Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Beauty Tips and Secrets      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TallDarkNSweeet
Msg: 2
Beauty Tips and Secrets Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

It terms of secrets... One of the best kept Asian and European beauty secrets to date are the profound benefits of the mineral silica as a food supplement… it has a profound effect on ones health and a direct impact on ones appearance. Yes that is right… as it turns out inner beauty reflects outer beauty… does that not sound Asian!! Our… old saying… “beauty is skin deep”… was a big fat lie!!! Since optimizing ones intake of the right form of silica improves ones magnetic field, plus it directly impacts the strength and appearance of ones hair skin and nails.

I was fortunate to attend the second annual health Spa show in toronto last year as an honored guest by the shows founder! Why the focus on health at a Spa show… solid science has proven that beauty starts within and the current trends have changed the modern Spa’s approach to beauty… many of them have become HEALTH SPAS.

Today, our western researchers have proven Asian and European theory on silica to be right. Silica taken in combination with the other essential minerals is best. University studies have shown that silica works with calcium and magnesium and has a direct impact on our bone density. Our studies have shown that growing babies and children have more of an abundance of this mineral in there systems then adults. They are simply drawing all they can of this mineral form their food. Not to mention that scientist have discovered mothers milk is loaded with this very important silica mineral.

Therefore we have discovered that silica is a key building block for cell metabolism and division and it works in a synergistic way with calcium and magnesium.

As a result of all this solid research Kellogg’s is now marketing silian-fiber for breakfast!

If you would like to know more... I'll be glad to answer any questions on this subject!!!

TDnSweet
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:45:51 PM
oops.
thought better of it...
 TallDarkNSweeet
Msg: 10
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:03:25 PM
^^^
[Sweet Sensations... I tried to contact you directly but your settings prevented me]

Truth is this is not a new product and has been poplular in Europe for many many years.

Silicea Gel is a fine product that is manufactured in Germany
by ANTON HUBNER GmbH & Co...
This product is Imported and distributed by: NAKA SALES LTD.,
Toronto, Ontario M9W 6P1
$12.95 for 200ml of gel that only contains 5.6grams of Silicic Acid
This product also comes in capsule from too!!
http://www.nakaherbs.com

I take 2 spoonfuls of silicea every morning with my vital greens and organic apple cider vinegar.

I’m not surprised… you look great!!! You are an example of what a small amount of “silica” can do for a person. However… sweetie, I was not writing about Silicea Acid I was writing about the mineral that your Silicea Acid is derived from, which is known as “silica” or silicon, to some. Don’t get me wrong a silicea acid is a very potent product… even in it’s diluted form. It’s an Acid and it has to be diluted, hence the need for two spoonfuls to get results.

Silica or silicon is the most abundant mineral on earth. But the dietary form comes from rare mineral deposits that are rich in the essential minerals we need in our diet every day. This product in its natural state and if processed naturally is 75 times the product that you’ve been taking. The pure product comes in powered form, and it contains 70% silica with minerals like Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, and Potassium making up the rest. It comes like that naturally, plus additional… it has powerful cleansing properties that Silicea gel lacks.

Silica in its natural form is actually the “original food supplement” and it’s use dates back to antiquity. NASA astronauts use such a product to help with bone density, which is a real problem with weightless travel in outer space. The astronauts consume the equivalent of a 200ml bottle silicea acid… every day. That’s about 6 grams and less then one small tablespoon of pure silica. I take about half that amount since space walking is not on my agenda… lol

The secret is out! If you want to try the NASA indorsed product!
www.terramin.com

I can direct you to high quality Canadian product that is even more affordable... for $36lb. (448 grams)… compare to 10$ for 5.6 grams of Silicea Acid imported from Germany.

So if your feeling run down I have done some studying that implies if you put it in your bath it will help draw them out thus rejuvenating the system.

^^^
Here is a interesting hydrotherapy website.
www.magneticclay.com
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 25
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 3/19/2006 12:45:11 PM
mix olive oil with sugar into a smooth paste and rub on skin
to exfoliate
and
moisturize....

its cheap and it works !
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 26
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 3/19/2006 1:22:55 PM
this got me to thinking how I havent done a sugar and olive oil
facial scrub in awhile.
Mixed up the sugar and olive oil and just did one.
wow.... this stuff is great.

I have used very expensive cleaners, masks and moisturizers....
this simple sugar and oilive oil scrub works better than any of them.

Does not matter if its too grainy.... there is no exact recipe....
just add enough olive oil to plain sugar to make it like a scrub....

and the sugar will not dissolve in the olive oil... so you can do a facial
with it
in a few days too.
Only takes a little..... scrub it in (except for around eyes)
then rinse off with hot water...
blot skin dry with a clean towel

:)
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:43:55 AM
Silica is silicon dioxide or Quartz, the sand in sandstone or a large component of beach sand. You dont digest it. It is often added to powdered food products to prevent clumping. Check your box of salt. People arent made of silicon (your implants maybe) but carbon.

Atoneman>coke cleaning the car battery terminals is a classic. Im guessing it is a secret and not a beauty tip! Coke can be used to clean a lot of things and even remove rust. Drop a nail in a glass of coke and it will disolve in a few days. So when they say it rots your teeth its true. although who holds a mouthfull of coke for a few days? But its the phosphoric acid.

Cure for hiccups. This really does work as i have tried it a few times. When I was told to do it by a friend I thought she was trying to see if I was just gullable enough to try it. However as i was going to go insane with them I had to try it...

Take regular white vinegar, might work with any vineger but i used white. pour it in a small cup. now put it to your lips but DONT drink it. Stick your tongue into the vinger as fast as you can and all the way into the vinegar and leave it there for a moment. it really isnt as bad as it sounds.
What it does is shock the system and cuts out the hiccup loop. now take your tongue out slowly and spit out any vinegar as you dont want to swallow it.

Now it might not be a beauty tip but its hard to look good with hiccups.

Whatch out for face creams that contain silver as they will eventually turn your face gray. Found my sister had some imported from france. I just looked it up on the web and was shocked to see a vancouver company sellign the stuff but they do have a disclaimer that there is no proof of ANY benefits. Yet here is something to think about:

Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. One is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the body. Argyria is not treatable or reversible.

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/silver/index.htm
There are a lot of sites claiming its good for you but go to medical sites and look at the pictures. Nothing like absorbing metals into the body!
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 7/13/2006 7:11:43 AM
live a good life, have integrity: be honest with yourself and others, realise it's our own responsibility to be happy in our own skin, work, play, learn and help someone everyday.
not a big secret, but it sure works wonders.
 jlc1210
Msg: 58
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 6/17/2011 2:15:14 PM
Ok who has a tip on shaving the bikini area?

Use stick deodorant directly afterwards prevents razer rash.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 6/19/2011 2:59:14 PM
Do you want your hair to grow at a faster rate? Please see link...I've been doing this for 4 weeks and see a difference already!

http://hairthereandeverywhere-jessica.blogspot.com/2010/05/monistat-for-hair-growth.html
 satx78218
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 6/20/2011 7:15:47 AM
Stronger hair and nails and skin, try silica supplement.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 65
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 9/18/2011 8:32:33 PM
A buttermilk and lemon juice mixture lightens the skin, naturally. (For those pesky hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne and/or sun) And it's less than 4 dollars for something that works, gradually, but that works, and has no side effects. Buttermilk has lactic acid that exfoliates the skin, and lemon juice is a natural skin lightener.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 66
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 9/21/2011 2:04:13 AM
The buttermilk and lemon juice mixture does work. .I've been leaving it on my skin overnight for a week now (usually use it 3-4 times a week), and it's already evened out some of my skin tone, and made my skin smoother. It does work! (still struggle with breakouts at my age) Also, a co-worker recommended taking garlic gel tabs (1000 mg) to combat breakouts. . garlic is a blood purifier, so it seems to be working. :)
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 67
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:19:38 PM
wear comfortable shoes, so you do not frown & develop frown lines
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 1/28/2012 3:33:24 PM
1. Hydroxy and salicylic acids

2. Copper and tin peptides. Great for skin and hair!

Don't waste your time and $$$ on the miniscule amount blended into name brand, high end lotions, potions and creams.

I use a site in Washington state which sells the straight peptides. Very reputable. They offer them in different strengths. You can dilute/blend as necessary, then gradually work up to higher concentrations. I've been using them for many years.

Do you want your hair to grow at a faster rate? Please see link...I've been doing this for 4 weeks and see a difference already!

http://hairthereandeverywhere-jessica.blogspot.com/2010/05/monistat-for-hair-growth.html

ok woman....THIS is just crazy enough that I'm gonna try it!

God only knows what I'll end up with...but at least it won't be YEAST!
 SnowMoon2012
Msg: 71
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:04:54 AM
For the busy or those like myself who want a clean product and do not want to play with home brews can't beat Buts bee's most of the products do double or triple duty making them very affordable ... Miracle salve and Rescue ointment are must haves..
 kja71
Msg: 72
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:21:55 AM
The best thing that you can do for your skin is to remove makeup, wash and moisturize your face daily.

A good tightening mask is whipped egg whites. Apply and let dry you will feel it tighten up..

Once a month wash your hair with vinegar and it gets rid of all products that collect on the hair.

To keep my feet soft I put petrolium jelly on them and wear socks to bed...Like a babys butt..

It's best to start taking care of your skin at a young age. My mom taught me at 12. She's 63 and had the most amazing skin.
 Visionaryone
Msg: 73
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 9/4/2013 10:10:10 PM
Adding on to this thread instead of starting a new one:)

-if you want to save money on top dollar masacara, keep an old tube of the expensive one and dip the wand in a new, cheap mascara (the mascara is all about the wand NOT the mascara)
-mascara drying out and can't afford a new one yet, bring it back to life with a couple drops of saline solution or eyedrops
-if any powder makeup (ie blush, eyeshadow, powder) crumbles, pour a little alcohol in the crumbled powder until it has a paste consistency, smooth with a butter knife, let sit overnight and viola-like new!
-need your nails to dry immediately? Spray Pam cooking spray after polishing and they're instantly dry
Bonus: tie fresh sprigs of Eucalyptus onto your showerhead and your hot bath/shower will smell amazing
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 74
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 9/5/2013 10:46:49 AM
To cleanse hair from oils, creams, gels, foams etc., add a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo. Your hair will be squeaky clean!
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 9/8/2013 3:16:58 AM
Hat
Sunglasses
Sunscreen

AHA to cleanse in am * cheap at the drugstore*.Never soap for sure.
I still need witch hazel/acne products for oily spots

If you have serious issues with wrinkles and blotches then retinol over time has been proven to help many.

I just use organic natural oil based 7 dollar lotions and add a bit of essential oils on the non oily spots and neck.

Orange oil added to basic lotion brightens.
Clarysage balances ( good for oily and dry)
Lavender for sensitive
Rosehip seed oil, kukui nut ,carrot seed are all fabulous oils to add to any basic organic lotion /product for daily use.
These also help scarring.

Some wrinkle, some sag. Face shape/sun/ genetics/lifestyle seems to play a big role in which you will have worse.

Im more of a saggier person than wrinklier if you look at my sister and mother. I see it coming , so surgery is the only fix for that with such a square non fat face.

Eh, I'll do what I want to do if it gets where I can't stand the mirror.

I tried one of the new fillers a few years ago thats supposed to last 6 months to fill out thin spots. It looked great 30 days. Won't try that again. I found it a huge waste of money.
 Noonie504
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 9/8/2013 7:37:21 PM
I use olive oil in my bath tub, in my hair, and of course I cook with it. That's my go to natural beauty product!
 rissignol
Msg: 77
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 10/9/2013 2:55:38 PM
Manly Beauty Tips from Rissignol [yours truly]

Shave with hair conditioner, not shaving gel.

Put Pepto Bismol on as a mask for an hour while you enjoy your favorite manly TV show ... (Once Upon A Time counts as manly, right?)
Gets rid of oil and acid deep in your pores.

Sleep on back to avoid wrinkles, on a silk pillowcase. As long as the pillowcase isn't pink or purple, it's still manly.

Coconut oil on the ends of hair to prevent split ends.

Use essential oil instead of cologne.

Tweeze fine facial hair instead of shaving to avoid 5 o'clock shadow.

Haha, that was fun
 satx78218
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 11/18/2013 9:24:45 AM
how about bleach?

Bleach: Potential Anti-Aging Skin Treatment?

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/11/bleach-potential-anti-aging-skin-treatment.html
 DoubleParked
Msg: 80
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 11/19/2013 7:41:33 AM
^^^Funny< I read the article. Cracked me up at the end..."The mice did not appear younger."
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 11/20/2013 3:45:37 AM

you have to be really careful and use a SMALL amount of CO, or your hair will be greasy as hell (and I have dry hair)

You do have to be careful but it sure puts the shine in and tames a frizz.

I find if I just moisturize my hands and rub it in really well first,THEN hit the dry spots it works better.
You can always do it twice.

Bleach?OMG to funny

I'll save for something else..More permanent.

As far as we pale people. Eyeliner takes years off if put on the top only.
The bottom you have to go lighter in shade and hand, if at all.( saving for night usually)

Big eyes and full lips look youthful along with no red spots on the nose/cheeks.
So if your lips are thinner, go paler with color and focus on whats the best feature on your face.
Spot cover the red ( usually capillaries).

The thing is, it's the whole picture put together.

Body, hair, dress, face, attitude.

Remember aunt Bea on Andy Griffith? She was about my age when she played aunt Bea.
Matronly figure, old lady dresses, grey hair in a bun.

Thats not today's 50 something.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Beauty Tips and Secrets