Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetie01
Msg: 1
would you ever date someone who has an std?Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I don't have one just wondering how many people would date a male/female if they had contacted an std from a previous lover. I wouldn't personally cuz I don't want anything just wondering what ya'll think of it.
 ~christina~
Msg: 2
would you ever date someone who has an std?
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:51:03 PM
ummmmm...........negative
 Chiefs76
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:51:35 PM
personally i couldn't. its harsh but its just something that a person can't look pass.
 sweetie01
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:54:37 PM
(personally i couldn't. its harsh but its just something that a person can't look pass)

I totally agree it's unfortuate when things like this happens that's why it's always good to take precautionary measures when it comes to sex.
 jennafeeh
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:57:55 PM
I'd have to agree, it would turn me off completely.

Thankfully for those with an STD, there are plenty of people with them. Unfortunately for the rest of us, there are plenty of those with STDs...
 couldusecompany
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:05:46 PM
STDs are so common in today's society, it's scary. I think the stats are something like 25% of people carry HPV. Which, for those who do not know, is a virus that causes genital warts. Similar to herpes, but less severe. No treatment either.

And that's just one of them. So the fact is, even if you are with someone who truly believes they are not infected with anything, there is a decent chance they are anyway.

With that said, I'd like to at least cut my chances of contracting anything. So someone with an STD is a no-go for me. And for that matter, I'm not too keen on dating people who sleep around a lot. But that's for various reasons... STDs just being one of them.
 bristle
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:11:05 PM
I knew a beautiful woman that has herpes and I was in bed with her - just because we were visiting some people and no other place to sleep. She was a former gf. I thought about it briefly, but passed on it because it just wasn't worth it to me.
 patrickbeyond
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:57:48 PM
nope, heck I'll test my gf in the future.
 bludenim
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:55:53 AM
Date? certainly.
Screw? not damn likely. If it was a "for sure" life-long thing, even then I would be worried.

I ended my whore days shortly after high school for this very reason. I couldn't even pick up at a bar because I was too worried about it.
 bludenim
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:21:02 AM
Condoms don't prevent 90% of STI's, there's still direct contact unless you're stretching that thing all the way around your hips.
 rawal
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/14/2006 2:30:30 AM
No way in hell. What sort of person would risk infecting a clean person with aids or hep C?

People with Hep C or aids should date people with Hep C or Aids respectively.
 HUNflower
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:52:32 AM
Once I met a guy who had HIV. He never told me till on our first date. And as far as I remember I only found out cause he said he's not able to have children and he was only 20 yrs old. So I questioned what he exactly meant, not like u can't make a kid at age 20 and he never had a visectomy. So that's when he blured it out and I was very taken aback. It's not just an STD we're talking about but HIV.. All of a sudden I remembered everything I was taught about it in high school. I couldn't get HIV thruw touching, etc, but I was worried regardless. I thought I was out with a big disease, not a human being. Very sorry to say that and feel that way about a person but I just wanted to run away from him. After I offered my friendship only regardless for I knew he didn't have a lot of friends. He accepted but he just became a stalker anyways, totally clingy like I was his girlfriend, he was that desperate to have a woman in his life and just be accepted and loved. Poor thing but he went insane, I had to tell him off and change phone numbers. And he too got it from an unaithful girlfriend he had, that's the worst part, now he gets punished for something he didn't do. Sad, but why risk to get sick when u're healthy? If u don't have ur health, u have nothing.
 molonel
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:41:01 AM
To answer the OP, I'd say, "It depends." Many STDs are curable, and I've dated and slept with people who had - in the past - contracted curable STDs.

It is possible that some of the women I've slept with had an incurable STD. You can never known for certain. But I get tested for the whole battery on a yearly basis, and I come up negative across the board. Since I use protection, always except in a committed relationship, it's not a huge point.

However, if a potential date has an incurable STD - HSV II or HSV I in the genital region, HPV, syphillis or AIDS/HIV - then no, I would not have sex with them, or date them in any romantic sense.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:58:00 AM
Never ever hun. Too much wierd stuff going around nowadays, it's scary.
 sweetie01
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:01:19 AM
(Once I met a guy who had HIV. He never told me till on our first date. And as far as I remember I only found out cause he said he's not able to have children and he was only 20 yrs old. So I questioned what he exactly meant, not like u can't make a kid at age 20 and he never had a visectomy. So that's when he blured it out and I was very taken aback. It's not just an STD we're talking about but HIV.. All of a sudden I remembered everything I was taught about it in high school. I couldn't get HIV thruw touching, etc, but I was worried regardless. I thought I was out with a big disease, not a human being. Very sorry to say that and feel that way about a person but I just wanted to run away from him. After I offered my friendship only regardless for I knew he didn't have a lot of friends. He accepted but he just became a stalker anyways, totally clingy like I was his girlfriend, he was that desperate to have a woman in his life and just be accepted and loved. Poor thing but he went insane, I had to tell him off and change phone numbers. And he too got it from an unaithful girlfriend he had, that's the worst part, now he gets punished for something he didn't do. Sad, but why risk to get sick when u're healthy? If u don't have ur health, u have nothing.)

aww that's a sin when those types of things happen that's another reason why every man and women out there shouldn't cheat because the next person you may be cheating with could have an std or sti then what happens if you're loved one catches it like the guy you went out with he caught it from an unfaithful girlfriend it's a shame when these things happen I know this thread isn't about cheating but I thought I could add my 2 cents in abt it.
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:02:29 AM
If I was prepared to give up on the idea of ever having sex again, then yeah..... so, NO. lol.
 FISHGOLF
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:19:48 AM
I have an STD.
Er, a Stiff Tasty D***.
 bubbly37
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:14 AM
^^^ haha good one;)
I would have to say No in answer to the question. STDs are the reason for condoms...and yes I know there are some things you can catch even with a condom on, but most of those are curable ones. It's the UN curable ones that I worry about....way too much out there!!
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:21:46 PM
i have and things didn't work out because of different circumstances,would i personally date another person with std?depends on what it certainly is and wouldn't rule it out?there are alot of nice people who have it and doesn't mean we have to outcast them??
 Only_1_Monique
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:14:15 PM
WTF??? Uh, What kind of question?
 bristle
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:40:14 PM
patrickbeyond

good idea to get tested. It can be somewhat pricey but it helps with peace of mind if nothing else. Also imporant to really know the woman if it is an exclusive. If no exclusive, its cover up time. The biggest problem is if a person is latex sensitive. Some get such a reaction that it is near fatal. There are condom choices but no reliable data yet for STD. Forget about the lame skin - it is worthless for STD.

Anyone that intentional "slips the condom" should get his penis wacked. Sometimes a woman will try that too or try to talk you into not using one.

Some people use the tests from giving blood as a STD test. It is better than nothing, but really a STD is best along with a physical exam.

Given all the precautions, having sex with someone with an incurable STD is much too risky.
 molonel
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:43:31 PM

Sometimes a woman will try that too or try to talk you into not using one. - bristle

Yeah, that old "I'm allergic to latex" argument gets a lot of traction from some women, too, believe it or not.

I once had someone tell me that she was allergic to latex condoms. I told her I was allergic to having sex without condoms.

She didn't think that was very funny. Nothing happened between us.
 bristle
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:48:27 PM
molonel

I get "oh condoms, I hate them". Although some people as a class do develop the reaction - usually its people that work with latex like medical workers, day care center workers, and food servers like in cafterias. it can happen with men and women.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:50:39 PM
Well chances are we all have dated someone who has or had an STD... with the stats being something like 1 in 4 people have herpes and something like 90% go undiagnosed... similarly are the the stats on HPV.... then there are the STD's that people have that they have taken antibiotics for....
 alpha_female
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:43:54 PM
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT I WOULD EVEN THINK ABOUT DATING SOMEONE WITH AN STD. Sorry...but I value my life way too much to be playing a sick " Russian Roulette Game with STD ".
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?