Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > why is it that most gals dont respond back when u im them??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 budgirl1
Msg: 2
why is it that most gals dont respond back when u im them??Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Because we have a choice if we want to respond or not.....I'm not wasting my time with guys that I'm not interested in.....I'm on here looking for a specific man....I went on this site.....to weed out all the ones that I have no interest in.....and for the forums.....Ilove the forums......until I get banned again.....then I'll be crying the blues....and incrediably bored....
 PayAsYouGo-Casper
Msg: 5
why is it that most gals dont respond back when u im them??
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:08:42 PM
Maybe there not interested
 gentlewm
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/7/2006 7:29:43 PM
I think that CanukleChica is right,

There must be 10 guys to every woman on these dating services. So, its ladies choice. Thats life, I would recommend you move to an area like L.A. where there are more woman than men. But, if you want to reverse the table I would recommend Sweden, I have been there women pursue men, in a singularly flirtatious manner that it is very charming.

But on the otherside, I have met five women through Plenty of Fish, all of them very nice, just haven't found the right one yet.

So keep fishing, there has to be the right one out there for you..

Oh, as an afterthink, ignore women who quibble over your grammar, you would not want them anyway. These same women would probably be judgemental and argumentative, in any case. Who needs it, remember a relationship is only so good that it enhances your life. If you aren't getting that you don't need the relationship.
 ericmex
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/16/2006 12:37:10 PM
well its true thay dont respond cuz there all picky and they all expect to get like bad pit or somthing jahajhaj
 lewers
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/17/2006 12:43:30 PM
i agree with u totally
 shanshy
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/18/2006 12:18:47 PM
I think either their talking to someone else or doing something else and if they don't respond send them an email that's clever and well thought out. Sometimes they might feel uncomfortable responding.
 dbrunner281
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 2:14:53 PM
It definitely depends on who you choose to IM. The ones most guys choose are probably in the 90th percentile in looks. And since there are tons of guys on here, all IMing and messaging the same 10% of girls, you are basically playing the lottery. I only answer about 1 in 4 random messages i get. I would imagine women get plenty more mail than we do. Just be patient. You also have to set yourself apart from others if you message them. You gotta say something different from the "hey, your hot" variety. Good Luck!
 looking4ulove2
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 3:20:04 PM
How old are you?
 dogar2007
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 9:37:01 PM
Aside from the fact that 9 out of 10 people are not even close to right for each other, I think it is also because a lot of gals **do** see this like a "man catalogue", as if they were looking for the perfect pair of shoes or something. They believe that if they just hold out long enough, they are going to be contacted by a man who is incredibly handsome, is thoroughly impressed by every little thing about them, is 6 feet tall, has a fascinating big $$$ career, half a dozen exciting hobbies, is a world traveler, is an accomplished dancer, a love of children/pets/gardening/take your pick here, has absolutely no history before that moment, and will fall in love with them at first sight.

Unlike this loveable but totally immature fantasy, the real world does not usuall just drop good things in your lap like that. Usually, the real world demands you meet it halfway, with a little trust, faith, and effort. Even in the Bible (not that I am all that religious), God made people **work** for it. Noah had to spend years building an ark. Joseph endured slavery. Prophets were ridculed and stoned. Moses had to courageously go back in front of Pharoah more than ten times. David had to face Goliath with a slingshot. Nothing was just handed to them in an instant message from God.

Maybe a lesson here for BOTH sexes seeking that "perfect" mate they have never even met.
 blurpeeb
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:19:07 PM
because this site especially attracts the most vial, reprehensible, arrogant,selfish,narsacistic,socially disfunctional women America has to offer. It is what I call the cyber-hen-house.
 blurpeeb
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:28:13 PM
The gentleman is correct and you should communicate to the rest of your socially disfunctional retards that we are fed up with their behavior and should all in mass exodus(and I mean the men on this site) remove our profiles and leave you and the rest of your disrespectful B's to your own simple-minded devices. The guy is as most of us just intolerant of the unusually rude behavior by the b's on this site. He is just one who grew a set of balls today.
 dogar2007
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 12:50:16 AM
I didn't really mean it with a lot of anger, blurpeeb.

I'm just saying that some women , through their own clinging to this Cinderella fairy tale, are interfering with their own happiness (and ours, as well). If you check my profile, you see I am not exactly Charles Manson or a selfish moron, yet no luck here at all!

There are 8 million males in Southern California. Why believe there is "only one" you could be happy with? As for "love at first sight", it's not love! It's called sexual attraction. How can you **love*** someone you just laid eyes on? That's silly! It's just a nice, fuzzy hormone rush, and if that is love then I have already beeen "in love" with a hundred women since puberty!

Back to the original topic of IMs, though. Women don't like it because you didn't work hard enough. It's like growing a woman a flower versus just buying her one. Which do you think she'll like better? They want to feel special, and a carefully composed e-mail should be better that way than an IM.

Not that carefully composed e-mails are doing me any damn good. I'm not getting ANY dates on here, so why should anybody listen to me?
 A Gauntlet
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/20/2006 1:20:43 AM
I think you hit it right on the head when saying girls are very or too picky.
When they don't reply you can't help but take it personal, physically and then maybe you're older than what they want, it could be anything.
I think it would be nice if out of pure manners they said anything.

Sergio
 dogar2007
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 8:41:53 AM
I joined one sight and said I was 6 feet tall, and a lottery winner, just to see what would happen. I didn't change one other thing about myself.

Man, I got all kinds of positive responses!!! Great-looking women suddenly wanted to meet me.

In reality, I am 5'4" and a federal worker. I never e-mail a woman taller than me, anyway.

It was just an experiment, and I deleted that account after just a week, but it showed me what many women are really looking for, despite all that bullshit they shovel about sincerity, and character, and blah, blah, blah.

It was very sad to find this out, really shattered my romantic illusions.
 dbrunner281
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 1:10:08 PM

I joined one sight and said I was 6 feet tall, and a lottery winner, just to see what would happen. I didn't change one other thing about myself.

Man, I got all kinds of positive responses!!! Great-looking women suddenly wanted to meet me.

Unfortunately, that's the way it goes a lot of the time. While a woman wants a sincere, loving, driven man...height and money will weigh heavily with looks a close second. But that's what all women want, security and a good looking man along with the other characteristics they express.

In their defense, guys are the same way, but with looks because even though it is the 21st century, we still play the provider in many relationships, so money doesn't matter. For example, I love sweet, innocent, funny girls, but looks play a huge part in whether I want to talk to a girl or not, and I believe that is the case with most. If you aren't the same, more power to you, but I can't conjure up attraction like a spell.
 HerpesSactoCal
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/8/2006 9:52:55 AM
They're rude (arrogant, judgemental & uncivil ). So loaded down with cripplingly low self-esteem that they're not worth your time & energy ,anyway. And they just want to waste time, not meet men. They're into b.s. & headgames, that's why they're online, rather than on a date! The inverse is my situation - hundreds of responses on this site & others, in just the last month or so - all blah blah blah ( "I saw a guy at the mall today..." or "What are your five favorite snacks?"). Neurotic narcissists with keyboards - and empty heads, and souls ! David in Sac Out ! (Is there a woman - NOT A LITTLE GIRL !- out there who wants to MEET a man ? )
 Socalgal43
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/8/2006 7:33:43 PM
EXACTLY, You guys turn us off with your sex questions. Heck, keep in mind, WE DON'T KNOW YOU. And when you begin with "Hi wanna have sex" WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU. Sorry for the yelling but I have said this over and over, on every site I go to.
 MindFork
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/9/2006 9:14:54 AM
Think telemarking calls during dinner, Jehovah's Witnesses at your from door whilst in the shower...
Women KNOW when and probably why you type with one hand :-)

A well formed series of thoughts with a sense of who YOU are is what I will respond to.

IM is not the best choice for the all important initial contact.

Would you EVER consider interrupting the HR Director of your dream employer with an
unscheduled, interuptive demand for chatting online RIGHT NOW? (not if you want a job!)

Noone- man, woman, or child can be treated with too much respect, honesty, and dignity.
 KarateKitten
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/15/2006 2:56:13 PM
Personally, I get a lot of IM's. I don't have the capability of carrying on 12 conversations at once, so a lot of guys don't get a reply.

And if I do reply, that usually leads to a push into giving out my phone number. Which I don't do that often. Which means the guy is going to get rejected anyway. So if I don't see myself being interested when first contact is made, it is easier to reject him off the bat.'

It helps if you have a pic. If you don't have a pic, you will never get a response from a lot of people, myself included.
 john_in_bh
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/15/2006 6:56:20 PM
first of all...they have a much better selection since the ratio is at least 5:1 men to women. So why would they pick yours (or mine's) sorry ass?

However, REVENGE is sweet..if they shut you out right away such as seeing their IM window "open" then "closed" right away (confirming they recieved your IM) and your lucky enough that the girl has a pic up for rating...... I am not saying I do this of course.
 Somewhat Romantic
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/15/2006 11:20:54 PM
Because they're difficult.They have to play hard to get in every way,and at every time,unless you're Brad Pitt or John D. Rockefeller.
 KarateKitten
Msg: 73
Funny I always get deleted
Posted: 7/18/2006 8:25:19 AM
But isn't it one of the benefits of online dating that you get to pre-screen all the wannabe Romeos?

I am a nice, sweet, down to earth girl. I am not a man hater, or a gold digger. Still, I don't answer a majority of my IM's. Does that make me a bad person for not wanting to waste my time or the time of the guy I am talking to?

I have also found that if I DO talk to man that I am not interested in or who is not my type, they can NEVER take the hint after that. So I don't give them a chance to start.

It's not just about looks, though that plays a role. Physical attraction is important, though I have met a few guys off of here whose pics didn't necessarily impress me and I had a good time with them. But do I think that I get a million IM's because men are interested in my personality? That would be a delusion and I think that the bitterness needs to stop from some of the men on this thread. Play in your own league and you might have a shot.
 jdtallfem
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 5:58:13 PM
Reasons why I don't respond to IMs: Sometimes if a guy is way out of my geographic area, if he's married, if his message seems way too sexual.
But sometimes my computer is just too slow and the IM disappears before I have time to reply! So maybe you shouldn't take it personally and send an email just in case. You never know. I'm surely not the only one still working with dialup, or not quick enough to get to the IM before it disappears, so blame technology instead of thinking it's a rejection and write a nice email note as a backup. You never know. She just might be frustrated that she missed your IM. That has happened to me before. Good luck.
 ProgrockVentureman
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:12:19 PM
This one dame IMed me out of the blue we talked for awhile, and than she closed off quite rudely. So I thought I could just out of the blue IM her the following day......well you guessed right....she didn't answer for shit. What's up with that???
 Foster1
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2007 4:55:33 PM
Well to be honest with you uniqueguy 81, there are 8 Million stories in the naked city and a non-response is just one of them. To any conclusion we must re-trace your footsteps and ask the users you attempted to contact.

The true reason is because most of them proably live in some type of democractic state where choices are prevalant and many. Picky is good, look at it this way would you truly want to date a female who wasn't picky what would that say about us.

This is a difficult question because we know little of your approach, motives or rhetoric. We only know your means of communication. I would only encourage you to keep trying 1 out of 100 may not be bad. Thank God for Picky (Chicks) Ladies.

You may have to clear a river bed in order to find 1 diamond.

Fleek1
Show ALL Forums  > California  > why is it that most gals dont respond back when u im them??