Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How easy is it to upgrade pc to Windows2000?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Geeis18
Msg: 10
view profile
History
How easy is it to upgrade pc to Windows2000?Page 1 of 1    
I agree the more RAM the better but it certainly isnt a must. Also, if you go from 98 to 2000 you are LIKELY to have driver issues. however if your hardware is common (cross your fingers) then you should have no problem downloading the drivers you need from the internet (if your modem/ NIC driver is ok).

If you can post your systems specs it would be helpful
 Geeis18
Msg: 11
view profile
History
How easy is it to upgrade pc to Windows2000?
Posted: 4/1/2006 6:41:37 PM
To post system specs move the mouse to the "my computer" icon. Click the right side button of the mouse. Select Properties from the menu that pops up. a window entitles System Properties will pop up. On the bottem right corner of that window will be you System Specs.
 stoowart
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2006 6:17:39 AM
erm..hello peeps, i have a question related to this subject, altho i have a fine (ish) p4 pc with 512, xp pro, etc etc i was given 2 "dead" p1's a few months back and made one out of the two, the p1 is now runnin a k11 366 with 160meg of ram, o/s 98se. Having win2k pro available i have tried to install it so the new and the old might be able to network....however after installation of 2k on startup when it gets to the loading screen the keyboard and mouse drop out and we grind to a halt at the "enter new password" dialog box where i can take no action as the keyboard has ceased to function even tho it was working at the "boot from" stage of startup....I hope i've described the problem well enough and wonderif any1 has any suggestions (apart from forgetting the idea, that is :)) thanx stoo

p.s. 98 does show ram on my comp properties....
 stoowart
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2006 7:56:14 AM
erm ok, only i'm pretty sure i haven't made the erm leap to usb keyboards or mice on any of my machines to be honest :)
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How easy is it to upgrade pc to Windows2000?