Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Epileptics      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EvilKittie13
Msg: 2
EpilepticsPage 1 of 1    
i like a guy with epilepsy...it doesn't affect the way i feel about someone.
 KEL9MORE
Msg: 8
Epileptics
Posted: 6/2/2006 2:21:39 AM
I AM AN EPILEPTIC THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONIS: THERE ARE ALOT OF GOOD HEARTED WOMAN OUT THERE THAT HAVE THE SAME DISORDER, IT DOESNT MEAN WE ARE NOT HUMAN ,IT MEANS WE HAVE FEELINGS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE EVEN IF WE ARE DISABLED, SO WHY DOES SOME PEOPLE MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL ABOUT SOMETHING THAT CANT BE HELPED ILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.I HAVE SEIZERS,SINCE I WAS 10 ALMOST 11 YRS OLD IM AM 43 YRS OLD NOW, AT FIRST THEY THOUGHT MY WAS A TUMOR THEN THEY SAID NO ,RIGHT WHEN THEY WAS FIXING TO SHAVE MY HEAD FOR SURGERY, THEY YELLED STOPPED SHE ONLY HAS EPLIESEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE ALL THE TEST YEARLY.IM AN EPILEPTIC VERY PROUD OF IT.I HAVE 2 BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERSAGES 25 YRS OLD AND 20 YRS OLD, IM ALSO A MEMAW OF 3 BEAUTIFUL GRANDDAUGHTERS WHOM IM VERY PROUD OF ,AS FOR MY KIDS THEY ARE NOT ASHAMED OF ME. THATS ALL I CARE ABOUT, WE ARE ONLY NORMAL WOMAN & MEN & CHILDREN TOOOOOOO!
 musicalife
Msg: 10
Epileptics
Posted: 7/8/2006 6:26:55 AM
I think it is a fear really of "will I be able to handle it when it happens" because they can be violent. I have seen a poor dog (an old girlfriend's) go into seizures and it really tugs the heartstrings when it is over. The dog is exhausted.

I worked with a guy who occasionally had them and he told me to make sure if he does have one to pin him on his right side. That was about ten years ago so I believe it was the right side. He would always instruct new people around him what to do if he had one. I didn't have a problem with it. The guy was totally cool and his instructions gave me confidence in dealing with it if I had to.
 calliko27
Msg: 11
Epileptics
Posted: 7/9/2006 9:36:45 AM
I think anyone who is fearful of someone with epilespsy is ignorant.. It's a medical condition nothing else.. It's no different than having a medical condition for high blood pressure.. or anything else. If you know what to do during one it helps.. and I'll admit they are scary as hell to watch.. but the person is still the same..

I can't believe people would be that rude..!!!
 Byrd
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Epileptics
Posted: 7/3/2007 4:50:48 PM
My best friend the lesbian from h*ll that thinks I'm her old lady is epileptic she has had several seizures in my presence twice coding it scared the sh*t out of me some people might be uncomfortable having to take care for someone when they have a seizure...Always roll them on their side that's about all I know. Everyone has something.....
 Just 4 You
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Epileptics
Posted: 10/27/2007 10:21:57 AM
Hey there TruckMaker44.

I've also been around the block with women, only to find out later they've moved on to someone better....Someone with a car. Not being able to drive has always made women laugh at the idea of dating me ("You're Kidding, Right?"). If it's not that, then it's her Parents telling me to stay away, claiming she deserves someone better. At the moment, the Parents of a 41 year old woman who also has Epilepsy called the police on me, when they fouind out we were more than just friends. She loves me, but her parents want to file charges. I got called to the Police Department, and agreed that she and I have been dating and it's been getting better all the time. That was all the evidence they needed to press charges. She's an adult, so she should be able to make her own decisions. But since she has a disability, her Parents have convinced the Police how Epilepsy ruined her school grades, therefore she's got the mind of a child, marking me as a pedophile going after children. Crazy!!! Friends have told me she's really upset now, as I'm the fourth guy they've done this to. She wants a man in her life, but they figure it's best if she stays home with them. Any man she dates is automatically considered the enemy.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Epileptics
Posted: 10/28/2007 10:11:46 AM
She has nothing wrong with her mentality, in fact she's better than me at a few things as she didn't have Brain Surgery like I did, so her vocabulary is better than mine at times. But all her life, her parents wouldn't let her have her own place, just in case. She stopped having seizures a few years ago, but her Parents are still concerned that you never know... they might return!

One time, she got even. She cut up her Dad's Driver's License, telling him she knows he hasn't had a stroke ever since his last one a few years back, but you never know... he might have another one!

I stopped having them after the Brain Surgery in 2003, but to her parents, that's not good enough. She's told me about the plans her Parents have for her when they're gone... a Care Home for People with Disabilities, so there's always someone there, just in case. My Parents did that to me when i finished High School as they had to work, so I know what she's going through. Together we had plans of sharing expenses on a place of our own which terrified her parents. In turn, they called the Police.

The Police didn't even bother talking to her and finding out that she's not as stupid as her parents make her out to be. They do that on purpose to get Government Funding to keep her at home. Same as the funding a Care Home gets, enabling them to buy a new vehicle every two years, but if she leaves, they can't buy any more stuff. So the only logical answer.... get rid of me instead.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Epileptics
Posted: 10/28/2007 11:00:30 AM
My Parents are much the same. They figure the best way to get me cleared of this is to make it look like I had no idea what I was doing.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Epileptics
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:57:02 AM
Good News! Case went to court and the Judge threw it out, accusing the Parents and the Police of it being a waste of time. Look at the facts... There was no sexual assault reported. She didn't file a complaint...her Parents did. Do they honestly want what's best for her, or best for them? She's 41, not 14!!!
 angelmiss88
Msg: 20
Epileptics
Posted: 5/4/2010 8:53:40 PM
My best friend is epileptic and she was diagnosed in high school. She suffered her first seizure in art class in high school while she was sitting next to me. At the time we didn't know she had epilepsy, but I suspected she did. At the time I informed the professor what school her sister attended and her sister was contacted and their parents notified. An ambulance was called and I accompanied my friend to the hospital and her sister and parents were there quickly afterwards. What happened has never changed our friendship at all and has never made me look at her differently.
 emat16
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Epileptics
Posted: 8/20/2018 6:47:45 PM
I'm a 57 year old woman with petit mal epilepsy. From northwest indiana. I have a very hard time living alone with my seizures alone. And with no friend to accept me. If you're interested or let me know where i can i join a site for epileptic singles. Thank you. Emily.l
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Epileptics