Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what is wrong with me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redheadforu
Msg: 1
what is wrong with me?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This is a question for all the men out there, I am a normal girl (not this barbie doll type)and i cant seem to find a half decent guy out there. I just want a guy who wants to hang out and have some fun and not just bedroom fun either. All i get is pigs, its either mmmmmm are you a natural redhead EVERYWHERE, i'll sleep with you, or mmmm sexy i hear redheads are good in bed you wanna come to my bed. God is there any men out there that can just say hi how are you and not make rude comments Im sorry but that is the colour of my hair, i was born with it and im not changing it just because guys out there can't get a grip. Am i reading way to much into this or what. I have only been on 2 dates since my seperation and both went really bad because they all wanted sex on the first date and i am not like that, do i have to start putting out on the first date to find a good guy or what?
 patrickbeyond
Msg: 2
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:11:14 PM
Hmm there's nothing wrong with you, maybe you just need to give some good guys a chance?

Sure there's a lot of idiots on this site, but that's the way it is in the real world too.
 commonsens
Msg: 3
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:14:31 PM
On this online dating, from what i saw in my very short periode of presence is that for 1 good guys, there is 30 bad ones...(goes same for woman i guess). So, patience is a virtue, do not give up...and good luck!
 Adrenaline Rush
Msg: 4
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:17:21 PM
Hey, so i read your profile, and i agree with the previous posts. you seem really cool and you are very attractive, but you need to chill and wait it out. Im going kind of nuts myself, but what can ya do right? its better to wait for the right person than take on all the wrong ones.
hope that helps. see ya!
 PSUgrad
Msg: 5
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:19:54 PM
I think that's the last thing you would want to do to find a good guy! As for the reason you receive all these undesired emails, I would have to say it's due solely to your profile. I think if you just tweak your profile a little bit you will get much more desirable results.
 rain_city
Msg: 6
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:22:51 PM
Hey guys!!!!! I am a very attractive redhead just looking for some fun in my life.....I am newly seperated and i would like to get into having the fun that i haven't had in so long., I have green eyes and a fair comlextion and the body isn't bad either.....lol. Not looking for anything to serious but having a man in my life to do things with is a great feeling, drop me a line and we can take it from there[\quote]

readhead: I'm sure there's nothing "wrong" with you. But your profile could use an EDIT.

Reread your profile as republished here. To most men, and women for that matter, your profile screams "You just want to have fun (to most men and women that means SEX ONLY). You're recently separated (thus vunerable) and you're not looking for anything "serious".

You're probably a deep person looking for long-term love. But, honey... the words in your profile give most a different first impression.
 rain_city
Msg: 7
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:26:33 PM
Hey, I'm a computer nerd.... What the heck happened to my "quoting"? ABOVE?
 the supernatural
Msg: 8
view profile
History
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:37:29 PM
do i have to start putting out on the first date to find a good guy

I keep reading this hoping that it will make sense.
 PepperStar
Msg: 9
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:42:45 PM
I agree with Rain City, often "fun" is guyspeak for "sex". Maybe you should specify what activities you consider to be fun, so there won't be so many misunderstandings.
 redheadforu
Msg: 10
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:01:02 PM
i have profiles on other site that are nothing like this one and i get the same thing forget it i will just met some guy at the produce section in the grocery store and maybe i will have better luck.....lol
 drummerboi
Msg: 11
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:11:41 PM
hey redhead,
i just read your profile and it is very easy to see why you attract the guys you do.
i emplore you to re-read it. and maybe revise it too.
when you go and say things like "and the body isn't bad either....lol"
well cmon, what kind of picture are ya trying to paint there?
that doesn't tell me...or any man on this planet, that you just wanna have a picnic in the park. you are making obvious statements that you have a nice body. you are drawing attention to the physical aspects. what kinds of responses do you really expect to get?
it sounds to me like your intentions are true...but the bait is your looks and body.
it's kind of like a woman that dresses in revealing clothes crying because men don't take them serious. don't advertise if you aren't selling.
if you want a fun activity partner...concentrate on making that the focal point.
not how nice your body is.
 buccaneer38
Msg: 12
view profile
History
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:14:02 PM
Maybe you are picking the wrong guys? There are lots of good women on the planet and lots of good guys. You just have to look harder to find the good deals. Keep looking they are out there. Tracy
 rain_city
Msg: 13
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:34:17 PM
Redheadforu;
You seem like a cool chick.

If your "different profiles" on "other" sites are garnering the same results as here, and you're not happy with them, then you have my sympathy. I'm at a loss for words. I'm sorry for your continuity of results in life.

On the bright side... at least you're getting "results".

Good luck with your endeavours.
 buccaneer38
Msg: 14
view profile
History
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:16:48 AM
Rain City, you shouldn't limit yourself to 75 miles! You are a way attractive woman that many men, would fly to meet.

To keep on track with this subject matter: Redheadforu, just keep plugging away and you will find your perfect mate. There isn't anything wrong with you.Tracy
 Feeniks
Msg: 15
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:29:48 AM
Best way to weed out bad emails would be to specify the "sex on the first date" problem. Your profile reads like that's exactly the menu. Try "Looking for companionship. Not into one-night stands or casual sex, just wanna get out of the house."
Then, even if you are, you've kept control of expectations.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 16
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:39:51 AM
OP
I can relate to what your saying and feel the same.
I think grocery store is better.... a bar at closing time and getting one
off the floor is better than this arena.

I know what you mean.
But this is cyberland.... where fugly joe can pretend hes a stud.. a kid in a sexual candy store.... forget he is a loser in real life... and have his pick of any candy out there ;)
 redheadforu
Msg: 17
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:44:45 AM
FRANGAL

THAT WAS FUNNY AND YOUR RIGHT LMAO
 diamond1965
Msg: 18
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:17:38 AM
some men are pigs, agreed..some men are just looking to lay a hair colourr, agreed. but there are a few of us nice guys left, and if it really really bothers you, date a blind man and tell him you are a blonde.....smiles.....
never change who you are for someone else
 solax
Msg: 19
view profile
History
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:01:02 AM
lol wow ok copple things you may want to conciter there are what 10 billion people in the world? you date 2 oif them and you ready to wright men off foever ? ok now with that said internet dateing is a harsh mistress i havent really tryed but its been what almoast 8 years since i posted my first internet personals ad and i met a few dosen people all of witch have failed in a relationship with me but i move on i know that somewhere theres a person for me all i have to do is keep my line in the water and ill find someone
 CaptainLucid
Msg: 20
view profile
History
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:36:11 AM
My guess would be that she is not here for a legit relationship. There are crazy people in life. There are divas who judge their success by seeing how ****y they can be and still get away with it. They LOVE to complain about the media attention they put up with as a star and all the routines they have to go through to be perfect. In reality though they pander to the media. Any celebrity ****ing about the paparrazi is lying. Ask them how they would feel if the Paparazzi didn't care enough to follow them? Does it excite you more to turn a guy down and feel superior than to go for love? Does saying no to an executive make you happier than a good relationship with a regular joe would?
 bristle
Msg: 21
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 11:25:33 AM
If you put out on the first date, do it because you want to. But that is not the way you will find a good guy. There is a simpler method that most people forget and that is to talk. Talk in IM, talk on the phone. What is the hurry? For women, they have hundreds of choices so take your time.

If a guy cant talk to you, then why even bother to take it to any other level?

*added*

just looked at your profile and you right away eliminate talk as an option. argh. women drive me nuts.
 Felanie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 11:40:50 AM
lmao... the grocery store?
Gonna stroke the bananas?? Squeeze the apples?? shake the ketchup bottle???
sniff the peaches, and then give him a lingering look over the linguini??

Good grief!!!! Go out and have some fun... enjoy being single for a while.
 TONY5123
Msg: 23
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:55:12 PM
TAKE IT FROM A GUY WHO KNOWS THOUGH MOST ON THIS SIDE MIGHT THINK IT IS STRANGE
I HAVE BEEN WITH AN ANGEL FOR EIGHT YEARS NOW AND I HAVE NOT TRIED ANYTHING WITH HER NOT THAT I WOULD NOT MIND BUT NO MEANS NO AND MOST GUYS CAN'T SEEM TO GET THAT THROUGH THEIR HEADS THEY THINK THAT THEY ARE GODS GIFT TO WOMEN
BUT ITS THE WOMEN WHO ARE GOD'S GIFT TO US AND IF THEY FIND A GIRL WHO WON'T PUT OUT AS THEY SAY THEY SHOULD TREAT HER WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR THEN WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT ALL ENGINES START TO REV. DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN SOCIETY'S GRACES STAY THE WAY YOU ARE FOR EVEN THOUGH IT MIGHT BE HARDER REMEMBER YOU ARE THE BRIGHT SHINING STAR AND ALL THE OTHERS CAN'T RELATE TO ONE WHO KEEPS HER SELF FOR MARRIAGE OR WHATEVER COMES ALONG BUT REAL LOVE IS OUT THERE AND SOON YOU WILL BE SOARING WITH THE WIND AND YOU WILL SEE THAT WAITING IS BEST FOR YOU DO NOT NEED TO SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS
TONY
 molonel
Msg: 24
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:05:09 PM
Sorry you've had bad experiences. I disagree, though, that there are simply no good apples in the bunch. I've met some awesome women off of this web site, both in my area, and all over the U.S. and Canada through email and chat.
 eternitey
Msg: 25
what is wrong with me?
Posted: 3/8/2006 1:18:40 PM
Hello redheadforu,
As you can see I am a redhead as well. Being a redhead is such a rare thing only 2% of the world. So many guys have fantasies about redheads and want to know if everything they ever head was true...hehe so the only way for them to find out is to experience it first hand or ask. I get the same comments as you I am sure. I don't let guys like that get to me. There is nothing wrong with you, you are just blessed with your hair color! Mr. Right will show up when you least expect it, until then Good Luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what is wrong with me?