Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Remember when sex was dirty?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Remember when sex was dirty?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Remember when sex wasn't talked about so freely? When it wasn't depicted in every film, tv show and commericial? When it wasn't discussed freely between men and women? When fetishes were not reduced to hobbies? When thinking about sex was considered "dirty"? Does anyone else think it was more exciting back then?
 islandgal3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Remember when sex was dirty?
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:06:53 AM
That was back when "safe sex" meant putting the car in park first - rofl
 big_bud_49
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:30:58 AM
i remember when i went to see the movie the italian job the 1st one in 1969 and i ask my 2friends if they wanted to go and their dad said NO cause the title was dirty and so was the poster and i dont think any one even kissed in it....but some awesome car chases....i was 12 and so was one of the brothers the other was 14....
 azblueskies57
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:36:44 AM
I would say no, maybe because I am only 48!
 mcgyver52
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:52:22 PM
Nope . Peace , Love , Acid .

Wowser of a time ,but I wouldn,t go back . Just fond memories........
 ksue44
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:08:02 PM
Hmm, the funniest thing that I can think about as far as sex, is that little talk my Mom had with me 2 days before I got married... I was sitting there at the table eating cereal.. Mother had never discussed sex before.. Anyway, she sits down and says "never use sex as a weapon"... I almost choked on my cereal, partly from laughter because it was coming from my Mom, and partly from shock... Bless her heart, but she was and still is a prude!! It is good advice though.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:09:20 PM
sex is only dirty until you figure out how everything works...
 KTrout
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/9/2006 2:10:36 PM
Old Joke:

It is if you do it right.
 Nobatteries
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:13:53 PM
sex is dirty?
The only people who EVER treat sex as dirty or bad are people who have issues with sex...

between two people who have some connection or feelings for each other, it's incredible...the most amazing and wonderful thing that can happen...there is nothing better...other than breathing...

now, if you want dirt, throw in those rubber sheets, a gallon of wesson oil, two large candles, a ladder, a pair of 4 inch spike heels (size 12)...and an order of onion rings...
 dceeeee
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:56:49 PM
Ha Ha..THIS will show my age....I remember when the first male centerfold came out in Cosmopolitan...it was Burt Reynolds!! We knew for months that it was coming out, and even heard through the grapevine, what store would have it!!! It was the talk of the town!!! So funny now, looking back....

I'm not old enough to remember when it was 'dirty', but I remember when it wasn't discussed as freely as it is now....

~DC~
 MickeyDo
Msg: 11
Remember when sex was dirty? Sears Catalog?
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:35:32 PM
Does anyone remember the guy in the Sears Catalog? He was a underware model.
If not, his tool was hanging out past the bottom of his boxers. It was hanging out long enough for you to see. my SIL and wife and others were cracking up so much, the guys had to come check it out. All we could do was be Jealous .

MickeyDo2
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction.
 juju b
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:14:30 PM
Sex was more exciting back then because it always is for young people, for whom it is new and unknown. I never associated with people who considered sex "dirty". Those would have been the straight church people whose other views were equally retarded. Sex was fun, natural, normal, healthy and clean. Hippies loved sex because it felt good and was free, among other things. Sex is better now because now is all I got.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:34:53 AM

That was back when "safe sex" meant putting the car in park first - rofl

I thought safe sex was when your wife didn't catch you....

Actually, do I remember when sex was dirty?

I don't even remember when sex WAS.......
 spudmama
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/18/2006 7:42:03 PM
some people still think sex is dirty. i don't want to do something that intimate with someone who thinks it's nasty.
 RDtoo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 10:22:29 PM
I think some misinterpreted my original idea. Sex is a beautiful thing...as far as I can remember. It just seemed a little extra thrilling when it was not something so freely discussed or so blantantly displayed everywhere. Just my opinion.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:51:02 AM
As one who is intimately familiar with both the myth of the exploding testicles and the actual act of abstinence, let me assure you that the myth is not true.

Some people choose to live a life of celibacy. Others (like me, for example) have it thrust upon them....
 RDtoo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:23:13 PM
Thanks for the laugh Tansi.
 ksue44
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:46:48 PM
I don't know if sex was more exciting when we couldn't talk about it as freely.. Sometimes I think we open up too fast because we live in an information and instant gratification society.. If you peel back one layer at a time, I think it leaves more to look forward to.
 painter007
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:45:43 AM
yes and i still whisper those dirty nasty things
 Lynlin1957
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:57:39 AM
Yeah, and when married couples on TV slept in seperate, twin beds (because reality might infect young, impressionable minds), when female teachers had to take maternity leave as soon as they began showing, and the first pregnancy shown during prime time was on the Flintstones. While I don't miss the total prudery of that ere, sometimes I think we've come too far in the opposite direction. Welcome to American, the home of the extremists
 Esperanza143
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:44:37 AM
I remember one time out in the rain on the river bank at McPherson's Nut Bush off of Highway 18 A....it was sandy and muddy , and slippery....ohhhh...so.......opps...wrong kind of dirty sex....LOL...needed garbage bags to cover the seats until we could hit the showers.
(OK....OK...I knew what y'all really meant)
 GreySpot
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2006 3:57:22 PM
Lets see, I remember when my father told me about how babies came to be. I was about 11 years old. He said that a boy put his penis in a girl ... I remember thinking, eeuhh. I knew what my penis was for. Why would I want to pee in a gurl??? Besides, it was never, ever gonna happen because no way in the world was I ever gonna let a gurrl see me naked. lol
 RDtoo
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:44:09 PM
Hey Lynlin, I didn't realize that female teachers had to take a leave when their pregnancy began to show so they would not corrupt their students. Now those female teachers just have sex with their students..hmmmm.
 borb
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2006 3:52:02 PM
actually,sex has never been "dirty",the outside influences on our lives,ie.religous beliefs,political beliefs,peers,etc. have led many to believe that sex is"sinful"try to free yourself from this antiquated mindset,in fact sexual activity is comforting,liberating,healthy,and spiritual. what can be more comforting than the touch of another human being,more liberating than giving yourself to another,healthier than elevating the heart rate(ok,that ones sketchy,but i can assure you it`s more fun than freackin` jogging)and spiritual,well let me tell you,the congress of man and woman is as old as the "good book" itself! many of the problems of the world would be resolved quite easily if we could truly "love thy neighbour"
 serenaoak
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/3/2006 5:11:55 PM

I can remember vividly my fiance/now ex husband telling me that if I didn't "do it" his testicles would explode.... ps "I so wish they had exploded"

LOL!!!!!

Of all the funny statements in this thread this one cracks me up most of all! Thanks for the laugh. I didn't feel bad, but nevertheless I feel SO much better now. I don't care if it was posted in March, because I am just now reading it, so it's fresh for me.

Serena Oak
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Remember when sex was dirty?