Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Still hurting, wondering if it ever stops?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eddie0221
Msg: 4
Still hurting, wondering if it ever stops?Page 1 of 1    
I had my heart broken in the worst way. How did I deal with it? Well, I joined a gym and everytime I thought about my ex, I went to the gym and worked out. I actually went from a size 44jeans to a 36. I also start dating and going out alot and meeting different people.

It has been almost 2 months and yes, the pain does go away. good luck!
 Wired1
Msg: 7
Still hurting, wondering if it ever stops?
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:47:43 PM
It does, but it takes time. You have to move on.. as painful as it is...move on. Stay busy, put your best face on each and every day, go visit your friends, take a hike, walk, hit the gym, visit family, play a game, read a book...anything, but move on, know you are doing the right thing, and once you feel good about yourself and where you are at, you will begin to realize that you are a better person and that lonely void is slowly filling back up. Dont get into another relationship until that feeling is gone. Date...have fun, get out, but dont get into another relationship until that feeling is gone and you feel whole again. It gets better, it just takes time.
Good luck Bro
 Bellabo
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2006 2:37:56 PM
I stopped hurting last week,
It was like an angel had took hold of my hand and lent me her wings,

Hope she's winging her way to you soon x
 canyunflyer
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2006 4:27:06 PM
If you break your leg jumping off a cliff while extreme skiing....well, you just have to wait until it heals. The best thing you can do to assist the healing is to 'protect' the injured part. You can't speed up the process, and you sure arn't going to make it better by taking off on one ski and jumping off another cliff right away! ha (thats in reference to catchastar's suggestion to find another love) I like her, and I'm not sure she really thought that one out all the way.

Welcome to the giant colosal colusium of LOVE! Its not unlike the old gladiator days when you went out into the dangerous arena to do battle. Many a fine gladiator was packed off the field...some dead...some gravely injured... some exhausted. Meanwhile the non-participants yell loudly from their safe seats above the battle zone. You have just been packed off the bloody field. accept it. Embrace it. feel what you must feel. Do the time. Heal...and learn. There is a bitter irony about the arena of Love. If you want to Live... you must face death...again! Don't give up. Don't react foolishly either.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Still hurting, wondering if it ever stops?