Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Remember when sex was dirty?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Remember when sex was dirty?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Remember when sex wasn't talked about so freely? When it wasn't depicted in every film, tv show and commericial? When it wasn't discussed freely between men and women? When fetishes were not reduced to hobbies? When thinking about sex was considered "dirty"? Does anyone else think it was more exciting back then?
 islandgal3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Remember when sex was dirty?
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:06:53 AM
That was back when "safe sex" meant putting the car in park first - rofl
 ohdriver
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:09:16 AM
Yes, I do remember those days – all too well. I grew up in them. And it wasn’t exciting for me. It was repressive, stultifying, airless and incredibly dull. One of the reasons I come here is to hear from women who want and need sex, and enjoy it, and think it’s beautiful, healthful and positive.

Negative attitudes toward human sexuality still abound, even here at POF; you wouldn’t have to look far to find them. But I think they’re an unhealthy vestige of the past, and those who still hold to and espouse them inevitably come off sounding prudish, creepy and a bit juvenile.

I don’t have much appetite for titillation. I don’t need “naughtiness”. That holds all the excitement of stealing candy from the corner store. I want sex that feeds my soul and spirit, sex that’s deep and creative and joyous, sex that nourishes and sustains me. And I want it in every shape and size and colour of the rainbow, and I want it without shame.

You can have the Fifties. Ugh. Makes me want to wash.

od
 big_bud_49
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:30:58 AM
i remember when i went to see the movie the italian job the 1st one in 1969 and i ask my 2friends if they wanted to go and their dad said NO cause the title was dirty and so was the poster and i dont think any one even kissed in it....but some awesome car chases....i was 12 and so was one of the brothers the other was 14....
 azblueskies57
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:36:44 AM
I would say no, maybe because I am only 48!
 mcgyver52
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:52:22 PM
Nope . Peace , Love , Acid .

Wowser of a time ,but I wouldn,t go back . Just fond memories........
 ksue44
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:08:02 PM
Hmm, the funniest thing that I can think about as far as sex, is that little talk my Mom had with me 2 days before I got married... I was sitting there at the table eating cereal.. Mother had never discussed sex before.. Anyway, she sits down and says "never use sex as a weapon"... I almost choked on my cereal, partly from laughter because it was coming from my Mom, and partly from shock... Bless her heart, but she was and still is a prude!! It is good advice though.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:09:20 PM
sex is only dirty until you figure out how everything works...
 KTrout
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/9/2006 2:10:36 PM
Old Joke:

It is if you do it right.
 Red Rocks
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/9/2006 4:32:04 PM
And girls thought you would get pregnant if you were french kissing.
 Nobatteries
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:13:53 PM
sex is dirty?
The only people who EVER treat sex as dirty or bad are people who have issues with sex...

between two people who have some connection or feelings for each other, it's incredible...the most amazing and wonderful thing that can happen...there is nothing better...other than breathing...

now, if you want dirt, throw in those rubber sheets, a gallon of wesson oil, two large candles, a ladder, a pair of 4 inch spike heels (size 12)...and an order of onion rings...
 dceeeee
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:56:49 PM
Ha Ha..THIS will show my age....I remember when the first male centerfold came out in Cosmopolitan...it was Burt Reynolds!! We knew for months that it was coming out, and even heard through the grapevine, what store would have it!!! It was the talk of the town!!! So funny now, looking back....

I'm not old enough to remember when it was 'dirty', but I remember when it wasn't discussed as freely as it is now....

~DC~
 MickeyDo
Msg: 13
Remember when sex was dirty? Sears Catalog?
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:35:32 PM
Does anyone remember the guy in the Sears Catalog? He was a underware model.
If not, his tool was hanging out past the bottom of his boxers. It was hanging out long enough for you to see. my SIL and wife and others were cracking up so much, the guys had to come check it out. All we could do was be Jealous .

MickeyDo2
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction.
 juju b
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:14:30 PM
Sex was more exciting back then because it always is for young people, for whom it is new and unknown. I never associated with people who considered sex "dirty". Those would have been the straight church people whose other views were equally retarded. Sex was fun, natural, normal, healthy and clean. Hippies loved sex because it felt good and was free, among other things. Sex is better now because now is all I got.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:34:53 AM

That was back when "safe sex" meant putting the car in park first - rofl

I thought safe sex was when your wife didn't catch you....

Actually, do I remember when sex was dirty?

I don't even remember when sex WAS.......
 BDA7DD
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/10/2006 9:55:22 PM
Sex is still dirty, which is why I'm so addicted to it!

Seriously though, it's a tough call... on one hand, I really don't like how uptight society still is at times when it comes to sex, but part of me also likes the whole "forbidden fruit" aspect of it... just knowing it's considered "wrong" in the minds of others makes it that much more seductive to me. If sex became so overly nonchalant and casual that everyone was legally doing it in public parks, as hot and amazing and utopian as that would be, I'd be afraid of it losing part of its appeal.

Meh, I guess I just think too deeply about things at times.
 spudmama
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/18/2006 7:42:03 PM
some people still think sex is dirty. i don't want to do something that intimate with someone who thinks it's nasty.
 RDtoo
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 10:22:29 PM
I think some misinterpreted my original idea. Sex is a beautiful thing...as far as I can remember. It just seemed a little extra thrilling when it was not something so freely discussed or so blantantly displayed everywhere. Just my opinion.
 Tansi
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:04:06 AM
I can remember vividly my fiance/now ex husband telling me that if I didn't "do it" his testicles would explode. So....I went home and asked my mom if that was true. At 19 I still hadn't been talked to about sex.

ps "I so wish they had exploded"
 Gallivanting1
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:45:38 AM
Wow, exploding testicles! Now I've heard everything. It's amazing what kids will come up with if you don't talk to them about sex. So many misconceptions, so many learning experiences. Would I go back to that - never.

What amazes me is the number of parents that didn't talk to their kids because they didn't know the answers either (shudder).
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:51:02 AM
As one who is intimately familiar with both the myth of the exploding testicles and the actual act of abstinence, let me assure you that the myth is not true.

Some people choose to live a life of celibacy. Others (like me, for example) have it thrust upon them....
 dauchsie
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/19/2006 12:00:23 PM

Remember when sex wasn't talked about so freely? When it wasn't depicted in every film, tv show and commericial? When it wasn't discussed freely between men and women? When fetishes were not reduced to hobbies? When thinking about sex was considered "dirty"? Does anyone else think it was more exciting back then?

I remember my mom telling me if I kissed a boy I would get pregnant. She also told me, that sex was your duty......gawd how I hated those words....took a long time to rid my brain of that bunch of pure crap. Sex is the most beautiful word in the dictionary....and having the right person to enjoy it with is even better..I'll stick to the present day...trash the days of horror stories given out without thought of how it would impact your life...
 RDtoo
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:23:13 PM
Thanks for the laugh Tansi.
 ksue44
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:46:48 PM
I don't know if sex was more exciting when we couldn't talk about it as freely.. Sometimes I think we open up too fast because we live in an information and instant gratification society.. If you peel back one layer at a time, I think it leaves more to look forward to.
 daylillies
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:53:48 PM
its over rated now...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Remember when sex was dirty?