Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > abuse of authority      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 odlss
Msg: 1
abuse of authorityPage 1 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
real ife experiences of persons in authority abusing their positions. cops obviously, but what about others?
 odlss
Msg: 2
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:05:39 AM
winnipeg police claiming 0 tolerance for years and then chief jack ewatski on the stand claiming no such policy exists. wonder how many have been wrongfully convicted on that piece of disinformation. and please,bfore evrybody starts getting on the bashing wagon,rules are rules and laws are laws and cops in paticular should know them .
 odlss
Msg: 3
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:08:24 AM
dano, i was thinkin more of the type of person in a position of responsibility. altho i do agree bounceds are right up there, they do only get paid minimum[ more if they can spell]
 odlss
Msg: 4
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:10:07 AM
you would make the ideal cop as you think like their clients do[ but you already knew that lol]
 odlss
Msg: 5
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:12:57 AM
would love to hear from the law enforcement side[especially prison gaurds who have the powerr to manipualte the inmates.... oh and dont get high and mighty, you know it happens, we are all human and just like good and bad people there are good and bad law enforcement personel]
 odlss
Msg: 6
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:32:09 AM
i see those as abuse of trust and stupidity
 odlss
Msg: 7
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:37:10 AM
no law enforcement replies? wattsa matter, only got room for stupid crimanal stories? be annonymous and tell us what really goes on. this invitayion is also for those that work[read live off the misfortune of others ] in the judiciary, crown and defense, social workers, counsellors, hell any body that saya they are just doing their job. bs. kinda like not my table at a reataurant.
 odlss
Msg: 8
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:41:12 AM
opera, dont you find it interesting when right wingers say we need to build more prisons so our[ meaning they're ] children will have good paying jobs. and now in the us prisons are private entreprise. only makes sense to keep cranking out the baddies so the goodie can have that new bass boat inhe driveway in no time. thanx for coming north and do drop in more often. cheers
 odlss
Msg: 9
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:49:29 AM
thanx for your insight notta, i just hope the what happens in the------ staya in the ---- mentallity stops in the instiutional world[jail, hospitals,old folks homes, etc.] im a firm believer in the opinion that anyone in a postion that deals with people shopuld be monitered by remote camera at all times. think of the manners both parties would have to exhibt so as not to cross the line, lie etc. maybe a new thread?
 odlss
Msg: 10
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:53:54 AM
sorry just read your last post and un fortunatlly your cop bretren are more interested in throwing someone in the remand than waiting at the hospital or other care faciliies wher the wait is hours in full view of the public eye. at the station it can be shoot the breeze, make the client wait, etc. and then get paid overtime to fill out your reports.not bad being able to decede whats best for a client. and get the facts straight/ it was a general observation of our neighbors to the south of us. please dont get defensive, im not only talking about your job as a gaurd or what itis you do exacctly, im talking about anyone who may be in a position to harm or violate ones rights, including priests teachers etc
 odlss
Msg: 11
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:03:07 AM
in this day and age the wearing of a camera is not out of the quesion. they use them in war zones to give the senior man a view and the time to make a deision based on experience and caalmness. imagine if the kid killed by the rookie[and i feel bad for him that he didnot have this technology]cop here in the peg when he had a screwdriver. a heartbeat moniter should also be considerd. this would also cut down on opaperwork, overtime, courttime[ cop getsassaulted frist, no mre word against word bs].
 odlss
Msg: 12
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:05:35 AM
im not talking about people who are violent or oterwise,im talking about those with mental health issues who have been apprehended and the obious place is care not jail.
 odlss
Msg: 13
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:17:11 AM
cameras would do away with radios as constant communication would be available,keys are unfortunaly a way of life[ kinda like plastic crds in wallets]. they could also be used for id purposes to gain acces to remotly controlled areas[ turn cam on self and smile]. notebooks for cops would be a thing of the past [sorry your honor i lost that one] the bad guys know their on cam so they behave better and if not no argument in front of the judge[sorry alwyers, less remand and$$$$$$$$$$$ i love that part] all in all it boils down to big brother be ing watched for a change and that isnt a bad thing is it?
 odlss
Msg: 14
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 2:19:40 PM
no not really, the zero tolerance policy was interpretted[and this is by many different law enfocercement agencies]that a domestic complaint was automatic arrest and detention. no if ands or buts. this was to allow a cooling off period. now the wpg police say it is a descretionary call. unfortunatly the number of people arrested under this belief is criminal. and notta as far as those with mental health issues doing fine while insarcerated, there was a ex poiticians son who did not get his meds as prescribed while on remand. stories of even getting motrin for a broken wrist all seem to havethe same thread to them. not all those in the job are bad, but the o nes that are, well, your judged by the company you keep, same as the baddies. and i would like to think that evrybody realized i meant cams with audio for two way communucation. and cams in high traffic areas have habit of not functioning at the most inooportune times. at least with personal cam/audio technology,failure os the unit requires no more than personnel wearing itreplacing it with one that works.interesting views. and i know the union wouldnt want it. hell im in one and weve got our own surveillance griviences.
 odlss
Msg: 15
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 2:30:58 PM
all4um would you be for or against cams on police in the field, social workers in interviews,etc?just as those say dont do the crime etc. isay thase who have nothing to hide have nothing to worry about.simple right wing logic at its best i feel
 odlss
Msg: 16
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 3:00:56 PM
the infra structure is already in place for this tech. police are on gps,radios in cars and on person. the cams would probably lighter and smaller than they are now. each police car has a cell phone. this would be phased in as the old ech is replaced[ radios]. as far as my own home, you obviouslly dont know me very well. i have on more than one occasion told the law to leave. it is because i value my privacy and rights that i believe this is the next logical step. those against the athorities being wired i believe would also condone the roughing up of a suspect for a confesson or information.
 odlss
Msg: 17
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 3:45:47 PM
i believe i have said already that the cameras would be audio too. the fact that someone monitoring the wearers progress would be alerted to something afoot. hell, there is no drawbacks except now the good guys have to tow the line as far as the rules go. for example, we would know for sure what happened to the kid falling down the elevator shaft in alberta a few years back. rodney king comes to mind. and the last time i saw a takedown of a suspect on tv ,it was after he was pulled from the view of thecam that he was put to the ground and cuffed. make no mistake, this tech is out there and available, and just the right councillers with vision are needed
 odlss
Msg: 18
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 3:49:32 PM
gotta, ever been pulled over mistakenly and had a gun pulled on you because you fit a description? abd bayer, iwould love to have an educated person as yourself to keep me in check. im not a wordsmith. just a guy that has had a view from both ends of the spectrum.
 odlss
Msg: 19
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 7:05:57 PM
gotta just got your post and guess what, im not painting evryone with the same brush. but a few bad apples spoil it for all. and not only will i call acop when in trouble i expect him to act professional and do his job. if he doesnt like me ormy posts he must put it aside and deal with the issue at hand. curious about something else, professional drivers must submit to ffull physicals during their carrers. do law enforcement get psych evalutions to spot burnout or fatigue on regular intervals? i notice the parts about the protection of the personnell is not given any attention. just the negatives.
 odlss
Msg: 20
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/16/2006 7:17:46 PM
i also dont hate cops or authority. this thread was about abuse of same. the cameras keep the bad,undertrained,misinformed on notice that they are under scrutiny. this should make them pull up theur socks. and i have been the victim of a home invasion[ex left the door open] and the cops were cool. i have called them about rowdiness in the streets etc. no complaint. however, watching a cop give a buddy of mine the screws over a domestic dispute between him and his ex, the transformation of that paticular individual was amazing when informed that there was a vid cam going ,which was brought to his attention by being in plain view. this is the tactics they use when they feel they can get away with it. i respect caops for the job they do, i hust dont like how they get the job done. aand please dont startthat sometimes getting rough is necessary to get answers. this is NOT in the job description. im loving this as people are becoming more awre.
 odlss
Msg: 21
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:28:36 AM
shendoa, and it was a cam that caught the incidents. this was a choice made by someone to covertly catch someone. im not advocating this on authority figures as this can be thrown out as entrapment. we all have bad tendecies and dont act on them for various reasons. this wiring of those in positions of authority would just make sure they dont cross the line. and people, what about the added pluses of less court time due to recorded evidence, the fact that those being arrested realize that their actions are recorded so as to behave or go directly to jail, and most importanatly, the fact that a life could have been spared from a rookie making the wrong decision where as seasoned professional could have taken control of the situation once they detected the increase in heartrate. those in the profssion will balk at it at first, but as soon as it saves a life, they'll wonder how they did without it. keep the comments coming peeps, especially those in the trade of law enforcement as your comments can help to iron out the kinks in the systems as they are brought in.. and what about those red light cameras? they made me slow down.. see cams work.
 odlss
Msg: 22
abuse of authority
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:22:43 PM
so its okay for someone with a badge to break the rules, and not an ordinary citizen. and hiow many baddies have walk ed because of some cop abusing that persons rights and is back on the street in days?the ones who abuse their authority jeporadize the possible conviction by playing by their own rules. i too respect cops when the respect is earned. i dont just assume that because they have a unform that they are worthy of my respect and trust.
 odlss
Msg: 23
abuse of authority
Posted: 4/12/2006 8:27:54 AM
thought i would bring this up as been watching a thread on prison penpals. and you may have heard about the law enfocement employee who was caught by mpi on fraud after he torched his jeep and blamed it on the bandidos. now should he be treated as any other individual caught by mpi or should he be held to a higher standard?
 odlss
Msg: 24
abuse of authority
Posted: 4/14/2006 1:08:17 PM
trust me ppl , i will not let this thread die. i know that after my experiences and seeing friends of mine go through the same crap that those of you who believe the system we have is all we got, think again. i have respect for those that deserve my respect but with the paramilitary attitude of law enforcement focus we now have is archaic and outdated. such as believing your wife is your property. things change. but only when ppl decide enough is enough. case in point, what kind of support was there for women 50 years ago? not much. now, the world is dirty with support for women. why? because they said enough and continued to make a difference even after their own personal needs were met. the halocaust was terrible,yet do we hear of the Ukrainians who perished at the hands of Stalin? only those who believe in true change will bring it about. those who sit back and say well that nightmare is over, i gotta "get over it' . well when it happens again to someone else it's partially your fault. forget voting. get involved with the issues. and maybe the future generations of law enforcement, government officials,lawyers atc may be worthy of respect.
 odlss
Msg: 25
abuse of authority
Posted: 4/14/2006 1:08:27 PM
trust me ppl , i will not let this thread die. i know that after my experiences and seeing friends of mine go through the same crap that those of you who believe the system we have is all we got, think again. i have respect for those that deserve my respect but with the paramilitary attitude of law enforcement focus we now have is archaic and outdated. such as believing your wife is your property. things change. but only when ppl decide enough is enough. case in point, what kind of support was there for women 50 years ago? not much. now, the world is dirty with support for women. why? because they said enough and continued to make a difference even after their own personal needs were met. the halocaust was terrible,yet do we hear of the Ukrainians who perished at the hands of Stalin? only those who believe in true change will bring it about. those who sit back and say well that nightmare is over, i gotta "get over it' . well when it happens again to someone else it's partially your fault. forget voting. get involved with the issues. and maybe the future generations of law enforcement, government officials,lawyers atc may be worthy of respect.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > abuse of authority