Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you girls think about guys with guns?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 6
What do you girls think about guys with guns?Page 1 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
yeah thats a good question

I know when they pose with expensive sportscars they they lack in the
man stick area.....
but what does posing with guns mean?

nala1
Msg: 8
What do you girls think about guys with guns?
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:09:51 PM
A guy with a gun? Heck no, I'd pass. A bow? Sure, just don't put that pic on your profile. Guns a definite turnoff for me.
 linne
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:19:26 PM
I've got a fetish for all sorts of weaponry, I'm sure I'm not the only one either.
So I think it's a good idea
 sammysalt1
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:24:51 PM
Depends how they act in the forums. If its because they go hunting, and want to let others know it. I have no proublem with it. I can shoot straight to.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/14/2006 4:01:35 PM
so what does it mean?

someone tell us !

curious minds want to know !
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:25:14 PM
I have guns..... I would never pose with one thinking
it was cute.

Guns aren't toys..... some moron is gonna shoot his big toe off
playing around

oiy
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:01:27 PM
we have magic powers like being able to breathe underwater

we never have things rust in mermaid land.....
 wolfskshuntress
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:22:23 PM
in Canada, not the norm to have a gun, so i would probably say, "watch out, this gal's packin' heat" ..

in the US, i would want to be packin' heat ..
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:47:23 PM
Mmmm.. a man with a gun.. well if he's pointing it at something to kill for supper then it's cool.. If he has it aimed at me... not cool...
 Tomfl51
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/15/2006 5:35:23 PM

I hate guns
I hate hunters

I enjoy shooting but not hunting. Also like the idea of being able to defend myself should the need arise. Like others have stated its not the gun itself that's the problem but the person behind it.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/27/2006 12:01:39 AM
I'll never give up my guns!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/27/2006 2:38:44 AM

ok there miss Charleston Heston

LOL... and your point is???

Well kenb.... I DO camp... got all the equipment, and can show pics!! LOL
 MasterBart
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2006 9:11:10 PM
I'm disappointed. I'd be angry, but the rhetoric of the sheeple aren't worth the emotional investment.

I gotta ask though, is there a single woman out there who can give a specific legit REASON for their anti-gun opinion? All I hear is "I hate guns and I hate any man who has anything to do with them and they're evil and stupid and I hate them."

Then it's "unless they're cops." Lawdy me, stick a badge on someone and they suddenly become ranked amongst the only rational humans on the planet. No badge= no brains, no ethics, psycho? Badge = kindhearted, gentle nurturer?

How is it that guns have the image of being something solely created in Satan's laboratory, radiating evil and infecting all those who touch or even like such a thing?
(Unless they are cops, who must be immune, and can turn the instruments of Satan into tools to warm the hearts of the world.)

And what's with the hatred of hunters? Is it because you love animals? So it's ok if an animal spends it's life in a cage with it's legs pinned back getting pumped full of injections, because it gets mechanically slaughtered?

- - - - - - - - -

DUDE... I'm not a hunter, but not a hater either. I've had to sell my Beretta; I'm sane and kind now and was exactly the same when I owned it. I'm not evil, in spite of the fact that I can explain the difference between a semi-automatic and a revolver. If you ladies like men at least partially for the "he can protect me" feeling, did it ever occur to you that an armed boyfriend can do better than an unarmed one? Did it ever occur to any of you that you may be less likely to suffer under an abusive man if there are guns in the home and he knows that YOU know how to use them?

I've had to use a gun for protection, so far fortunately only against dangerous creatures such as moccasins and copperheads. On rare occation, I consider an afternoon at the shooting range good entertainment. And I can assure you that if you learn about something (including guns), and get some first-hand experience, then it becomes not scary at all.

So again, I repeat the question: can any of you gun-freaking-out-over ladies support your prejudice with anything even the least bit substantial?
 mysterious5
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/28/2006 10:23:53 PM
I don't need a gun, I can shoot my mouth off faster than anyone can pull a trigger, most of the time i even make sense.

I'm all for the right to bare arms but haven't "yet" felt the need to carry a piece, but if that time comes it will be the biggest one I can carry while still being concealed. If your going to carry a gun it might as well be the biggest one on the block.
 mysterious5
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/28/2006 10:42:58 PM
^^^^excellent point..Learning German has never been high on my priority list and thanks to our veterans I'll never have to. talk about bravery
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/29/2006 2:17:45 PM
This was interesting. I wonder if geography plays a part in the responses here. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't own at least one gun. Displaying them in a profile borders on the edge of ridiculous, but where I live, we all own guns. Trap shooting is a huge sport here, and hunting is still widely accepted. Concealed weapon permits are very common here. I googled before I posted here, and I was actually amazed, in the past 3 years, there have been 2 accidental gun deaths and 15 murders involving guns. 4 of those were police officer involved shootings, all 4 were cleared of wrong doing (what can I say, it's Idaho ~ those good ole' boys stick together!!)
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:18:14 PM
^^^ so you're saying you hate guns and knives... did I understand that correctly???
 MarkCK
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/5/2006 8:52:00 AM
I think the pics with guns are pretty pathetic.

Some of the slower guys think yeahhhh, it's macho!! and manly! check out the big gun!! but truth is that it's so weak and corny, a cheap penis extention!!

I don't mind guns in movies and when people are passionate about them for hunting it's ok I guess (although I'm not into that) - but generally. they're wickity wack.

as for women and knives no thanks!!!

there's a few types of pictures that I don't really like, girls who have their tounges pierced and have to stick out their tounges (big deal) to make a, cra-hazy impression on everyone (not really)!

girls who pout too hard!! there's SO many of them!! fishes!?

check out some of the profiles though, there are a lot of attention seekers on here who are clearly hot and are just flaunting for the tease and attention, that's the worst. too hollywood for me
 ladyc4
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/5/2006 9:44:18 AM

What do men think about women with guns that know how to use them? Don't have to be that accurate with a shotgun

Hear hear!
Cindy O
 designingwoman
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2006 9:55:00 PM
If the guy likes to hunt or shoot skeet I would have no problems with this. I like venison so I would enjoy the results of a successful hunt. While I don't hunt or use guns myself, I don't mind as long as the gun is owned safely and responsibly. And this is coming from someone who hates the NRA for being so dangblasted extreme.

I am moderate on the gun issue--I feel that law abiding people do have the right to have a gun, but I also support such measures as registration. If I had a gun and it's registered, it would make it easier for the police to return the gun to me if it was stolen. I think that's reasonable enough.

DW a native of Smith & Wesson country and proud of it!!!
 TJP1960
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/29/2006 3:08:34 PM
As a guy who owns a collectors Civil War vintage revolver as well as self defense weapons, they are locked up except for one. If there is a child in the house, that one goes in the safe too. I shoot for sport, competition, and assist a local terrorist watch group. I live 1/2 mile from a base. That's enough of a target for any foreign threat. We let anyone in this country, and I as a State Official who's received many death threats for rulings I make, it's necessary. It's the idiots who have handcanons walking around with them in there crotch that give us a bad name. If someone got into the house at 2:00am, and held me while they raped you, people might feel differently. Guns kill like spoons made Rosie O'donnnel fat! The only exception is my children. If someone so much as lays a hand on them, the police are the last thing they need worry about. I'm not even the angry type!
 Splinter
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2006 3:26:03 PM
I am not into guns or hunting.
 Jim0647
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/13/2006 2:05:26 PM
Most guys I know, me, included, do not "wave" our guns around. We keep them in a safe when not being used. I have a CC permit (retired police officer) and carry most of the time, but you won't know it unless it is NECESSARY to take it out or if you see me target shooting or, if you're in my house and see my safe.
 designingwoman
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2006 5:37:56 PM
How about a Klingon disruptor pistol or a Starfleet-issue phaser rifle??
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/13/2006 9:26:19 PM
The only men I know that DO NOT have guns.. are felons!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you girls think about guys with guns?