Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > Real women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brewswain
Msg: 6
Real womenPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
lonesome dove, you are in bad shape if you dont know any real men. ALL men are real unless you have some 'imaginary friends'.
 bashfulB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 5/23/2008 1:01:47 PM
Yes we are all for real. Life makes us who we are and the older you get the more you realize how short life is and I think we get a little more choosy. Not a bad thing but it could cost us a real good relarionship.I want to be more out going and not afraid to take that chance. How about you all?
 ok72076
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 5/23/2008 8:41:10 PM
I totally agree with Bashfulb ..... life's too short and you need to act.
Unfortunately, it seems we have a lot of lovely ladies in the North Tri-Suburbs... (Jacksonville, Sherwood and Cabot) who want to find Mr. Right but seem afraid to act and meet for dinner to talk and see if anything really clicks.
Some people can play games writing stuff but it's hard to hide the real you in person.
Now the original poster had a point about some ladies: I've meet several in a row who were just looking for a steady weekend meal ticket ... when they aren't busy with kids/grandkids and didn't seem interested in developing a "relationship."
 sware2
Msg: 13
Real women
Posted: 5/24/2008 3:08:36 PM
It just seems to me that if you are really real.. honest, caring and affectionate.. they do not think you could be real... LOL I want a real man.. a gentleman that is also a gentle man. Does that exist?
 Hawkdream
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:03:12 AM
Naah, Glock. I'm as real as they come and I love nice guys. It's the foolish, immature young (or not-so young) things who don't get it.
 sware2
Msg: 18
Real women
Posted: 7/22/2008 11:05:11 AM
I am real.. I was raised right too... and from what I have seen.. that gets you no where now days. I have actually had men look at me like I was crazy when I stop and wait for him to open my door for me. But I do expect respect. I am a lady that loves being a woman and I DO expect respect. In turn.. he will get same respect as a man. Old fashion values are hard to find in todays society of ME's. I think of others first. I am not worried about meeting someone.. if the REAL man comes along.. I will know it. And will spend the rest of my life keeping a smile on his face bigger than the one he could ever put on mine! WE are all REAL.. its WHAT we are REAL at that matters. Some are REAL players, some are REAL honest. Some just just REAL pains and some are REAL nice. Etc..
 Hawkdream
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 7/24/2008 4:15:52 PM
I've gotten the same reaction when I've waited for a man to open a door, Sware2. And you make a great point about what people are REAL at. Guess we need to specify what we're talking about when we ask for "real", huh?
Did want to qualify something. I DO play a few games: pool, rummy...
 sware2
Msg: 20
Real women
Posted: 7/24/2008 6:21:47 PM
you play the REAL fun games.. not the ones of the heart, mind or spirit..
 Mike72801
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 7/25/2008 4:11:16 AM
What do people mean when they say play games? Less than honest? That is the only thing I can think of. Communication is hard. You have to be honest and not have such a thin skin for it to work. Very few people want to hurt another person so they sometimes dance around the truth or maybe they lie a little bit to themselves.

Beyond this I don't know what people call games.
 sware2
Msg: 22
Real women
Posted: 7/25/2008 5:49:07 PM
games are based on dishonesty... people portray to be someone or something they aren't. They do tell you one thing but really mean another... and most do not intentionally set out to hurt someone.. but trust me.. I have recently found out.. some get pure enjoyment out of it. I can only speak from a woman standpoint.. and on my own behalf. But when someone says something to me.. I still try to believe them until proven differently. There are men out here that play a game with other men to see who can win a woman first... high school type stuff. And there are women that are jealous and conniving and mean and some even down right vicious..

That is what I meant in an earlier post.. we are all REAL just what we are REAL at is the question.
 Hawkdream
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 7/27/2008 12:25:00 PM
I think some of the people who play games just haven't figured out who (or what) they want to be when they grow up. They haven't taken the time to work on themselves and have some mask or front to protect themselves. These are the ones who are "innocent" (but naive) game-players.
Then there are some who are not healthy in their own skin, like some people who have bipolar disorder and actually believe their own lies, at times.
And then there are the ones who are predators and just lie for whatever they want to get. Those men & women are the predatory ones, who don't really believe their own lies, but who have such a sense of "entitlement" that the ends justifies the means in their minds, and the LAST thing they want is a healthy relationship or a person who knows them as they truly are. These are the folks who are incapable of sustaining lasting, committed relationships.
Talk's cheap and words cost nothing. But if you want to know a person's true character, you have to take the time and put in the effort to communicate. If they don't, then it's pretty likely they aren't what they present to you.
 sware2
Msg: 24
Real women
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:02:56 PM
Hawkdream: That is true.. I agree with you.. and it sure seems the older we get.. more and more are like that. Do you think Jealousy, greed, envy, or maybe even just loneliness has something to do with that? It gets frustrating dealing with negative people... and the games they play to get what they want. I have been through alot in my life and I do not have time for the pettiness or games.. I just try to be me.. I answer for my own actions. I have even had it used against me because I DID have a good marriage for 20 yrs and did it right. the until death did we part. So yeah.. I am real.. I know what I want in life.. doesn't mean I will find it again.. but I have hope.. just wish more people could just be happy and nice and yes.. be REAL....
 Hawkdream
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 7/31/2008 3:51:57 PM
A medicine man once told me that the best answer to a lot of questions is "not yet". I find that so very true in dating, even at my age. Red flags go up any time a man or woman talks about being in love the first few weeks (or hours) they've spent talking with that person. I think some people truly are deceived, and then some are just doing it for whatever they can get. It sure can get frustrating trying to find a love worth having and I've become resigned to just making new friends.
Yep, I know what you're talking about. Was married 30 years to my first husband. He died in Nov 1999 and I was looking at pictures my son posted on a website he has, yesterday. It had pix of us in 1969 and early 70s. And I still started crying when I looked too long at a picture of him when we first married. Am I looking for another one of him? Not at all. We disagreed as hard as we loved, sometimes and he had bipolar disorder that made him impossible at times. But we were best friends and lovers and that's special.
 sware2
Msg: 26
Real women
Posted: 8/16/2008 11:09:41 AM
Hawkdream.. I lost a wonderful husband after 20 yrs of marriage.. you can not take away the memories and you can not replace the person.. but we sure can love again and be happy again.. I have to believe in that. There is so much meanness and hatefulness and unhappiness in this world now days.. The tears I shed are sadness... most will never know true love because they are too busy being miserable or making others miserable.
 sware2
Msg: 28
Real women
Posted: 8/16/2008 1:32:43 PM
you are absolutely right!!!!!!
 twiztedangel
Msg: 29
Real women
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:31:54 PM
im tired of looking for a guy who knows how to treat a gurl cause everytime i think ive found one he breaks my heart and im sick of it
 ok72076
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:50:50 PM
Angel,

An ex wive can be just as bad!
 pingpongak
Msg: 33
Real women
Posted: 11/3/2008 9:05:58 AM
i give up someone stop the world from truning and let me off dont want to ride anymore
 Hawkdream
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 1/19/2009 6:57:55 PM
I heard a song back in the 60s: "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, don't make a pretty woman your wife. Take it from my personal point of view. Pick an ugly girl to marry you..."
That's all the words I can remember of it. I was married to a "pretty boy", too. The problem with really beautiful people of either sex, sometimes, is they KNOW it.
These days, I don't really want a man that other women want, (as long as he is what I want). Competition is highly over-rated!
 ok72076
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Real women
Posted: 1/19/2009 7:43:36 PM
I just want a lady who likes 50 percent or so of the things i LIKE, IS Free on weekneds when I'm free, can pay her own way, and preferably move in so we both save on $$$
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > Real women