and I am not hiding anything.. As you may notice, I am well tanned, and spend most of my days working in the Sun, by choice!! Part of that includes wearing Sunglasses...Now, would you prefer I post a picture that doesnt really represent who I really am?

Lets hear it from everyone!!
 texascrab
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:04:47 PM
I don't get the men who post pictures with other women. Don't they know that is a turn off for other women. They are suppose to be on here looking for a woman. It would be like a woman posting a pic with a bunch of good looking guys, they would be turned off. LOL
 texascrab
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:07:34 PM
I actually don't have a problem with the sunglasses. Except for the big police ones that went out of style a few years ago. LOL
 Usbass60
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/17/2008 5:07:42 PM
I have pictures of me with sunglasses, without sunglasses and with my glasses. Most of the time I wearing what I have on, I am not posing or anything premeditated. As far as distance and close, I am just lucky to have a few pictures!!! And those are taken by my son(8yrs old). Yes..players or men who like a bunch of women at one time are easy to see, just look at the pictures. You will see what you look for...If you know what you are looking for!!!!!
 _Icon_
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/17/2008 5:21:10 PM
It means he is trying to hide his shifty, beady eyes. Most likely a terrorist.
 boutenuf
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 5:58:28 PM
I do not automatically suspect the worse. Some people are active outdoors and have others snap pictures when they have their glasses on. Pictures far away, could just be bad photography lol, pictures with bunches of women, does make me wonder. No, picture I read the profile and give the benefit of the doubt. If I find that I have been deceived, it's only one meeting.
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:06:28 PM
What gets me is the men who wear their sunglasses......with their motorcycle helmets on also!! Talk about hiding!! I don't care about the bike.....I want to see the man!

And yes men, it is a turn off to have other women in your pictures. You lower your chances by doing that.

~Sexy Vixen 4u~
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:44:51 PM
I'm crushed... I really am. Next thing you know your gonna say you don't like bald men!

Sorry some of us don't sit around and pose for pics all the time. I, personally, am usually on the wrong side of the camera, as I would much rather take a pic then be in one!

But it doesn't matter, because I KNOW I am beautiful ... look at the name!
 toni.
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 8:31:28 PM
Guys wearing sunglasses doesn't bother me, the pictures with women is kind of annoying.
 tootsie-22
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 8:38:17 PM
I have been soooooo tempted to take a pic of myself with sunglasses and a baseball cap and then put that up as my main pic...wonder how many will look at me then!!!!!!

I think that us women need to get together and post a pic of us with sunglasses and a baseball cap..who's with me????
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/17/2008 8:42:44 PM
I dislike the pictures with the women hanging onto a man. Total turnoff.

Sunglasses are a bit of a different matter; in addition to the glasses, ever notice how many men are on bikes, holding up a fish, standing next to a car, or are displaying a dead animal?

Of course you have. But why?

Because that's when most guys have their pictures taken--displaying their trophies, whether a car or the dead fish/animal (maybe that's why they have pictures of women hanging on them--trophies). A lot of men, and women, don't like to have their pictures taken, so they need to pose with a prop. I often see people holding a phone, which just makes them look stupid.

I think the sunglasses fall into much the same category. They are outside with a group and someone says, "Hey! Let me take your picture."

Sunglasses will not hide a man from his wife--she will recognize him anyway.
 _Icon_
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/17/2008 9:01:57 PM

Surely they jest!

Everyone knows that terrorists always wear sunglasses.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:00:46 AM
Hey.. I wore sunglasses in one of my photos.. but it was just to keep the bugs & breeze out of my eyes...AND I even unbuttoned my suit to show off my high-$$$ beer belly (that thing cost me a fortune!) If they want to see any more than that, they'll have to take me out. Depending on how THEY look,.. they might have to get ME drunk first!
 hapeenurse
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:19:30 AM
I'm impressed that it only took a few posts in this thread for someone to quote cory hart, yay!

anyway , sunglasses okay , harem of drunken women hanging off you like you're that guy who does all those "girls gone wild" video things - bit of a turn off

hmm I wonder what my stance on a guy wearing sunglasses being surrounded by women would be ...now theres a toughie!
 BeachlessBlond
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:34:14 AM
Pictures of guys in sunglasses in outdoor shots don't bother me. It's the ones where a guy is sitting on a couch or chair and he's got them on. Unless a person's handicapped, wearing shades indoors looks shifty.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/18/2008 1:46:43 AM
WANTED: 6-12 scantilly clad good-looking drunk women to hang on or about my arm/chest,/leg area for a profile photograph. .. I hate being out-done by anyone with profile pics! Not looking at many guy's profiles,. I had no idea this was going on! I feel soOOOOOoo "behind the times" I DEMAND equal scantilly-clad coverage! Hmmmm maybe I can photoshop them in...(runs to locate Penthouse back-issues!)
 Vannili
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 2:33:33 AM
Canuck 43, I have notice these sunglasses,with bunch of women and blurry pics.
 Ghost Shadow
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:52:32 PM
Heheheheh! You ARE funny! and I thought sunglasses were your only problem. What a profile... pardon the rest of us lower scum uneducated low income unprofessional lack of heritage and pedigree common folk who wear sunglasses in our profile pix!!!

Maybe some of us wear sunglasses to cut the glare from those bosom photos some, "ahem", women like to use in their profiles (present company intended). What's up widdat! Does more cleavage reflect greater intelligence or attractiveness, what could you possibly be hiding by distracting a man's attention!

Perhaps I'm hiding from a wife, or two, or exes, or those women I hired to pose with me in my last profile, or maybe I'm hiding my sinister eyes from eye scanners who would find me and collect the over due alimony, or maybe I don't want to be found if someone recognized me from the post office pictures, or the milk carton missing child photos... enhanced for age. And darn it anyway... I even had a flower painted on my face to distract from the sunglasses.

and why do Canadians have to come to America in order to be found and make it big, then criticize our way of life... 'splain that one to me Lucy! You brag about Alberta and live in Palmdale... the sunglass wearing capital of the world! Heheheh

awww, I'm just kidding... honestly! This was such fertile ground for some good ole fashioned teasing humor. I didn't mean anything mean by it... really, cross my eyes and ... uh, but then you wouldn't be able to see that huh? ... you are too funny! Have a great and wonderful shady life in good ole sunny Cali phorn iah!
 boutenuf
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 1:31:53 PM
I think people sometimes look to fault everyone and worry about things that make no sense. Like I said if you are disappointed after meeting them it is only one meeting.
 jimmywalton407825092
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/18/2008 2:41:38 PM
Guys look macho in sunglasses. thats all!!!
Relax. But shall remember this for future reference. thanx
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/18/2008 2:46:39 PM

Or the pictures of men next to very big expensive cars/bikes but you can't see them at all! Who's to say it's their car/bike anyway....they might be polishing it for a living! lol

I personally can't stand the pics of women bending over in front of the mirror using their cell phone as a camera as if they are trying to show off their b**bs!
 circe 1
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/18/2008 2:51:36 PM
If the only photo a man posts is one where he is wearing sunglasses, I will NOT respond, and have even included that in my profile. What it tells me is a) they are too lazy to post decent photos or b) there is something wrong with them
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles