Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Existance of Jesus PROPHESIED in HINDU SCRIPTURES 3000 years before h      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rug Doctor
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Existance of Jesus PROPHESIED in HINDU SCRIPTURES 3000 years before his birthPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
funny how they believe he walked on water, but couldn't possibly have taken a trip to India.
hahahahahaha
 RDtoo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Existance of Jesus PROPHESIED in HINDU SCRIPTURES 3000 years before his birth
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:17:53 PM
I would believe Roberts South Pole story before I believed that Jesus went to India.
 Rug Doctor
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:31:42 AM
why is it so hard to believe, for a believer?
 RDtoo
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:33:13 PM
MDC, you ask a good question. I am something of a sceptic. I have wrestled with doubts for most of my Christian life. Believing does not come easy to me, but I have seen enough to confirm that I am travelling in the right direction. As for Jesus' "missing years", it has never been a problem for me. He apprenticed as a Carpenter for many years. This answer seems to be too obvious for some to accept.
 statueman
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:52:34 AM
you know... I don't know... but two things stand out to me in the scriptures and that is even after his death Jesus appears to many 1 and that these three sage-kings from the east come looking for him when he is born 2.

people that please God and or seek truth with an honest and good heart usually get rewarded for their efforts. it was that way back then. it's that way now.

some folks get to prophesy, other folks get to see those prophesies fulfilled and still yet others get to be the fulfillment of those prophesies.

the only thing that bothers me about a Hindu prophesy of Jesus is the percieved validation this would give the Hindu religion.
 Rug Doctor
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:02:25 AM
Statueman, this is indeed the trouble Christians have, I would say.
Refusal to concede anything if it gives credence to something other than their beliefs.
This is good for the faith, but bad for the chances of others taking them seriously.
whether it is this subject, evolution, or any subject, it gives the appearance of being foolish.

As you know, the number of christians accepting evolution as an ongoing fact, is quite high today, but a hundred years ago it was like heresy.
This shows that gradually, new generations dispose of old belief, while still trying to uphold the faith. Now they usually only stick at the point of one kind of flesh becoming a different kind.
Very different than a hundred years ago.
 statueman
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:17:01 AM
i'm sorry, i used to be a liberal theological type... grew up a democrate ... but then mr gorbachev tore down the wall, i kept getting pay raises in the army from bush #1 and then the democrats tried to liken being gay to being black and then abortion on demand and then and then

well sue me!

I don't believe in Karma or reincarnation or a whole bunch of beliefs that are counter to the Scriptures so I cannot go as far as to say that the hindu religion is valid teaching about God as I can the words of Jesus Christ.

did the hindu prophecy about Jesus contain all the key elements of the Gospels?

I'm not trying to offend anybody but there is just no end to the questions and criticizms of Christianity and disciples of Christ in this religious forum.

and why is it i never see you guys complaining when my beliefs are subtly or openly attacked?
 statueman
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:57:07 PM
soup kitchens

that's how i know

i never saw a Hindu soup kitchen in downtown skidrow Los Angeles.

The only religion i ever saw making great attempts to reach out to the least of men are the christians. They even go to hindu countries and do it.

and I'll take a bowl of soup over a book anytime.

so you will come back with that's how they force their religion on people or any number of assorted cliche responses but you cannot point to anything that validates serving the least of man with the exception of maybe Ghandi's teaching which even Martin Luther King espoused.

No, you critisize the Christian because he says there is only One God and refuses to believe in Hari Krishna when you know that we believe that every knee shall bow and every tounge confess that Yeshua the Messiah is Lord.

But our faith has many earthly witnesses to prove it. Proof that has nothing to do with the wars so many claim lay at the feet of the body of Christ.

But get dead broke and try to find a warm bed and a meal and you will find the vast majority of these being offered by Christians.
 RDtoo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:11:20 PM
Robert isn't it interesting that they have to claim Christians tampered with the writings of Josephus, but nobody suggests that for the nonsense the OP is trying to promote?

I always find it interesting that other religions or belief systems have to somehow bring Jesus into so that it might lend some credence to their beliefs as they cannot seem to stand on their own.
 RDtoo
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:20:43 PM
The fact remains that you have created multiple threads using Jesus or parts of the Bible and tried to relate them to your own beliefs. Facts speak for themselves Amigo.
 RDtoo
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2006 10:03:36 PM
I apologise. My mistake.
 elster99
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:45:15 AM
Yes, it does... but keep in mind that most people are reluctant to validate some
feature of another religion, the fear is that it might invalidate their own religion.
That is how many are converted to another religion, 'Oh, look there, there is a
foul spot on you cloak, fling it away for the whole thing is impure and therefore
evil. Oh dear...

If even a hand full of Hindu's were seeking the truth over the last several
thousand years, then maybe we can ferret out a bit of it if we honestly ask
the simple question; what is it you believe? When we meet a Hindu.

The Hindu panthieon is in stark contrast to the Christian cosmology. The bibical
stories name very few supernatural beings. I am going to take a more in-depth look
at the beliefs of the Hindu's (and also the Bhuddists; another strange one for me)
with the goal finding what truths about the nature of the human condition the
people of India have learned/discovered in the last several thousand years.
 RDtoo
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2006 1:11:34 AM
Did Hindus worship that crazy statue of a woman with 8 arms 3000 years ago or was that a later addition?
 RDtoo
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:38:43 PM
Morecowbell, I agree with much of what you had to say. God does not need us to defend Him and people of other religions practice their Faith much better than most Christians.

I do disagree with you on God sending various messengers to various parts of the world. It sounds reasonable but I cannot buy into it. The reason why I have stated here in the past but will recap. The New Testament claims that Jesus died for the sins of the world. He IS the Mediator between God and Man. Now if it were possible to find salvation/get to heaven, etc, by other means, then Jesus died in vain. If we could find favor in God's eyes by following the 10 Commandments, burnt offerings, flying an airplane into a building, then Jesus did not have to die on a Cross. In other words, either Christianity is right and other religions are wrong, or Christianity is wrong and one or more other religions are right. Somewhere, someone is wrong.
 passionteman
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/26/2006 9:00:45 AM
Doesn't the word "Purana" means old? How does that translate into Future happening? As far as the authenticity of Puranas go, they come in third place after Vedas and Upanishads.
 WhoisRonPaul
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:17:40 PM
Hinduism will not save anyone. Man can make up whatever they want, but we can only be saved through Jesus Christ the Savior! satan is relentlessly working to invent false religion.....It will cost many in the lake of fire. Catholicism is not Christianity btw even if they claim to be Christian. They pervert salvation by works and sacraments. The Catholic church has a long history persecuting nations with their wicked, godless crusades. The religion itself is false and a perversion of real Christianity......I say this not to hate Catholics, but to hate false doctrine....Islam, Buddism, Hinduism, New age, etc....Are all roads straight to hell.....I am warning everyone here because I care!!!

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." Romans 3:10-12

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God" Romans 3:23-25

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24

"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;"
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
 Larrup
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/3/2009 5:51:46 PM
Catholicism is not Christianity btw even if they claim to be Christian. They pervert salvation by works and sacraments.

That is what I used to think also, before I read the writings of the earliest Christians, the Church Fathers.

*All* of the earliest Christians believed in the sacraments, and in the Eucharist most especially. *All* of them believed that the bread and wine literally become for Christians the Body and Blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I urge you to go and read the Church Fathers for yourself. Do not merely read a redacted collection of their quotes taken out of context. Go get whole books and read them cover to cover. See what the earliest Christians thought and believed, in their own words. Read them in context.

Satan does not want you to read the Church Fathers. Satan knows that if you do read them, you may change your mind about sacraments, and then you will be one step closer to the True Faith. Because of this, Satan has infected Protestantism with the idea that only the Bible should be read; nothing else is of any value. You probably believe this yourself. But if you are like most Protestants, you are logically inconsistent. You read the writings of great Christian authors like C. S. Lewis. I think you should be logically consistent. If you are going to read anything other than the Bible, if you are going to read some Christian authors other than scripture, then you ought to be willing to read the writings of the earliest Christians which have withstood the test of time.

But for now, I would like to challenge you with scripture, because I know that you believe the Bible.

1 CORINTHIANS 11:12-30

There is a passage about the Eucharist in 1 Cor 11:12-30. Some people in Corinth had *died* because they received the Eucharist in an unworthy manner. (1 Cor 11:30) They did not recognize the body of Christ in the Eucharist, and so they ate and drank damnation unto themselves. (1 Cor 11:29) Question_1: if the bread and wine are merely symbolic, then why were some of the Corinthian Christians *dead*? (1 Cor 11:30) Mere symbols don't kill people. Question_2: study verse 29. Look at it in many translations, and also in the original Greek. The NASB translates it "does not judge the body rightly". The RSV has "without discerning the body". The KJV has "not discerning the Lord's body". The NIV has "without recognizing the body of the Lord". What does this passage actually mean? Keep in mind that whatever it means, your understanding of it must be consistent with the fact that many of the Corinthians had *DIED*, and mere symbols don't kill people.

JOHN 6:26-69

I would also like to challenge you with John 6:26-69. First, the context is set up in verse 26. Thousands of people were following Jesus around because they had recently seen the miracle of the loaves and fishes, where more than 5000 men, plus women and children, were fed with one little boy's lunch. (John 6:3-13) So the context is *FOOD*.

Furthermore, I want to challenge you to pay attention to the two groups of people who are interacting: the crowd, and Jesus. The crowd challenges Jesus, and Jesus responds. In fact, Jesus responds with a challenge for the crowd. The crowd clearly understands the challenge, because they become more and more antagonistic towards Jesus. Each time Jesus speaks, He ups the ante. He says things that are more and more provocative. He provokes the crowd to greater anger and greater rejection of Him. So let's delve into the passage.

In verse 29, Jesus first challenges the crowd with something easy: believing in Him whom God had sent.

The crowd challenges Jesus back in verses 30-31, asking for more signs and miracles, and they cite the miracle of the manna in the desert.

Now Jesus starts saying provocative things in verses 32-33. Jesus claims to be the True Bread from heaven. "... my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven, and gives life to the world." In retrospect, we can see that this was Jesus' first claim to be that True Bread. Certainly, it was Jesus who came down from heaven, and it is Jesus who gives live to the world.

But things get even more provocative when the crowd asks for this True Bread from heaven. (verse 34) Look at what Jesus says: "I am the bread of life". Jesus said a lot of other things, but look at what the crowd focuses on. What got the crowd excited? What stuck in their craw? What of Jesus' sayings were they having a hard time accepting??

The answer is in the crowd's reaction (verse 41). The crowd starts murmuring, specifically because Jesus called Himself the "Bread which came down from heaven". So they challenge Jesus again (in verse 42). But note first that they are becoming more antagonistic.

Once again, Jesus responds, and ups the ante. Read Jesus' response in verses 43 through 51, but pay special attention to verses 48-51. Those were the statements which riled up the crowd. Jesus makes the very provocative claim that He is the True Bread which comes down from heaven, and furthermore, that if anybody eats *Him*, they will live forever. Furthermore, this "Living Bread" is Jesus' *FLESH*. (verse 51).

Look again at the crowd's reaction. The crowd gets more agitated. They think Jesus is talking nonsense. They cannot accept Jesus' teaching. (verse 52)

Once again, Jesus responds, and ups the ante once more. (verses 53-58) Jesus says that unless they eat His *FLESH*, they have no life in them. Jesus says that if we eat His *FLESH*, and drink His *BLOOD*, that Jesus will resurrect them on the last day. There is nothing in this passage about symbolism. Instead, there is a lot of very graphic imagery about FLESH and BLOOD. And there are some very provocative statements about Jesus' FLESH and BLOOD, which are "True Meat" and "True Drink". The Greek of the passage is very graphic, using the words sarx (flesh) and aima (blood).

How does the crowd respond? They leave and follow Jesus no more. (verses 60 & 66).

How did the crowd understand Jesus through this interaction? Did they think Jesus was speaking only of symbolism? If so, then why was it so hard for them to accept what Jesus said? Why did they leave and follow Him no more?

When the huge crowds left and followed Jesus no more, what did Jesus do? Did Jesus run after them, and explain that He was only speaking symbolically? No! Jesus let them go.

Is there anything in this passage that indicates that Jesus was speaking symbolically? Certainly *not* in the passage we have just gone over. But if you are like most Protestants, you will hang your entire interpretation on just one verse: John 6:63. But this one verse must be taken *in context*. It must be taken with all of the other verses in the entire passage. If all of the other verses are indicating a literal interpretation, and if the crowd interprets Jesus literally, but only verse 63 (in the Protestant understanding) leads towards a merely symbolic interpretation, then perhaps the Protestants have misunderstood verse 63. Verse 63 cannot be saying something radically different than the entire rest of the passage, which argues so strongly in favor of a literal interpretation.

Next, of course, I challenge you again to go and read the writings of the earliest Christians. What did they believe and teach about this passage? What did they believe and teach about the Eucharist?

I think that you should entertain the possibility that the Protestants have perverted Christianity by denying the sacraments, and by denying their Incarnational nature.

The Incarnation refers to God becoming man. That is the fundamental fact of all of history. It changed everything. God works with physical stuff, like water, bread and wine, oil, and laying on of hands. God was working with physical stuff in the most supreme way in the Incarnation Itself, when He took human flesh to Himself in His own nature. God still works with physical stuff. Christianity is not a religion that totally denies physical stuff; that is the heresy of Gnosticism.

In the Eucharist, the Incarnation continues. The Eucharist is Incarnational. Jesus gives us His Flesh and His Blood to eat and drink, and through them, He gives us eternal life. He promised it. He keeps His promises. He is not a liar.

Incidentally, it is not a coincidence that Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Bethlehem is Hebrew for "House of Bread". Beit-Lechem. Jesus is the True Bread which came down from heaven. Taste and see that the Lord is good. (Ps 34:8). In order to be "washed in the Blood of the Lamb", you have to *drink* it!!

Larrup

PS If you are willing, you might also read this web page:
http://www.TheRealPresence.org/archives/Eucharist/Eucharist_022.htm
 Vivek_Golikeri
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2012 6:57:33 AM
He was taken to India by Prince Ravana of Orissa, not to be confused with King Ravana of Shri Lanka in the Ramayana. Ravana traded between India and the Roman Empire, and was at the Jewish feast in Jerusalem while teenaged Jesus was arguing with the scribes and priests.

As for how he made a living while in India, he could always do carpentry. Besides, monasteries and temples fed those who stayed there and gave them a place to sleep in return for work. Sure, he got around somehow in India.
 Vivek_Golikeri
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2012 6:58:40 AM
Take your theology and stick it up your colon.
 Vivek_Golikeri
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2012 7:00:21 AM
That "take your theology and stick it up your colon" was in reference to that guy lecturing us that "all other roads lead to hell." How do we know that ----- because your Bible tells you so? Your Bible is a half-truth travesty doctored by the Roman Empire.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2012 7:26:27 AM
Your rudeness reveals that you are guilty of the same thing that you are crudely criticizing in others: You believe that YOU have all the "facts" right, therefore anyone who believes otherwise is a fool or worse. There is no evidence that your sources are any more reliable than theirs.

There are no references as yet reported that irrefutably refer to Jesus in India. Only texts which BELIEVERS of various kinds have chosen to IMAGINE are referring to him.

By the way, realize too, that the people you are being so rude and thoughtless towards, wrote what they did almost three years ago.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:36:55 PM
I am no expert on Sanskrit.
But that seems like a bad translation.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Existance of Jesus PROPHESIED in HINDU SCRIPTURES 3000 years before his birth