Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > rumors. what would you do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mae B
Msg: 2
rumors. what would you do?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
hmmm
Depends on what the outcome is you want.
Is your friend listening to the ex and is mad at you, and you want to rescue the friendship? .......or do you just want her to stop yapping about you?
Talk to your friend and explain whats going on... i would hope he would take your friendship over the nastiness of his ex.
As for the guy being the run around rumour spreader, he's just trying to get into her pants, playing the sympathy card.
Best theory is to just ignore it.. they are trying to get a reaction out of you to cause sh!t. As hard as that may be to do...it is the best way.
If someone asks you directly, tell the truth, but don't badmouth.
YOU ARE THE BETTER PERSON

or

you could start a rumour that she has a third lip and you were too disgusted to keep going.
good luck
 Creter
Msg: 3
rumors. what would you do?
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:48:46 AM
Funny thing is, the less you do the better off you are. Just makes them look like the lowlife they truely are. I know thats the hardest thing to do. But Im telling you bro,,,,It works.

I have had people on POF spreading lies and bullshit about me. I don't give them the dignity of a response. Where are they now. Gone, and nobody is missing them. Its like stepping in dogshit. Might stink for a bit. But it never lasts.
 Creter
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:59:12 AM
It wasn't her spreading the stories was it?

Creter
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:14:12 AM
Thats no rumor...shes bowlegged this morning.
 Creter
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:30:10 AM
You have to watch out for that. Not good for the computer.,,,OOps better get going. Here comes bullegged now.
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:11:32 PM
I would fart inside her car when she's not there, and when she gets in her car BOOOYAH - it stinks for almost 10 seconds till she rolls the windows down.

Or if she's hot, have sex with her.
 Creter
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:26:41 PM
If ever you run into her in a crouded bar with a hot guy on her arm. Say as loud as you can "Shove your thumb up her ass, She loves it" Ill bet that will get her to stop talking about you.
 Kiaa
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/2/2006 7:13:40 AM
if you and your friend are turly good friends he will know the truth. dont let it bug you, you know what is right you know you didnt so no worries. keep on going on with your life rememerb its only a rumor
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2006 8:08:01 AM
The HOW rumors start is clearly written here. Long story made short. (details not important) yeah right. ---- School teenager soap opera starts - goes all the way to the school board.

Hearing: Young girls states (as fact) well, Mrs.____ and Mr. ____ were staying in the motel room next to mine. - OK, that was true. What was NOT stated is that, Mrs. is the sister-in-law of the Mr. - and NOT stated was that Mr.'s wife and daughter also shared the room.

My list could go on and on and on about how hurtful rumors can be. I do ignore them but it still amazes me that other people DON'T. - W.W. reading between the lines may be the revelation that GETS a rumor started. Did you hear the rumor that Bill screwed Monica? Well, he didn't.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 1:35:41 PM
^^^ cute...

of course, Plato and Socrates were both gay and unmarried...

i've learned the hard way to take Agent Mulder's advice:

Trust No One

and when the true extent of people's stupidity and cruelty becomes clear, apply for a transfer to a new city at work.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/10/2007 8:29:08 AM
Oh Heck I think theres thousands of RUMOURS floating around POF about me !
And yes I have heard some of these too!
But I am a person who does not listen to others telling rumours about people.
As most times those spreading these rumours is either jealous or just trying to make the other person look bad.

As for me I find out straight from whom ever it is who's being trashed or being made to look bad . I don't get into people who think putting someone down or trashing someone is fun .

Spreading rumours is not what a friend would do and anyone saying thier your friend isn't a friend if their spreading nasty rumours about you.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > rumors. what would you do?