Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leeanne
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I just think people are not going to settle anymore - there is too much a stake - life has become extremely complicated and people are looking for uncomplicated relationships. A relationship where they can escape from the rest of the world. Where they can find solice in one another. It is best never to go into meeting people thinking this can be the one - just let life happen - if he/she is ment to be in your life then it will happen naturally. Leave the personal feelings out of 'casual dating' until you have a 'committed dating' partner to focus on.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:41:57 PM

if he/she is ment to be in your life then it will happen naturally.

this is very true.

but, don't think that it means a relationship won't take work, because they all do, no matter what!
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:56:08 AM
Yup. Personally, it's my theory that many people are "tentative", rather than rush into "another mistake" (i.e. I can relate to the prior comment about "wasting another 20 years ...").

Furthermore, I'm leaning towards the theory that "both sides of the pond" are turned off by desperation ... (it's sooooo uncomely ... and makes one wonder why they're so desperate ... even to the point of being cruelly described as pathetic ... ?)

And so, I believe it's reasonable, prudent and less stressful to be laid-back, and take things as they may. If something works out, wonderful - if not, so be it.

There's no use forcing anybody into something they don't want. You'll both regret it.
However, under the heading of "nothing ventured, nothing gained" ... sometimes we gotta make our own luck, as it pertains to "fishing in the pond" ... ?

And so ... it's back to watching the pond for tell-tale ripples or bubbles ... (ha!)
 Peachy77
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:48:41 PM
I'd say I'm looking for the right person, I'm just pretty sure I won't find her on here. But I show up every now and again in the hopes that maybe I'm wrong. But, if I do find someone great on here, then that's great. In the end, the people in here are the same people who are out there.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/14/2006 10:25:07 PM
Yes I am Honestly seeking a Mrs .RIGHT .
And no not a Mrs .right now.
And nope never ever think I will chase a woman as thats not me .
I ask only one and if I get a no then find I move along and not bother her again.
Yes it is very disappointing on here as lots of ladies I match what thier seeking & they match what I am seeking but . Too many guys on here so the women never try to connect with someone for anything unless he's managed to be mr popular on here.

It seems that some guys like me are a strange rare breed on pof . And when you ladies read my profile you turn up your noses and run away. Well thats okay as I am only seeking one honest caring loving lady for long term and not short term . Nope I too don't see many serious women on pof either . But I have noticed alot of women just playing the field and trying to POF Stars on here!!LOL
Woo won't that get me some hate email soon !LOL
 d-belle
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/16/2006 3:40:30 PM
Haven't read all the replies, sorry.

I get the feeling that most people are looking for the right person, but will take what is in front of them at the time, if only just a short time. I have done it, and most people I know have done it too. Human nature I think.

I hope I find someone who I will stick with for a long time......my ex was a 15 year deal, so I'm hoping the next one will be much longer than that. There are no guarantees though, and if I make a mistake, well, I will at least learn from it.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/16/2006 4:59:42 PM
Hey well I see theres lots of CHUM on Pof !LOL
Yes they know who they are for sure !!
And yes most women on here can not decide what they want or they would be dating instead of wasting their time chattin on POF . Sure bash me for what ever turns you on ladies. But it is very noticable to any one who reads these forums . Most of the women on pof will say their looking & what ever. But most are not really trying at all and really probbly don't want to find the right guy as then they would miss the playin on here . As for me hey if I find my lady either on here or some place else then cool and I am outta here . Nope I won't chase any woman as if I am not some ladies great catch then theres not much hope for most of the single men on pof at all.

But as any one will notice the women figure the guys must do the fishing and the women can just sit there like dead bait !!
Well I don't care sit there like dead bait ladies as if you can't answer an email then are you worth any single mans time !!
Yes easter was here and I shot the dam rabbit as he shit on my lawn . Now I 'm BBQ'in his ass and gonna eat the bugger!!
I bet if this don't make the women pissed nothing would !!
 Mystery_Lady29
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2006 11:37:31 AM
Simply amazing how so many say they are looking for same thing.. yet not to many seem to be finding it. I believe that as we get older the relationships certainly get more complicated. No no keeps it simple anymore. When we were younger there were not nearly as many complications and expectations put on your significant other are not nearly as high. Now we seem to be saying I am being more "picky". I am not saying that anyone should settle for whoever falls in your lap, there certainly should be chemistry and compatibility. Those that play the games are the ones that ruin it for those who don't. You find someone you think is your match (so to speak) and then find out there are just killing time until something better comes along. Speak the truth. If that is the case be honest. The heart only takes so much before it shuts down and says I can't feel anymore.

Many bring the baggage from past relationships into new ones. That doesn't work. I am not saying you can't learn from past relationships we just have to learn to let go of the past and concentrate on today only! We have to forgive both in ourself and others before we can move on. Deal with the demons so we can start a new. We can't keep that nagging devil in the back of our mind saying hold back make sure this is the one before you can feel whole heartly for that person. Life is about taking chances and we all know (those that are serious about LTR) that we must take them or we become the wallflowers waiting on someone to come and water us so we can grow. Life doesn't work that way. You have to get out there and take part.

Those of us that resort to dating sites to find our match, I believe, find it tougher than if you meet someone elsewhere. Words are exactly that just words. I don't like the club scene and work long hours during the week. How do you meet people if you aren't out there... so we resort to the internet. We trust that the words are right and hope with our hearts that it is not a game.

I think it is terrible when someone sends an e-mail and they get no response. The least someone can do is send one back, even if it says sorry I am not interested. A response is warranted if someone took the time to send you one.

I wish for everyone who is seriously looking to find their match the best of luck! Happy fishing! I think someone should tell me what lure to use as I don't seem to be using the right one!

Firmbear8
Msg: 51
Posted: 4/23/2006 2:43:45 PM
Hey well no hate mail !!

Well now how can a serious male find Miss Right on Pof when anyone who comes close to what I am seeking and what she is seeking never replies back to emails ??
I guess its like putting out a fire with gasoline ! It will never work !
So how can us serious men get you Miss Rights to relpy back ??
So am I right or are you ladies just afraid to find mr right ???
 twisted40
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/23/2006 3:33:01 PM
I dont know...is there really such a thing as MR. or Ms. Right???
 Firmbear8
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/30/2006 7:06:37 PM
Well I'm a Mr Right !!
So My Miss Right where are you hiding ???
Yes I know your here so stop being so darn shy and come get your Mr Right !
 jeepbooy
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/1/2006 4:56:43 AM
All im am looking for is Mrs.Right for me!
 Firmbear8
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/1/2006 3:15:54 PM
Hey well I don't look at the instant attraction but more how far away is she !!
Then its the instant attraction !!
Thats why I have posted in my profile 2 hours away as my cut off point . As much farther then that and it does make it hard to date !
 bluedew
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/1/2006 3:24:25 PM
I know exactly what I want and I refuse to settle for just anyone for a right now. Maybe I'm too old fashioned, but I know what type I like and more important it's the personality of the person which wins me over. Problem, they aren't interested in me.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2006 7:16:22 PM
Why is it so hard to find Mr. or Ms. Right? Too many to choose from online I guess. Most men I've met seem not to be ready for a relationship. The biggest excuse I hear is that they need to get their life in order. I just don't get that. Having a partner to lean on or be by your side definitely makes things so much easier to deal with. So I guess I'll keep waiting until Mr. Right finds me. WHERE ARE YOU??....lol
 Firmbear8
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/6/2006 7:57:55 PM
Well every lady I meet always has someone from their past they have not moved on from .
And to me that an excuse for them to say thier not sure .Even though they keep telling me I am the best guy they have ever dated they seem to always never seem to want too put any effort into any relationship with me . But more want too talk what went wrong with their past relationship and what could have been changed and then poof their gone !LOL
So if Miss Right is out there I will say I am getting more and more pickier as this goes on and if I don't see she's after me for sure then I won't bother wasting my time when she comes calling!
 bluedew
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:21:51 AM
I'm looking for someone who can also be my best friend. A man whom I can talk to and will talk to me, not at me.
 Mystery_Lady29
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2006 3:53:48 PM
The same things seems to come out of everyone's responses. All looking for that perfect person. Of course everyone's idea is perfection is different, no two the same. I see the replies that say I am looking for Mr./Mrs. Right not the Mr./Mrs. Right Now! Is that not what life is about. Can we really have the power to predict the future. For so long I looked for Mr. Right and he has not appeared. I think as we get older we complicate things and we place expectations on a partner that no one can live up to. Many say they want simple things, someone to talk to, laugh with, cry with and lean on, but in reality high expectations are placed on a partner. So often people meet and anaylize the situation so much we talk ourselves out of it. Find something wrong with the person we have met and make an excuse to end things when really it should be given a chance. We wonder is there something better out there. I have certainly done some real soul searching in the past months. Come to terms with my past experiences and have dealt with them. No more carrying them with me. The past is just that, the past. We can't change it and certainly cannot bring it with us. It drags us down and keeps us from moving on with our lives. Each day a new one and I really try to treat them that way. I try to look at each one as a new adventure. We only get to live once and have to make the best of each day we have. Happy in what we are! Be true to ourselves!
 Kiaa
Msg: 76
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:00:23 PM
i am looking for mister right but i highly doupt that i will find it
 Habbier
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/9/2006 9:36:59 AM
I think maybe about 10% of people are serious the rest are here to playt games or feed their egois or pass the time by
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2006 3:37:00 PM

I think maybe about 10% of people are serious the rest are here to playt games or feed their egois or pass the time by

... and then there are those who don't know what they want ... but think they know ... but when they finally get that "new puppy" ... hmmm ... still trying to figure it all out ...
 Samson3
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/9/2006 5:09:03 PM

I figure the poor man is out there, really searching hard for me so I thought I'd be hanging out here to make it a little easier for him to find me.

You are sooooooooooo friggin CUTE !!!

Seriously though, finding the right person for you is one of the toughest things we will ever do and it takes courage and strength to persevere through all the frogs and frogettes.
 Samson3
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/11/2006 5:46:43 AM
yet still, the answer the next day, is that they aren't into me

Sammy,

Do you say thank you to these women?

Because they are saving you a ton of wasted time !!!

Trust me brother the right women for you, will be totally into you when you meet her and all these other women are not worth your time anyways.

I don't expect anything from this site because the majority of people on here are single for good reason but I still believe that there are a small percentage that are serious but you need to get more selective my friend.

I've been here for over a month and spoken with at least 30 women but I still haven't meet 1 yet (for various reasons).

No offence to the women, many of them that I have spoken with are amazing but just not the "right" one for me.
 Diggy03
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:10:20 AM
Very interesting topic.. and even more interesting responses.

Myself... I initially came to POF with my head in the clouds. I figured I would find "the one" and that would be it.

Ok back to reality. I'm sure internet dating works for some... just not for me. Perhaps it's because I still believe in meeting people the old fashioned way and IN PERSON. I am no longer looking for the unattainable. And please don't tell me I need to get out to the POF parties. I refuse to attend a POF party that involves alcohol. It's not flattering how most people act when they are inebriated... think about first impressions people!!!

I enjoy the forums and sense of community here.... I just can't say for sure if my life partner is somewhere in cyber space searching for me.

So the coles notes version yes I am serious when I say I am not looking for Mr. Right on the internet. Although life has a way of surprising you!!
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:19:24 PM
Sacre bleu!!! But ... of course ... (it's all about picking from the PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Right way to pick Mr Right

PARIS : Disregard months of email courtship, pay only polite attention to the advice of your friends. And forget about those Jane Austen-style books on how to select Mr Right.

A better way for a woman to choose a mate is to look at him in the face and trust her instincts, scientists say.
In a study published on Wednesday by the Royal Society B, United States psychologists tested a key hypothesis about male attractiveness.

This theory says that women are simply ambivalent, but there is a genetic cause for it. They might fancy men who are "hunky" but they also like the sensitive types. A masculine square-jawed man represents the best potential for producing a healthy baby, whereas a sensitive man represents the best potential for protecting and nurturing the offspring.

A team led by Mr James Roney, a professor of the University of California at Santa Barbara, has put the theory to the test in an experiment combining psychology and hormones.

They recruited 39 male students aged 18 to 33. The volunteers were photographed with a neutral facial expression and had information on their hairstyles omitted.

The men also gave saliva samples, which were assessed for levels of the male hormone testosterone, and were asked to look at pictures of babies and to rate how much they liked children. The photos were then individually assessed by 29 undergraduate women students aged 18-20.

They were asked to rate each man on a scale of one-to-seven for "likes children," "masculine", "physically attractive" and "kind."

And they were then asked to rate the men's attractiveness as either a "short-term romantic partner" or a "long-term romantic partner."

The researchers found the women were uncannily accurate in guessing which men liked children and which men were less interested or indifferent to kids.

The men whom the women considered to be more masculine and a choice for a brief fling also had higher testosterone levels than their counterparts.

But the men whom the women preferred for a long-term relationship had a strong affinity for children.

Mr Roney says these findings provide the first direct evidence that women track men's hormone concentrations and liking for children when they formulate a judgement about attractiveness. Nevertheless, no correlation between testosterone and liking for children could be established.

In other words, Mr. Macho may like children and Mr. Sensitive may not. However, the risk is that a woman may write them off respectively, as a long-term or a short-term mating prospect.

But the study raised the question - How can a man convey such subtleties and how can a woman recognise them in the fast, furious, gene-driven realm of mating. - AFP /dt
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!