Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pjbrown
Msg: 1
How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
How do the POF'ers on here really feel about seeing or hearing about their ex-boy or girlfriends getting engaged,,announcing the wedding plans/date,etc?
2 of my ex-girlfriends are getting married in the upcoming year(2006/2007).One,,whom im very happy for and the other one,,well,i quite frankly dont like it because that was the one that got away!
Life goes on!
 Aurorasdream
Msg: 2
How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:41 PM
Well, I always take the road that 'life happens for a reason' and people become an 'ex' for a reason. Seriously, wish them well and go on. Put yourself first and never look back.

And, frankly I know this is depressing...but with the divorce ratio being what it is...take consolation that they probably won't be married for long anyway. *wink* And, this is from someone who truly believes or hopes for a marriage of a lifetime.
 u2lover
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/21/2006 3:00:33 PM
I guess it depends on if you are still friends with your ex or if you ended on good terms. I just found out my ex is engaged and my thoughts are...better her than me! Obviously they were not tied into your destiny and yours is still on its way. Good luck!
Suze
 Shygal530
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/21/2006 3:52:18 PM
Well, I was engaged once and he cheated and got her pregnant so we broke up. Long story short he put MY ring on HER finger and married HER. Needless to say they are now divorced. That's why I strongly believe in what goes around comes around.
 Antagonist
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:09:45 PM
I wish! Maybe then he'd quit stalking me.
 stand by
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:15:42 PM
When I heard my ex got married, I felt resigned to the pointlessness of my existence, and overwhelmed by the futility of life itself. In other words, I took it in stride.
 maree12
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:38:52 PM
I have only been in three real relationships before the one that I am in now. Frankly I was not really worried when I broke up with the first 3 guys, so the discovery that 2 are now married means very little to me, I would not have wanted to spend the rest of my life with any of them, anyway (not sour grapes) I can imagine, though, if this relationship goes belly up, as it is threatening to, I will get very upset if I hear that he has got engaged to someone
 maree12
Msg: 8
your ex advertises to you that they are engaged
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:45:39 PM
Hi, Wildgirl, yes, I think if they tell you, then it is just to show you that you were not the only one who thought them attractive, especially if you were the one who dumped them.
I dated a guy, for maybe 7 months, and I was the one who ended the relationship. Perhaps 6 months later, I get a phone call from the guy inviting me to a party at his place, I declined as I already had plans for the weekend. I later found out that he was married, so I figured that he had been inviting me to the engagement party, and did not tell me, so that I would be CRUSHED at the knowledge that he was no longer a lonely single, whilst I was.
 nasajack2003
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:35:13 AM
I've seen my ex engaged in conversation. It didn't bother me at all.

Dam' it, I did it again...wrong thread. Man 'o man, I gotta quit doin' this.
 cutiepie20021982
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:40:36 AM
I was in a relationship with a guy for 3 years! During that 3 years he asked me over and over to marry him but I guess I knew in my heart I would never marry him cause of the way he treated me. We broke up 3 months ago and he is getting married in May. He called me the other day to invite me and I told him thanks for the invite but I probably wouldnt be able to make it and I congratulated him on his new life. Im not bitter but I am glad that it is her not me cause I knew how he turned out once he was in a relationship and she is jumping in so fast that she has no idea what is going to happen. But like I said I wish them the best of luck!!
 nipper922
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:47:47 AM
I was with my ex for twenty years, and she got engaged about 3 years after our divorce. I was happy for her even though I thought she was THE ONE. If you really care for some one I think you should be happy for them, if not yo may be being a little selfish. Things seem to have a way of working out for the best.
 twilight-twin
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:49:22 AM
I would give anything if my ex husband would date much less get married.
 AmitS01
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:37:22 PM
Mixed feelings for sure. The story's quite strange. My ex and I were together for 6 months. Very intense, and a lot of deep emotions involved. We decided to get engaged; but her parents had other plans. I was invited over to their place so they could clearly let me know that I wasn't welcome. Next thing you know, over night she breaks it off, and then starts dating other guys within a few days. The fellow she landed at the end of the month is who she's engaged to now. He has the same first name as me (not to mention same initials? :S). Wierd. I almost forgot to mention the funniest part. She got the fellow and her idiot cousin to send me hate mail 7 months after the break up??? Really immature insn't it. The fellow is definitely a drone himself. They totally deserve each other. So I am happy that it's him rather than me! But somedays it gets my goat, when I think of how mean some people can be to others for no reason at all. So if it's true what they say, "what goes around comes around", I would love to know what's in store for these bozos! Such is life I suppose!

P.S. HER COUSIN: If your reading this. I feel sorry for you, no matter how nasty you were to me.
 bigmike1958
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:35:04 PM
A really mixed feeling,my x cheated (more than a few times I have found out),I kept the kids,divorced 4 yrs now,after 26 yrs of mrrige. I'm glad,maybe it will cool her from still trying to bother me. But then again,I did it right,stayed home,took care of the kids,so who's throwing the big church party for me?
 blissful_muse07
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/31/2008 9:19:32 PM
An ex-boyfriend contacted me several years ago over instant messanger out of the blue to tell me that he was proposing to his girlfriend. This was on New Years Eve.

At first I was a little sad because we talked about marriage alot while dating and he always told me that i'd be such a wonderful wife someday. Then I realized that we broke up for good reasons and my heart just wasn't with him anymore. He was the wrong guy for me in so many ways and I should be happy that he found someone else. So after this mix of emotions, I was genuinely happy for him because I believe fate had a hand in bringing them together. You can't argue with fate, at least I don't. It happened for a reason. If I would have gone to the movies with him for the opening of Lord of the Rings (something within me said don't go, so I listend to my instincts) he would have never met this woman standing in line getting tickets of all places, and they wouldn't be married now.
 DetroitDrew
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/1/2008 1:37:58 AM
I would feel really sorry for the guy she connived into getting hitched!
 fafi83
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:40:52 AM
Eh dont care. As Judge Judy alludes to: divorces and breaksup arent too far around the corner or "In five years you wont even know his/her name sir/madam". She gets me with that sir /madam stuff lol.
 GREENEYES269
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:06:39 AM
I was told one time that if it bothers you to think about them in bed with someone else your not over them. To this day that statment still holds true.
 racer256
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:11:52 AM
My ex engaged...heeheheh...I feel sorry for the poor sucker that gets caught by her...At least she's left me alone...Yahoo, "the wicked witch is gone"...
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:25:43 AM

So if it's true what they say, "what goes around comes around", I would love to know what's in store for these bozos! Such is life I suppose!

It never goes around until you let it loose. The longer you hang on to it, the more likely you will own it forever.

But then again,I did it right,stayed home,took care of the kids,so who's throwing the big church party for me?

Your kids will... and so will many, many, many of us other men who have walked your walk. We may not be at the church with you but there is always a silent celebration when the dad gets custody, fights all those battles that only we can understand and then ends up with well adjusted kids and a woman better than anything he could have dreamed of.... don't worry, you'll get your big church party!

My ex wife... I thank God and Greyhound she's gone! Seriously, I just smile inside knowing he's not at all getting what he THINKS he is... and its funny... he's a neat freak and she's a slob... he's controlling and she's passive/agressive... even the kids stare on dumbfounded and say "that's not how mom really is!" I always just watch on in total amusement.

Former gf's? Oh, I always wish them well. If it had been meant to be for me and them it would be us together but for what ever reason it was not our time and place so no hard feelings and nothing but best wishes.
 brainznbeauti
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:47:57 AM
honestly, my ex who left me pregnant got engaged (to someone he claims he wasn't seeing while we were together) about a month after he left. i honestly feel really sorry for her...jumping into a relationship with someone on a major rebound is really dumb and under the circumstances, she is in for a ride. but, she chose to get involved with him knowing that he was already involved, so hopefully she can deal with the drama. (and believe me, it's major drama with him) i really think she's one of those types that are just happy to have someone pay attention to her. for him, i hope that he doesn't continue on in life roping people into his lies and foolishness. if they make it to the alter then it's possible that they may be happy. i wish them the best for the sake of our daughter...i wouldn't want her life to be filled with confusion on his end. as for me---i am doing really well and i thank GOD for delivering me out of what could have been a life of heartache with someone who really isn't honest with anyone--including himself. cheers to the happy couple. i've met someone with some sense.
 Wondering-Waiting
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:41:28 AM
It always stings a bit to hear that the one that got away has found someone else. If you can honestly say that you gave it your best shot there's nothing left to do but be happy for her. The "what if's" will drive you crazy.
 *buzz*
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:27:01 AM
Well, mysterious ways of life ... someone tells you facts you least expect ... and so it goes for the ex. Engaged? Nope. After a year living together, they are living apart but still seeing each other for ... , well I just know the ex too well being able to read his body language.
How do I feel seeing him? Numb really, emptiness inside except when he falls ill and "crawls" back to see his son and although replying ... "I am very well, thank you" these painstaking memories fade away on slower pace than one would wish. We are human afterall.
 bike mad
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:38:13 AM
I'm still friends with most of my ex's. I've been to their weddings and am off to another's wedding evening function this month. I'm happy for them in that they've found someone who they are more compatible with and harbour no ill feeling or regrets.
 HoogooseDMoose
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:01:01 AM
I miss my ex but my aim keeps improving
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?