Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there such a thing as the Alpha Female?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blue sunshine
Msg: 4
Is there such a thing as the Alpha Female?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Yes, and in my domain, that would be ME! :) Ask my dogs (LOL) my kids..and my ex husband!
 keepingit
Msg: 5
Is there such a thing as the Alpha Female?
Posted: 3/11/2006 11:52:46 PM
Yes there is Alpha female. Always has been. A dominant female will arise in any female oriented setting. The charachteristic has to do with a leadership pecking order. Now there is a gray area with respect to a buisness setting. Alpha is a biological and genetic term. It has been widely miss used. I look at it with respect to lets say pack animals. The alpha wolf wants the entire pack to survive but he has, by presence and brutality when needed, claimed the breeding rights to the females. This is a genetic encoding. The alpha needs no approval or praise or any other thing from the opposite sex........other than sex. Breeding rights.
The pack follows because he is thier best chance at survival. Alpha's in a survival setting kill, hunt, are sometimes savage. I can see this in humans as well. When the Alpha female is Alpha in buisness it is something different. However when it come to sex and relationships she will be most happy when the man she is with is very Alpha.
She will have more sex partners than most women but it doesn't come from a neediness or a need for a man's approval. It comes from something else. She just takes what she wants.
 blue sunshine
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:04:10 AM
^^^ You might be on to something there Keep! It's interesting you say that an alpha female needs to be in a relationship (when they're in one) with an even more Alpha Male.....that would explain a lot in my past relationships....hummmmmm.....really, I am enlightened! I'm kinda trippin' here! lol....
 ArchDemon
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:24:40 AM
Alpha females make the best foot warmers :)
 Dahliakitten
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:50:37 AM
I would say I am a alpha female. And I do have problems with dating strong men. They always try to over dominate me in several areas. I am not attracted to submissive men. I walk all over them, although they like that. I don't. So now I am on my 2nd date with a man. Lets see how it goes. Since he is very educated he may have the edge over me and know how to handle me and not feel threatened or intimidated by my alpha femaleness.
 imabelyver
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:46:59 AM
In my opinion, yes there are "Alpha" females. Yes, we are direct competition in the workplace. Yes, we do have a hard time finding a suitable "Alpha" male. And yes, it is very difficult to have a successful relationship once two "Alphas" join, but that is only onen aspect of a personality, you know, being an "Alpha"...that does not define a person, but is simply a part of the whole...people are "Alphas" in different ways...just gotta find one that suits I guess...and have to be able to recognize that there are different ways to be the top of the heap...I think that if you choose someone who is "alpha" in the same way you are, then it will be competitive, but if you choose someone who is premium in a different way than you are, then there may be harmony.
Semper Fi
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:57:27 AM

Do you think this would be a relationship that is ultimately going to fail because of the competitiveness?

No. If anything, it would be one very interesting relationship.
 keepingit
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:26:08 AM

I think that pursuing world domination as a team is the key to success

But of course you do.
 acburbank97
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:48:52 AM
oh yea....anyone working in an office with multiple Women also working there will see this dynamic, and the struggle for which one is the Alpha Female..VERY REAL.
 thai_paradise
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:57:10 AM
that's me if you count tennis as competitive sport. I have undoubtedly strong personality; I usually win in a contest of will. I also have higher edu, got multiple degrees in Math/Computer science and Biology. Professionally employed at a Pharma. To add insult to the injury, I have a wild streak and am definitely not domesticated, which means I cannot be nor do I want to be domesticated. And yep, it's difficult to find a match. Thank God I'm happy with myself!

strong personalities, like taking part in competitive sports, have high educations or are ‘professionally’ employed
 acburbank97
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:10:14 AM
Professionally employed?
So you lost your amateur employment status?
 Bandito
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:31:21 AM
Personality type is independent than gender...always has been. I think perhaps what you refering to is really been the benefits of Women's Lib allowing more alpha females to break through the glass ceiling in politics and the workplace.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:35:59 AM
op
if you are intimidated by women who are in control of their lives.....
you can easily ( and I do mean easily ) find the more clingy, needy type
woman. They are in far more abundance and the typical average Joe cannot
handle much more anyway.
It takes a truely strong and amazing man to break out of the societal BS
of gender roles and conditioning to make a strong relationship with one of these women.
...... and..... Not many people
are truely in control of themselves or their lives.. so they try to find
someone to either fix or control... and avoid fixing themselves.

If you prefer a needy, clingy, confused woman... you have a great selection
out in the world.
 Bandito
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:29:46 AM
^^^bring them alpha's on ...but make sure they have a sense of humour please
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:39:54 AM
^^ack !

Not sure..just let me kick some of these sniveling, groveling boys outta my way.
I'll get back to you on that alpha female business.
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:46:50 AM
Alpha Male and Alpha Female are the two strongest members of any group. What an Alpha female needs to do is to find a Male who can be the more submissive of the coupling and that's difficult as most men she surrounded by would be Alphas, as well.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:50:05 AM
a strong woman has no use for a weak and submissive man

that is an insult to imply that
 K-5
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:55:44 AM

Yes there is Alpha female. Always has been. A dominant female will arise in any female oriented setting. The charachteristic has to do with a leadership pecking order. Now there is a gray area with respect to a buisness setting. Alpha is a biological and genetic term. It has been widely miss used. I look at it with respect to lets say pack animals. The alpha wolf wants the entire pack to survive but he has, by presence and brutality when needed, claimed the breeding rights to the females. This is a genetic encoding. The alpha needs no approval or praise or any other thing from the opposite sex........other than sex. Breeding rights.
The pack follows because he is thier best chance at survival. Alpha's in a survival setting kill, hunt, are sometimes savage. I can see this in humans as well. When the Alpha female is Alpha in buisness it is something different. However when it come to sex and relationships she will be most happy when the man she is with is very Alpha.
She will have more sex partners than most women but it doesn't come from a neediness or a need for a man's approval. It comes from something else. She just takes what she wants.

WOW^^^^^

Actually, I think they might have a problem because alot of men tend to be insecure, especially with such ambitious women. BUT!!! I said BUT, if they run into a man that is secure with himself, then they'll probably get along, their will be some head butting, but they'll probably last, but the guy will have to be very very secure. I tend to see alot of these type of women either having very strong men or the complete opposite, but hardly with the ones in between..........................but I could be wrong

Now, can someone give me some tips, on my post on this issue????????.................
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:00:05 AM
see.... this is how it is.....
it is not about a woman being dominent.... or submissive.

it is about a person.... who is in control of their lives. Someone who has
grown both personally and professionally....
overcome many obstacles and become WHOLE.

A person such as this does want/ need or appriciate someone who is
not in control of their lives. Someone who has not learned to be personally
responsible for their actions.. to be accountable.. to be able to stand
alone in not only choices but all ways.

A person who has become in control of their lives, male or female.....
wants someone who is that way too.

It is unfortuante not many are... and tend to be halves looking for a whole
to complete them, make them happy... and live in very ignorant type reasoning
and logic.
A whole person wants a whole person... problem is they are hard to find.
You have many who pretend to be responsible, accountable and all.... but in
fact few are.
In fact I have found. most men say they want an independent woman...
then resent her for it.. because in fact this means.. she is independent
of "needing" a man.

goodguy4uladies
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:13:45 AM
I didn't mean in a physical sense. I meant a man that is willing to put up with her long hours at the office and the constantly being on the cell phone and such. He has to be secure in that type of relationship where he isn't the main focus and an Alpha male is all about himself so an Alpha male wouldn't be good for an Alpha female as they are too self-involved.
 Bytronix
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:16:58 AM
Is there such a thing as a right wing democrat?
I would have to say yes.

For some reason I would have to think of Hillary Clinton.

If you can imagine it, odds are it probably exists.
Question is, does it exist in fantasy or reality?
Then, the question after that would have to be which is more apropriate?

(Yeah, I know, my spelling sucks. Should all websites include auto spelling checkers?)
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:23:38 AM
good guy
you have confused long hours at work and talking on the cell phone
with independence and someone who is control of their lives.

PJ I think that is true.. even if they settle, it never works out.. LOL
How could it?
It can't...
 Rouxx
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:23:55 AM
OP: Your restrictions are SO very limiting!

So says this Alpha Female!
 K-5
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:25:43 AM
I agree with Fragnal..................
 Rouxx
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:28:06 AM
Fran: LOVE the purple!!

OT: As there are many "types" of everything......... in what context are we talking about "alpha females"?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there such a thing as the Alpha Female?