Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Games? Bullshit.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bristle
Msg: 3
No Games? Bullshit.Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Yes the secret is out. They are not really lying to you but they are pursing more than one option. One thing I learned about Internet sex is you have to be fairly pushy and fast. In the past I have had that happen to me and in a couple of cases I have beat out other guys.

And you know when the other deal falls through - she will be back on IM or the phone saying "hi". Actually she will just hang out in IM waiting for someone to contact her.

I use a simple test. I let her initiate once I have her warmed up. It is surprising how much time this saves.

As for "not asking to meet", just remember when you are not doing that, six other guys are.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 6
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:00:54 PM
you are all playing games ^
BS to get sex games..... very sickening but you will get
what you deserve. Sure won't be anyone or anything good
to come out of your nonsense
Guys like you are why the decent women stop meeting guys
from online sites.
 Intercooler
Msg: 10
view profile
History
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:39:11 PM

Surprise, surprise...

Took about a nanosecond for POF's resident man-hater to chime in.

Yup, men are all bad. Women are all innocent.

Get a life.

Heh...I woulda said it if you hadn't.....
 donut21222
Msg: 12
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:32:03 AM
Its not just happening to the men believe me, it happens to the women to.
 ronjo58
Msg: 14
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:19:29 AM
I have been in the dating sites for a while now and it has been my experience that women put up photos that are not a true representation of who they really are. I know of one poor guy that went to meet his love from the internet, expecting to be engaged to be married. It turns out his sweetheart had put up a picture of her daughter. The Lady informed him that he should not be so shallow and remember that it was their personalities that clicked. The guy had spent a great deal of money for the meeting, which he had flown across country to do. It is nice that you are nice. But if it isn't you that the photo represents,ie an old photo or someone elses, then it isn't honest and honesty reflects character. If someone plays games like this, be happy they didn't meet you. They are not worth the effort.
 ronjo58
Msg: 15
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:20:49 AM
Allow me to say that I didn't mean all women.There are some honest ones out there.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 16
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:24:18 AM
no honest woman half a guys age is going to mess with someone
old enough to be her dad.
Why would a guy think ???? that someone 40 is going to look 20?
and why would he want someone who looks 20?
These older guys play games... pretend they are so financially stable and
go hunting for dummy women...
basically your average slut... why? who knows? maybe the guys have weak egos...
or some form of desperation, eh?

crazy
no wonder one in four people have STD's
 sick of drama!
Msg: 21
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:50:34 PM
99.7% of the women on here play games or dont know what they want in life. it is so sickening. it ruins the whole dating experience. at age 31 i have yet to meet a woman that doesnt play games or knows what she wants. thats pretty sad.
 Lady Laugh
Msg: 24
view profile
History
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:26:48 PM
Wow... there are good apples and bad apples.The trick is to be patient enough to weed out the bad ones and hopefully you will find the good ones. Being bitter and giving up only assures that you won't be eating any apples.....
 Catwm
Msg: 28
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:16:51 AM
Thanks. I still get guys telling me I am playing and it is clearly listed in my profile that I want to chat/email only. Whats up with that?
 Catwm
Msg: 32
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:46:55 AM
Lets have a fish on that one.
 jen5
Msg: 39
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:31:11 PM
Women get stood up too, it's happened to me a couple of times. One guy had the decency to call and cancel the date. I'd rather a guy call and cancel than leave you hanging.
 nanpashi
Msg: 40
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:49:39 PM
I think the bottom line here is integrity ā€“ no one should make arrangements with someone else unless they truly intend to meet them. I mean, even the busiest of us (Iā€™m in that category) can make 30mins to meet someone for coffee, particularly on a weekend/day off. I mean, I would do that much just to keep my word ā€“
 Catwm
Msg: 41
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/17/2006 9:31:10 AM
Yes, but, there are legitmate reasons some can not keep a date. Unless he was lying....one guy child was sick. He had full time custody....

ps: later he sent a dear Joan letter to me glad he did....
 rockbilly
Msg: 42
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:06:15 PM
It seems to me, that the ones who post the statement "No head games" are the ones playing them the most. Or maybe i just need the term "headgames" defined for me.

I refuse to stop expecting people to live up to what they say they will do. Rude is rude is rude, just because this is cyber space, doesn't excuse bad behavior.
On the other hand as many before have stated, It isn't worth getting bent over. She's out there bro... just keep your eyes open... Like I tell my son, "just get too busy with your life and career that you don't have time to think about a woman (or man) and get your ducks in order start being successful and the devil will bring someone to you just to watch you fall on your face. LOL only half kidding...

Relax and let it flow... smile and be happy...take it easy or make it easy!
 Catwm
Msg: 43
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:12:52 AM
rockbilly...true the two terms " headgames " and " baggage " need to be reviewed by a lot of people online.
 rockbilly
Msg: 44
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/23/2006 7:38:29 PM
i am serious, I would like a definition of the term "head games" I suspect the definition would change with each person who submitted one. I try to be very honest with people even though it hurts feelings sometimes. For instance I have met ladies through here and we talked and had some fun, but I knew...and I believe they did as well, that IT wasn't there. No kismet, chemistry, connection. I still called them and wrote to them and kept up a friendship type relationship regardless. I do not want to be labeled or thought of as a player, I hate it when ppl play with my emeotions and would rather cut off my arm than do that to someone else.
But maybe what some folks think of as "head games are not games so much as they are cowardice? That is to say, it easier to not call someone and let them figure it out on their own than it is to confront the person and go through all the Shhhtuff that comes with telling someone "it ain't there!" I understand this, I really do, but it is not very nice. On the other hand I think it is the chance we take when we play on here. I thought about this a lot to day and I think it goes something like this: This is a numbers game, plain and simple. We are meeting massive amounts of peeps and sorting through looking for one (some are looking for one others...?) who will fit us. Pick them up look them over, don't like the fit? Put them back. Difference is we are dealing with humans not shoes. They get their feelings hurt. We get our feelings hurt. I think it is just something we have to accept.

For those ladys who are wondering why men don't call after a date, one reason is fear.
We are not as invincible and self confident as you all seem to think. I usually call once, if I don't get a reply then I give the benefit of the doubt...possibly busy? Message machine broke? Slipped her mind maybe? I will attempt it again no reply...I move on.
I don't like rejection at all PERIOD. And I am tired of looking like a fool making repeated calls and chasing some woman down and then gettin humiliated when she finally tells the truth and says. I don't like you like that. So I don't wait for the kick in the nuts.
If it remotely loks as though it is headed that way, I pack up my heart and get the **** out of dodge. simple as that.

AND This is the new milennium girls it is alright for you to call first! or write first.
Please don't get mad at us for not making the intial contact or "chasing" you.
I respect ppl and especially women who know what they want and say so.
The best relationship i ever had, was a lady that said I like you a lot and would like to see you again. No guessing games there. No mind reading. Plain and simple like countryboys such as i need it to be. She also intiated sex and the ensuing live in. Don't get me wrong I can and do think for myself and know how to be a man. But I hate trying to figure out what you are thinking. What if i am wrong?

Example: We go out on several dates, get along fine, you are getting pretty aggressive, putting out signs that you want to be physical (at least I interpret them that way, low cut top, flirting, playing with the hair, side long glances, flaring eyes and nostrils,
long deep kisses) So I put my hands in a "no fly zone" what is going to happen? I better be right...If not i am labeled a pervert or told "Thats all you want from me isn't it!"
A couple of episodes like this and I quit initiating things. I go looking for girls who say what they mean and mean what they say. The above mentioned lady initiated our first sexual encounter by saying: "take your clothes off" so I did... get the idea? Don't wait, go after what you want

Things would be so much easier if we all did this. Men and women. I have come to the conclusion that neither sex has a monopoly on being jerks, there are plenty of women who play silly-assed games too.

Done ranting now gone fishin!
 Catwm
Msg: 45
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/25/2006 8:44:32 AM
me too.....gone hunting......................
 Catwm
Msg: 48
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:09:49 AM
Thats why I have such a direct profile and no photo anymore. Got tired of the games and do not want to meet anymore liars, cheaters and players....I know people playing so hard they have different dates every night. Wonder how they keep them apart?
 rockbilly
Msg: 50
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:00:23 PM
Most painless for who? You! You are not thinking about someone elses feelings when you drop hints that may or may not be understood, and then fade off without an explanation.

That is selfish and cowardly. You claim to be honest, then be honest.
Try this: "Listen ______, I have enjoyed our conversations etc. but I am going to move on,
No you didn't do anything wrong, we are just not a match and I want to move on, I wish you well..."

This goes against all we have been taught as far as manners and living in a "polite" society, but it is true honesty and not hiding behind the "I don't want to hurt your feelings" BS. The truth is you don't want to come off looking mean or rude and it is self motivated and not considerate of others feelings at all.

You are going to hurt feelings no matter which way you go, that is the just the chance we take when we are using this method to find a mate.

What pisses me off is when someone says yes to a meeting or even suggests it and you set it up and they no show. God what level of coward this is!

Oh well through ranting for now....Gone shooting!
 will_nevergiveup
Msg: 53
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/29/2006 1:55:35 AM
I try to lay it out on the line pretty early on. It's a courtesy thing. Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with the gals.
 Strider886
Msg: 54
view profile
History
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:49:33 AM
I'd agree with the 2nd and 3rd post.... "pursuing more than one option".
Forget them and move on!
I've been in a relationship where my gf was talking to creeps on the internet, these guys were blatantly after sex (after getting a sneaky peak at the chat logs) and were putting on all the charms, it was sickening to see.
They would "joke" sometimes about offering sex and she'd joke back, trouble is theyre not joking.....

I found out that she had one of them around to help her with some computer problems after she moved in with a friend, as far as i know nothing happend, but she went cold on me. I made some assumptions and put an end to the whole thing.

Theres no way I can compete when im seeing her 2 or 3 times a week and these guys are talking to her everyday, even into the small hours of the morning.

If you get even a hint of someone "pursuing more than one option", just save yourself a lot of pain and don't bother.
 MajorTom
Msg: 55
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:13:50 PM
Can someone explain the harshness of all this? Meeting and dating someone shouldn't be this difficult; too many rules, too many conditions. I must suffer the third degree to meet and date an attractive woman; regardless of how shy she pretends to be?

I recently began chatting with someone and in the course of trying to get her to lighten up she slams the door and blocks me! Nothing vulgar mind you! Just trying to get her to tell me why she is such a cold fish on first dates; no kissing, no hand holding nor any hugs? I wonder if she is a woman I should be persuing? Many out there are more than willing to give me a hug or a kiss; could it be the forbidden fruit aspect? Am I crazy for even bothering? I do enjoy engimas!
 ssweet2293
Msg: 56
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:23:07 PM
Have you ever thought the reason why they back out is because they are not really the person they protrayed? People sometimes are not honest on the internet.
 Strider886
Msg: 57
view profile
History
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:54:40 PM
I'd agree to that, you can be whoever you want to be on the internet.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Games? Bullshit.