Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > HELP WITH JAVA      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ICEMAN98520
Msg: 1
view profile
History
HELP WITH JAVAPage 1 of 1    
HELLO I NEED SOME HELP WITH JAVA TO VIEW STREAMS.YOU SEE WHEN I TRY TO VIEW A STREAM IT SAYS CANNOT VIEW STREAM WITHOUT JAVA AND THEN TAKES ME TO A SITE TO DOWNLOAD JAVA, WELL I DO AND THEN IT SAYS JAVA VERIFIED AND THEN WHEN I TRY TO VIEW IT OVER AGAIN IT DOES THE SAME THING. OVER AND OVER .I THINK I HAVE ABOUT 25 OF THE SAME JAVA,S AND SHOCKWAVES DOWNLOADED OVER AND OVER. ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU
 Nghtshft
Msg: 2
HELP WITH JAVA
Posted: 3/17/2006 3:45:31 AM
Try uninstalling the old java first.....Start>Settings.Control Panel> Add and Remove Programs

Then go to this web site and download the latest version of the Java software

http://java.sun.com/

If you are running an older version of Windows you may need to download a version more compatable with your OS...

Good Luck
 yayawhatever
Msg: 3
view profile
History
HELP WITH JAVA
Posted: 3/22/2007 4:49:20 PM
I have seen this problem occur when someone is using firefox and the site requires java and the use of IE. In that case making IE the default browser resolved the problem.

Other times it was as simple as turning off the pop-up blocker. If you installed the google toolbar when you upgraded to IE7 it is a real pain. Click the indicator of how many pop-ups are blocked to allow pop-ups and voila!

At java.com the download button is near the top on the left. Fairly simple to download it.

Approximately a year and a half ago there was a patch for java that you had to hunt for. Which was a real pain if you actually needed it.

If you check Internet Options, then click settings under the browsing history section on the general tab, and then click the view objects button, and all java objects appear installed then you shouldn't have to reinstall java.
 angelic_devil32
Msg: 4
HELP WITH JAVA
Posted: 3/23/2007 3:53:44 PM
If you are using Windows XP the most up to date Java is Java 5 Update 11. If you are on Windows Vista then you need Java 6. The best way to download Java is to visit www.java.com and select Manual Download and do a Windows Offline installtion. This will bypass all firewalls and make sure anti spyware programs are disabled when downloading Java. I have experiences issues with anti spyware programs blocking Java based programs. Java does not overwrite itself when you update the version - you must delete all previous versions. As for streaming java applets not running, try clearing the java cache from Control Panel - Java Control Panel.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > HELP WITH JAVA