Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~christina~
Msg: 2
would you ever date someone who has an std?Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
ummmmm...........negative
 jennafeeh
Msg: 5
would you ever date someone who has an std?
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:57:55 PM
I'd have to agree, it would turn me off completely.

Thankfully for those with an STD, there are plenty of people with them. Unfortunately for the rest of us, there are plenty of those with STDs...
 bristle
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:11:05 PM
I knew a beautiful woman that has herpes and I was in bed with her - just because we were visiting some people and no other place to sleep. She was a former gf. I thought about it briefly, but passed on it because it just wasn't worth it to me.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:58:00 AM
Never ever hun. Too much wierd stuff going around nowadays, it's scary.
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:02:29 AM
If I was prepared to give up on the idea of ever having sex again, then yeah..... so, NO. lol.
 FISHGOLF
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:19:48 AM
I have an STD.
Er, a Stiff Tasty D***.
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:21:46 PM
i have and things didn't work out because of different circumstances,would i personally date another person with std?depends on what it certainly is and wouldn't rule it out?there are alot of nice people who have it and doesn't mean we have to outcast them??
 bristle
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:40:14 PM
patrickbeyond

good idea to get tested. It can be somewhat pricey but it helps with peace of mind if nothing else. Also imporant to really know the woman if it is an exclusive. If no exclusive, its cover up time. The biggest problem is if a person is latex sensitive. Some get such a reaction that it is near fatal. There are condom choices but no reliable data yet for STD. Forget about the lame skin - it is worthless for STD.

Anyone that intentional "slips the condom" should get his penis wacked. Sometimes a woman will try that too or try to talk you into not using one.

Some people use the tests from giving blood as a STD test. It is better than nothing, but really a STD is best along with a physical exam.

Given all the precautions, having sex with someone with an incurable STD is much too risky.
 bristle
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:48:27 PM
molonel

I get "oh condoms, I hate them". Although some people as a class do develop the reaction - usually its people that work with latex like medical workers, day care center workers, and food servers like in cafterias. it can happen with men and women.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:50:39 PM
Well chances are we all have dated someone who has or had an STD... with the stats being something like 1 in 4 people have herpes and something like 90% go undiagnosed... similarly are the the stats on HPV.... then there are the STD's that people have that they have taken antibiotics for....
 thelowlyone
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:24:04 AM
The really great thing about this question and the answer I am goning to provide, is 95% of you are clueless on this subject, and 75% of you have an STD and don't even know it. Did you know that ghonerria only takes 3-5 days to show up in your system. It is one of the most common STD out there, and it can be cured so successfully that you cannot pass it on to others, in the same respect genital warts, can lye dormant in your system your whole life you may never have an outbreak and still pass it on to your partners. So before you judge to quickly and decisively, remember to do your homework.
 juggernaut72
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:55:02 AM
I am battling with this scenario now... a woman that I met on another site told me that ahe has HPV and Herpes on our second date. It is a hard decision but I am not sure that I can be intimate with someone that I KNOW has STDs. I keep thinking that there would be some fear in the back of my head all the time that would put a damper on the fun...

This is not the only thing that is keeping me from wanting a romantic relationship with her but definitely a heavy one.
 lakelandsm
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:05:06 PM
not knowingly!
 coy
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:14:14 PM
Okay, so I am genuinely allergic to latex. I can wear latex gloves but if I touch any mucus membrane with latex I have a reaction. I have also NEVER had sex without a condom. You just have to know yourself and your body...any girl who pushes you to leave the condom off has issues too big to deal with. In an attempt to stay on topic: I would never have sex with someone if I knew they had an STD, STI, whatever. I haven't taken so many precautions with my body to risk my health for someone who doesn't care about their own.
Oh, and to thelowlyone, those stats haven't been proven. Any medical information you seek on this topic comes with the disclaimer that there is no way to tell if those STDs lye dormant in your system because there is no possible way to tell if people are being honest about their sex habits. But thanks for insulting all of us, we appreciate it.
 mystlw
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2006 2:04:19 PM

Yeah, that old "I'm allergic to latex" argument gets a lot of traction from some women, too, believe it or not.

This is a little unfair. Latex sensitivity is a growing problem, and as latex is being used in a growing number of products the number of people showing signs of sensitivity to it is increasing.
My allergy to latex is dermatological, and I had to eventually leave a job in the medical field because of it. OSHA estimates that 8% - 12% of those in the medical field alone are latex sensitive. Assuming that those numbers are roughly representative of the population in general, about 10% of women truly cannot use a latex condom.

Instead of assuming that women have some ulterior motive for their latex allergy "argument", why not carry polyurethane condoms?
 crazycurlz
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:04:35 PM
consider the odds...many of us probably have already. plenty of STI's are cureable or treatable and only a couple are fatal.

are you all really saying that if someone had one of the common STI's which can be cured following antibiotic treatment or cryotherapy that you wouldn't "date" them? sure avoid sex during treatment, but dating shouldn't be an issue.

of course if someone had something fatal like hepatitis B or C, or was HIV positive, or was infected with something incurable like genital herpes...then there's reason to be concerned. it is possible to practise safer sex when one partner is positive and another is negative, but whether you are willing to risk infection depends on whether your feelings for the other person are based on like, lust, or love.
 Strider886
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:55:45 PM
It happen's, half the time its because people think they may have something but they are too embarrassed to get it checked. They then don't tell their next partner.

Do the responsible adult thing, get yourself checked EVERY 6 months, regardless of who you've been with and for how long. You owe it to yourself and to your lover.

Ignorance is the reason that STDs and STI's still have a grip on our modern society.
 fiery redhead
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:25:52 AM
bluntly...no, no, no,and No.

and, anyone who intends to be with me, condom or not, will submit to a visual and/or physical inspection for lesions.
 crazycurlz
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:29:51 AM
crazycurlz-I think the operative word here is "has".

I'm not going to knowingly have sex with someone that I know HAS an std.

fantasyflavor, the operative phrase here is "would you date", not would you have sex with. you can date someone who has an std...whether you would have sex is another question entirely, now isn't it?
 badboy - goodboy
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:17:57 AM
they should be marked so you know whot they are, a tatoo on the leg would do the job

so that if they try to sleep with you and give you an STD you avaid it

why should we risk it

peace 14
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/7/2006 10:30:43 PM
There is no way in the world I would have intercourse with someone nowing that they have one! I don't want to go through the trouble in curing it or just living with it for the rest of my life!
There are so many things out there now you never now when you are going to get one. Its always to be safe than sorry.
I have never had one and been tested for the HPV. I had a friend that had it and went through the chain of partners and found that we were connected through the grapevine so I went and got tested.
Here is one fact that no one has mentioned yet. Did you know that you can get CRABS by sitting on the same toilet as someone with them, or even trying on a pair of pants in a store that someone had tried on with crabs.
 badboy - goodboy
Msg: 68
Oh, and ...
Posted: 4/16/2006 4:00:55 PM
sure if the had HIV even better I would love to get some...mmm mmm sounds wonderful
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2006 4:18:43 PM
No I would not. However, what is the chance they'd actually tell you they had one if they did? I find the majority of men don't even want to go get tested so maybe they don't even know if they have one!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2006 4:23:28 PM

Condoms don't prevent 90% of STI's, there's still direct contact unless you're stretching that thing all the way around your hips.

Yeah, there's always stuff like crabs and herpes that could "get around" condoms. There's always the female condom but that's really expensive and hard to use.
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2006 4:29:13 PM

Once I met a guy who had HIV. He never told me till on our first date.

This is really tough. I mean the guy deserves credit for being so honest and upfront about it. He could've been an a-s-s-hole and not said anything until after you've slept with him or something, or worse, never say anything at all. At the same time, I agree I probably wouldn't want to date him because I'd be scared too. It's a bad catch 22. I guess the best thing to do is to trust no one. When starting a relationship with someone, MAKE them get tested before you sleep with them and if they refuse, they must have something to hide.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?